• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

wow 1.12 on intel bay trail

quasist

SdY719P.jpg

There is plenty of ~100$ devices from china running win8.1(not RT) and some report that they have Fallout 3 at nice FPS.

Anyone have tested vanilla wow clients on these or similar devices?

//I know, it is too hipster-way to play wow outside of basement and desktop PC... but.

System requirements Microsoft Windows

Judging by these specs, purely theoretically you can run it, you'd have to test it yourself or visit some hardware forums and ask there.
Bay trail is just a codename for atom processors. Don't expect high fps though.

Hey yeah it runs on the Asus T100 (Terminator) Tablet pc that i bought for my gf brilliantly :D

I wish someone youtubed vanilla wow on these devices. Could be used as an ad for kronos too if product placement...

I wonder how pro you'd be without a mouse..
I played wow even using NES gamepad (usb version). The trick was to position cursor on character and have Shift-loot compo binded in joy2key(or any soft you using). Usually it is enogh to grind mobs while watching other screen.

I hate the year 2015, because when somebody plays like a 3-year old, nobody can blame him, since he might be playing on a touchscreen :blink:

Haha :D yeah but the example you see in the above shown picture got a mini HDMI slot.
So it might be possible to use that cheap tablet as a PC with extern screen + bluetooth keyboard + mouse.
Just for 100€ (found it for that price on amazon), haven't seen a mini PC with win 7+ for 100€ yet, if it can be used like that. To be honest i didn't really look that long for a mini PC for less than 100 bucks.
Additional you only have to plugin 2-3 cables, so it's always portable to use it like a tablet.

Last edited:
I have bought ~100 win8.1 tablet (most lowend). Gives ~30 FPS in general on max settings 1280x800.

Funny fact - it cant keep powered on my gaming mouse + any keyboard. And there only one port to otg/charge, so no long gaming sessions.

WoW can't be played on touchscreen without any tinkering - even small drag will rotate your camera like 720degree. Without keyboard (in fullscreen mode) you cannot enter login/password.

I have bought ~100 win8.1 tablet (most lowend). Gives ~30 FPS in general on max settings 1280x800.

Funny fact - it cant keep powered on my gaming mouse + any keyboard. And there only one port to otg/charge, so no long gaming sessions.

WoW can't be played on touchscreen without any tinkering - even small drag will rotate your camera like 720degree. Without keyboard (in fullscreen mode) you cannot enter login/password.

Bluetooth mouses and keyboards will fix this issue.

I have one I play on occasionally

W4k0ZHF.jpg

I wish there were gaming left-hand BT keypads...
//poor mouse because bigger one have not enogh energy

Last edited:
Top Bottom