• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why I've chosen Kronos over...that other place

I don't understand why the server populations would be any different between here and that "other place" as far as "toxicity" goes. Not only are some people on both servers, but I don't believe different vanilla servers attract wholly different people. Different types of people might "stay" over the long term, but vanilla is vanilla. People that are interested in it will come and there won't be any difference. The only affecting difference to what you might see and term as "toxicity" is how far GM's go to ban or silence people that are rude by nature.

I can safely say the reason I've decided to stay here is because of not the scripts of the quests (even though almost all the quests I've done I have seen close to perfect scripting, i.e. the NPC's will talk to each other and such) it's the other scripts that you see while running around. If anyone played Horde back on Vanilla (or maybe it's still in retail) but in UC there's a place in the War Quarter where NPC's fight and kill various mobs. It's actually working here, which it's fun to watch, and on other servers all I've seen is the abomination just standing there while the crowd is cheering for some reason.

It's the little things that make me happy to play on this server. And having played the beta and tested quite a few of the dungeons, everything at the higher levels is gravy.

Still some glaring issues like pets, but I hope they get them all worked out quickly.

Molten has no place in this discussion at all. They target a totally different audience. They don't even have a blizzlike WotLK server (because it was a failure). I played a little on that server a long time ago and didn't experience any kind of "Molten horror" or "toxicity". I left because the server was meh...

And to be honest IRC is a shitty way of communicating in 2015... It's like using Morse code when you have smartphones available.

Molten was still a private server, and it may not be an exact representation of the other server's community, but what I've seen from staff and players alike there strongly reminds me of my time at Molten. I bring it up because in my own subjective experience, it's the closest thing I can compare it to.

Yes, the IRC is old-fashioned, but it works, and the devs are on there keeping in constant communication with us, that's what's important.

But to the other servers defense, A LOT of the shait that is going on over at reddit and their forums is people making up lies and promoting kronos. There is no denying that, and it's very convenient that you decide to not tell that part. Actually there are very many bad apples on both servers, that JUST HAVE TO shait talk the other servers because REASONS.

I'm sure that's the case, I'm sure we're all aware that there's shit-slinging happening from both sides of the aisle. It's not just the shit-talking I'm seeing though, it's lack of transparency and communication from the devs and players whose attitudes remind me of what I saw running rampant at Molten. Of course there will be bad apples in both places, and it's my subjective experience that there are many more per capitathere than there are here.

I honestly think too many people are afraid kronos will die because of the massive other server population. I hope both lives and I really think both deserve to live with a healthy population. Competition is good, making up lies and blindly promoting one server over the other is not.

I do have my concerns, but I think that most of the population is here to stay because of the reasons I've discussed. I do hope you're not claiming that I'm making up lies and promoting one server over the other though, I've been as honest as I can with my experiences and my reasoning behind my decision. I'm saying that Kronos is the right choice for me, not that it's the right choice for everyone.

So your argument for choosing kronos is based on false logic and generalization of an entire community based on loud minority.

You will find those jerks here aswell
and in these forms aswell.

"that other server" has 6k players, and you just CANCEL OUT that entire player base because you see in their forum around 7-10 die hard fanboys filled with toxicity.

You're argument for staying is here just lying to yourself.

Yes, I'm generalizing the population of that server by the loud minority. As I stated from my time at Molten, one in five jerks was enough to piss me right the fuck off. On the forums, it was their volume which I didn't like, and I get the same taste in my mouth browsing the other server's forums. I know they are a minority, but they are a strong enough minority to deter me. Here, it seems to be a much weaker, quieter minority.

I'm not lying to myself, I'm being as intellectually honest as I can possibly be. In my opinion, the players and staff here are much more to my liking than over there.

I don't understand why the server populations would be any different between here and that "other place" as far as "toxicity" goes. Not only are some people on both servers, but I don't believe different vanilla servers attract wholly different people.

Many of the same people are on both servers, but I feel the ones over there are more toxic on the whole. These servers do attract different people to an extent; that one launched first and has a larger population, while Kronos waited, had beta testing, and seems to care more about quality in general. The GM's and devs aren't as active with the community there as I've seen them here. That means the other server is more likely to attract players who aren't particularly concerned with development, just want a big population and something 'close enough' to the vanilla experience in terms of bugs and whatnot, and they want it now. The population here will tend to be more concerned with staff communication and transparency, and wants the best possible gaming experience even if it means less players to share the experience with. The latter is more my crowd.

Tried to address all the concerns with my post, hope it cleared some things up.

