• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

World PVP

Phantomplayer

World PVP: Stories of your interactions with the opposing faction

This is just to get a general feeling for how you have interacted with the opposing faction.

Here are the guide line for your replies

Please state the following:
YOU
Faction:
Race:
Class:
Level:
Zone:
Party or Alone:

Them
Race:
Class:
Level:
Party or Alone:

Obviously you might not know if they are Partied or not, but you know what I mean if they are in a group.

Okay, let me start this off.

A friend and I decided to go questing in Stone Talon Mountains yesterday.

Alliance
Human
Warrior
Stone Talon Mountains
Partied with another lvl 19 warrior

On our journey from duskwood to Booty Bay we passed only one other Hordey and he was ?? mounted. He payed us no attention as he walked right by. I am sure he was more amused about how were were about to get killed a bunch from the high level mobs. He had whirlwind axe. (Thus he was a warrior) IIRC.

We made it to the Boat and we came across an undead once we reached Ratchet. He too was ??, but since we were kinda behind enemy lines we just kind of kept running, didn't take note of that users info.

We passed a level 14 druid in bear form in the barrens, as well as some hunter named "fumbDuck" -_- Didn't mess with us.

We passed a level 21 Mage troll, I was thinking he didn't see us as he was busy with a mob. Then we hit our destination zone of STM.

On our way we came across two other Horde players of about our same level. They just walked on by. Another we came across was ?? and run right past us, not sure if they were just num lock running and AFK or if they just didn't care to gank lowbies.

Then about 15 minutes later we got our first encounter.

Them:
Troll
Mage
?? Mounted
Alone

They dismounted and decided to hit me with arcane explosion a few times. I died, then my friend died. We spirit res'd, grabbed the next part of the STM quests (which required us to go back to SW and IF) so we hearth'd back to a more friendly zone.

So, from my experience thus far in contested territory, 1 in 8 ppl being aggressive aint bad. I definitely feel back at home in vanilla. It is kind of funny, since I figured it would be some dude who was ?? that would gank us since we are low. This is the WoW I remember.

Added: This is not intended to start flame wars and call out players by name for camping you, this is more of peoples experience as they pass by players on the opposite team.

So keep it clean and try not to get all ragey. Thanx

-PP

Last edited:
Same old for me -

Please state the following:
YOU
Faction: Horde
Race: Tauren
Class: Warrior
Level: 48
Zone: STV / Tanaris / Badlands
Party or Alone: Alone 90% of the time

Them
Race: Human / Dwarf / Nelf / Gnome
Class: Rogue / Hunter / Mage / Priest
Level: All between 35-45
Party or Alone: Mostly Partied

Human Rogue - Bounzz Ganked me continuously for over an hour on the bloodsail boat whilst spamming /lol emotes (douchebag)

Human Rogue Cassidy - Ganked me in STV near nagas everytime i attacked a mob, got him in the end though.

Human Priest Seydas - tried to gank him several times while fishing in STV but shadow was to strong for me at that poing

NELF Rogue - Tryptamine - STV -Tried ganking me but killed him a few times, got butthurt and came back with friends

Human Paladin - Dominacija - Admittedly this guy has got me a few times but I have also camped him (he is a nice guy though I have spoken to him on ally)

Human Warlock Cokewalker - Ganked this guy a lot in STV

Human Warrior - Hashkandi - WW axe with Crusader, came to save Cokewalker. only got me once and left them alone

Dwarf Hunter - Harlem - Killed me once at nagas in STV got him a few times after

?? Gnome mage with a 41 rogue and 38 possibly druid - Killed us once farming Tanaris pirates ganked them as a 5 man party

Admittedly I will gank all lowbies and kill anyone I think I have a chance against. If I dont think I can take them I try my best to make friends with emotes.

Most of the time the PvP has been pretty fair and in level but STV gets out of hand sometimes.

Obviously I sit at the opposite side of the spectrum. I am more of a we may have differences as a people, but I am not going to go looking for trouble. Unless it is a hot spot zone or we are raiding your major city.

I certainly am not going to go around killing lower level players since there is no challenge in that and really is no honor.

I could easily stomp in a child's skull, but I am civil and choose not to do that, so why do it in game? I know that I too will be vulnerable on an alt some day and if I am not provoking someone I can't see the reason to fight. (All personal opinion BTW)

Again, I would appreciate it if we just kept the names of people who pissed you off out of it. Its not a this person is a xxxx discussion.

I am trying to judge if more races/classes are prone to being aggressive or if ppl who go around rolling lowbies travel in packs or are lone wolf.

My experience has been positive thus far.

Thanx
-PP

Top Bottom