• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

World chat moderation

so we are supposed to use addons to have a normal game experience?
isnt that just sad?
they should add more keywords to their "nostalrius" chat filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that how censorship works, you're telling someone to shut up because they hold a different opinion on how things should happen? Censorship isn't just something governments exercise, even the average human can exert it under the pretense of "wanting to appears as a 'decent' person"

It ain't the end of the word because someone said a no-no word or something you disagreed with, the ban hammer should only be coming down on more extreme things in all honesty

But in all honesty what is "Toxic" behaviour really?

Some people have a higher tolerance level for words on a computer screen than others, while general politeness is a must, people shouldn't go slamming down on the independent thought alarm when someone says something they don't personally agree with

A friendly community IS important, however clamping down too hard results in what is dubbed in most places as a "hug-box" and turns away people who are afraid of being outcast for not sharing the same mindset as others

Some people have higher tolerance level for physical abuse, so lets make it ok to kick other random people in the face while you're walking around?
because hey, im free, i can do what i want, i can kick people in the face! its THEIR problem if they dont have enough tolerance for that.

The thing is that right now there is a small minority of users that are ruining the world chat for everyone else. Ofc there has been trolling and plain old bigotry since the beginning of time, but it has never been at a level where cool edgy trolls actually took over world chat and made regular users leave or stop using it. I think everyone can stand a little bit of stupidity now and then but it has reached another level and I hope the community together with devs can get it under control and make sure we can keep the chat at least somewhat friendly and helpful.

Just like in real life (as this virtual world is a projection of real life) there are more negative people than positive ones. In this case negative means people with a destructive attitude to the community, their actions only serve to destabilize the world chat. So exactly what trolls do, like you pointed out.

This negative and destructive attitude is quite common like stupid people are. To me a stupid person is not someone with a low IQ, but someone who lacks empathy, sensitivity and in general who doesn't respect the others. The world is full of egotists and stupid people so I don't expect anything different here.

This is the humanity, like it has always been and it always be.

"Never argue with a fool. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

- Mark Twain

"Ego=1/Knowledge. More the knowledge lesser the ego, lesser the knowledge more the ego."
- Albert Einstein

Last edited:
The thing is that right now there is a small minority of users that are ruining the world chat for everyone else. Ofc there has been trolling and plain old bigotry since the beginning of time, but it has never been at a level where cool edgy trolls actually took over world chat and made regular users leave or stop using it. I think everyone can stand a little bit of stupidity now and then but it has reached another level and I hope the community together with devs can get it under control and make sure we can keep the chat at least somewhat friendly and helpful.

screenshot + report or create a ticket, it does make a difference. you just don't always see the result right away, giving the illusion that it doesn't matter or is too much effort. it's not.

Top Bottom