• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Will these talents be enough to tank 10mans lvl60?

TKwow

Hi all,

I'm playing with a group of friends, the toughest tanking I probably need to do are 10mans. I'd rather not go full tank, but instead have a say in casual pvp as well. Will this build be enough to achieve both?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LVuxbAbo0uVZEdzo

Further questions: Can I spend less points on anticipation and more points on toughness? The +armor is really tempting, but I dont know whether the +10def is mandatory. Should I skip the +1 on improved charge, and instead use it on sword/axe/etc. spec?

Thanks for any help,
-Yainiku, the flexing cheering ridiculously charging tank-cow

Last edited:
For 5/10 man dungeons you really want the Defiance talent. The main problem are mobs running at your dps / healers because you dont have enough threat to hit every mob as much as needed.

At least spend 3 points in it, like this: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LVuxbAbo0uVZgdzoh

Everything else is not needed from the prot tree for 5mans.

Every attack that you block cant be a crit or crushing. That is very helpful vs bosses where your healers might have problems keeping you up with non best in slot gear.
Therefore I would argue the 1 point in shieldblock has more value than the 3% extra threat because it doubles the amount of attacks which cant crit / crush you every time you use shieldblock.
All things summed up you could consider to respec for pvp / dungeons since its capped at 5g on Kronos and the later talents in the protection tree help you a lot if you arent geared very good (extra stun, extra threat ability, reduces cooldowns, etc).
If you want to save a few bucks stick with the talents I posted and be able to do both but if you see that you die a lot in instances consider going more into protection.

I have tanked most 60 dungeons with a standard arms spec when gearing up. I guess being prot specced helps but tanking with a dps spec with tank gear is fine most of the time as well. If u'r lowgeared the group will need to CC anyways and then it shouldn't matter either way. Only instance that sucked imo was Scholo. I never liked going half half spec, u won't have enrage for PvP which boosts ur dmg alot and won't be a very good tank either. Just my 2 cents. ;O

Top Bottom