• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question Will I have an issue playing from Japan?

VincentVolaju

Originally from east coast USA and have always played there, including current accounts. Recently moved to Japan and wondering if I'll have any issues playing on K3? I've heard IPs and such from Asia are going to be blocked on K3?

Recently moved to Japan as well. Haven't had issues logging in to K1, where did you read about this possible blocking of IPs?

Recently moved to Japan as well. Haven't had issues logging in to K1, where did you read about this possible blocking of IPs?

I didn't personally read it anywhere. I've just heard people talking in Discord about how Kronos is going to prevent a lot of Chinese players this time around on K3, and were planning to do so by not allowing IPs from China / SEA to connect to the server.

I have no idea if it's just rumors or not. However, many people, including some on this forum, have mentioned one of the big differences between Kronos and other projects is that Kronos doesn't have nearly as many players from Asia as other projects do. So I thought maybe what I heard about K3 was true? I can also play on K1 just fine, well, 400ms lol, but I can at least connect. I'm hoping it'll be the same way on K3.

I thought I heard, not necessarily not ip's but VPN's which the Chinese use to get around their government sanctions on them connecting to outside services, but take that with a grain of salt.

You could test on K1 or the Test server and judge wether it is fine or not, if you wish to use a VPN you need to send a request as otherwise it is either blocked or will be blocked along with a ban shortly after as it goes against rules unless an exception has been granted.

Project Kronos Rules - Rule W.
It is strictly forbidden to use any means of changing or hiding real information about a connected client (anonymous connection and DynIP). It is strictly forbidden to connect to the game server, forum or IRC via anonymous proxy servers (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3), ELITE proxy, web anonymizers, anonymous VPN servers or other services, including any software using these means. The only exception is using BNC (PsyBNC) for connecting to the IRC channels of the server. Any abuse of the variability of dynamic IP addresses for spamming or violating the rules will result in sending the Log(s) of such actions to the ISP to which the DynIP is registered an immediate cessation of these actions will be demanded. In extreme cases, the situation may result in filing an official complaint against the person involved. In a case of using an anonymous connection, it is possible to grant an exception. The appeal for an exception must be sent exclusively via e-mail the project administrator and must contain the name of the account (or a registered nick on IRC), service involved (game, forum, IRC), type of the connection (Ann proxy, Elite, VPN, etc…) and the reason for using an anonymous connection (e. g. A port is blocked on the dormitories, therefore I use a tunnel to an anonymous VPN server via which I play). Upon approval, the user is authorized to use an anonymous connection. Requests have to be sent to the server Administrator only.

Last edited:
Hi,
Please try all three locations of Twinstars masternodes for best latency, you can find them below.
set realmlist west.kronos-wow.com
set realmlist north.kronos-wow.com
set realmlist east.kronos-wow.com

Have a nice day and good luck ingame on Saturday :)

I play from Japan (as many may know), and I’ve never had an issue (I was on K1 at launch too), just don’t expect perfect latency or to be god in PvP unless playing a latency lenient class.

I think I average around 270ms.

Top Bottom