I think Kronos has a big advantage : they are part of a company. A solid structure. The devs are paid for their work. This implies a better stability : the staff is less likely to become lazy or things like that.
There is also a problem with this. They might be looking to make more money in the future... (ED syndrom) But hey, nothing is perfect in this world, isn't it ?
In the end, it always a matter of who you decide to trust. Especially when it's really hard to say which server is the best scripted one.

"Many of the same people are on both servers, but I feel the ones over there are more toxic on the whole."

Not only are many of he same people on both realms, but with the massive ban hammer that came down this weekend on Nost and the one forwarned to be coming down next weekend, guess where all of the degenerates are going to pop up next?

"Many of the same people are on both servers, but I feel the ones over there are more toxic on the whole."

Not only are many of he same people on both realms, but with the massive ban hammer that came down this weekend on Nost and the one forwarned to be coming down next weekend, guess where all of the degenerates are going to pop up next?

I would say that the reason they're getting banned is for exploits...exploits I doubt they'll find over here. There's always going to be degenerates in the vanilla community, it's the internet and it's 2015. Dank memes and being racist to be edgy are the "in" things for the internet these days. As long as they can't ruin the experience by exploitation, I don't think we have much to worry about. Just prepare your ignore lists :wink:

yup I agree entirely...same people everywhere, that's why I'm saying there is no difference between these communities.

I look at that other server and I see Molten all over again. The toxicity on their forums, the hate, the arrogance, the complaints of racism from day 1, and of course the huge population.

I have been outspoken against hate speech on Nostalrius from Day 1. It's been an uphill climb, but with a combination of /ignore and Nost using the banhammer, World chat is almost free from toxicity. I honestly think the people still calling others "fags" don't think it's a big deal; it's coming from ignorance more than anything else.

I think that most of the players on Nost aren't concerned about some guilds allegedly duping or taking advantage of bad loot tables and the like; they are simply leveling and enjoying the experience. The Nost devs are making concerted efforts to clean up after their mistakes as well as squash bugs. Is it the 100% Blizzlike experience we were promised? No. But, for most players, it's good enough.

Nostalrius is like Windows and Kronos is like Macintosh; Windows has always had a higher user base despite Macs being safer and higher quality overall. But if you maintain 2.5-3k users and have quality scripting, Kronos is going to be great. And as long as you're having a good experience, who cares what the other guys are doing?

I have been outspoken against hate speech on Nostalrius from Day 1. It's been an uphill climb, but with a combination of /ignore and Nost using the banhammer, World chat is almost free from toxicity. I honestly think the people still calling others "fags" don't think it's a big deal; it's coming from ignorance more than anything else.

I think that most of the players on Nost aren't concerned about some guilds allegedly duping or taking advantage of bad loot tables and the like; they are simply leveling and enjoying the experience. The Nost devs are making concerted efforts to clean up after their mistakes as well as squash bugs. Is it the 100% Blizzlike experience we were promised? No. But, for most players, it's good enough.

Nostalrius is like Windows and Kronos is like Macintosh; Windows has always had a higher user base despite Macs being safer and higher quality overall. But if you maintain 2.5-3k users and have quality scripting, Kronos is going to be great. And as long as you're having a good experience, who cares what the other guys are doing?
Decent post as usual, the thing is given the scripting problems etc already experienced with Rag/Ony do you honestly hold any any sort of hope they will be able to release a decent AQ40 or Naxx raid? I certainly don't which is why I'm here. Far more faith in the devs on Kronos than on Nos.

I rolled on nost mainly as a warm up to Kronos launch.

I don't really know how best to quantify my observations through level 16 there, other than to say Kronos just feels more correct in how hard encounters are. I like that every mob cluster needs thought and every cave is potential death.

After all, vanilla was a time when grouping was the norm. It wasn't Everquest hard back then, but it was certainly more effort and danger around every corner than what modern MMO audiences have come to expect.

I am loving Kronos so far.

- administration not copycating blizzlike features like headless idiоts: if there is some thing that does not benefit community in 2015 even when it was blizzlike in 2005 i.e. %target, tree los, high respec cost - devs won't keep it
- chat moderation: no more toxic retards spamming in chat or abusing moderation power, /wave nos
- pvp fixes never forgotten and dont have low priority /wave fenix
- zero delay in pvp and pve

not gonna post about amount of bugs cus too low lvl

would like to add "administration monitoring players and preventing any kind of abuse or gold duping" but iam still not sure about it, time will show, but i pretty hope this project wont turn into trash basket Nos went with all those uncontrollable exploits and abuses

Last edited:
Top Bottom