• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Zulian Hacker

Giskard

Why do I not see these on any BiS lists? Sure it's a little fast for MH and slow for OH, but that weapon skill is incredible. With two of them, on an orc, you're 1 under the weapon skill cap. And does the same speed DW weapon flurry bug exist on this server?

Assuming you get ones that have str on them (bear, tiger, shit even boar), I would think these would provide incredible dps. What am I missing here?

Well that's...stupid.

I suppose my real question is this: On an orc, without edgemaster's - Dal'rend set vs 2x Zulian Hackers (with 7-8 str on each)?

2x Zulian Hackers with 8 str. 8 str per = 32 AP. so only losing 18 AP there. The % of damage reduction on glancing will add to your rage regen % rate, negating the damage loss of a weaker WW.

Weapon speed isn't as bad of a loss for fury as it is for rogue.

Raw DPS is very important. While this strays away from your comparison on weapons, I can even point out how a dagger speed weapon has its benefits vs a slower weapon when you have the raw stats/hit to keep your rage high and have the ability to spam heroic strikes (when not worrying about threat ceiling)

Once Nost site comes back up and my numbers from there are available, I can explain more, long story short,

When you have the rage available to HS spam, you do 23.5% more damage using a 1.8 speed dagger vs a 2.6 speed (CTS/Vis'Kag) on your heroic strikes, vs a 17% damage loss on WW, and the faster attacks = more flurry up time which increase rage regen.

Also same speed is fine, I don't think your timer gets reset on this server for MH swing during extra hit bonus, which means your OH won't reset your MH causing you to not swing a normal white hit.

When you have the rage available to HS spam, you do 23.5% more damage using a 1.8 speed dagger vs a 2.6 speed (CTS/Vis'Kag) on your heroic strikes, vs a 17% damage loss on WW, and the faster attacks = more flurry up time which increase rage regen.

Faster attacks lead to lower flurry uptime since the amount of special ability crits decreases relative to the amount of white swings.

It's a double edge sword in the fact that your white hits burn through faster, but those white hits being more often can proc it more as well due to being more hits in general, or would it not?

Your attacks are delayed by 44.4% more using CTS of Viskag in MH compared to a 1.8 speed Perditions.

So while your white hits burn the buff faster, wouldn't they have a change to reapply the buff as well more than a slower weapon?

Are two slower weapons viable when fully world buffed since flurry's going to be up most of the time? For example a Deathbringer and Frostbite axe combination?

I read somewhere that glancing blows on this server is bugged though meaning weapon skill is shit.

I read somewhere that glancing blows on this server is bugged though meaning weapon skill is shit.

This was a world zone only bug that has been addressed already. Seems when some hot fixes were being made it took the way weapon skill works in battlegrounds and applied it to world. Instances were never affected.

Weapon skill is relevant.

It's a double edge sword in the fact that your white hits burn through faster, but those white hits being more often can proc it more as well due to being more hits in general, or would it not?

Your attacks are delayed by 44.4% more using CTS of Viskag in MH compared to a 1.8 speed Perditions.

So while your white hits burn the buff faster, wouldn't they have a change to reapply the buff as well more than a slower weapon?

The increased amount of reapplications will precisely cancel out the amount of times that the buff is burnt. So the only relevant part is the amount of yellow hits compared to white swings. Spamming hamstring for example with a 2h will give you insane uptime, making it advisable for alliance players with slow weapons to spam hamstring, since this also happens to increase crusader uptime to ridiculous levels through a similar interaction.

Top Bottom