• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will there be a realm without forced pvp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nost numbers are trustworthy, I've done my own censuses before Kronos even launched and the whole idea of faked numbers started to spread by the hand of fanboys and haters. Results were basically matching. There's absolutely no element to support your claim, on the other hand compare Ironforge Commons on Kronos and Nost during peak time. Swearing that black is white is pointless.

Your WARcraft copypasta has been all over the place, I believe I read that in at least 5-6 distinct posts of yours, your thought about PvEers is clear... it can basically be summed up in "I like a PvP realm. You don't. Kronos is PvP so deal with it".

U don't have to come on every thread and seek me out to try and argue with me, srsly it's getting old.

I started to participate in this thread before yourself did, and again you're trying to make it something personal. Boring indeed.

The rest of what you're saying is pure speculation and repeating your dead horse idea with different words.

Then either you didn't pay attention or you skipped it altogether. I basically said that if their PvE realm will show the same turnout it had during tests (1.7k players), that'd be more PvEers than Kronos current peak of 1.1k despite PvP tagged. How can you call that a dead horse, honestly, is beyond me. You could say that it's soon to tell, that we need to wait and see how it will actually come along, and I'd agree on that. But jumping to conclusions and dismissing things before they're even tested, it's very risky.

population is not an indicator of a realm's long term longevity.

It's not an indicator, it's THE indicator. I played on ED when it was fresh and peaking at 400 players per faction, seen it grow to 2.3k online peak, watched it drop to its current state where less than 100 players are ever on (dead). Are those servers you mentioned 1x vanilla with no custom rates nor p2w features? Do they cater to the same players? In a competitive environment like the vanilla scene is, population makes the difference. Nost can afford losing 500 players per faction to its upcoming realm, take that number from Kronos and you'd get very close to kill it, hence why we can't open a new realm, can't counter their move and can't contain the wave of Kronos PvEers that are going to try it out.

Nost IS shitty :) for many reasons, i even made a post about it that went into detail and there's an even more in depth post on the forums somewhere too.

It's not "somewhere", it's a sticky topic :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Infernoplex - 100% agree :)

@ Aurigon - man PLEASE find yourself another activity, than quoting me on the forums and make endless walls of text over-analyzing every little sentece... why don't u just whisper me ingame if u wanna talk to me? This is truly boring. Atleast there u can instantly reply, instead of this whole waiting and quoting things here.

*When did i say that Nost doesn't have more ppl online during peak in IF? Never...lol. There is info out there to suggest lieng + even if faking online numbers is not that easy, lieng about how many ppl were online during a test is way easier. Tbh it doesn't matter to me how many clowns play on Nost, ofc it's way more then here. I'm not saying the faking is smth huge where they add 50% or smth, more like 15%. Even other realms' devs have admitted that the software shows more ppl on then there actually are. (just saying)

*Yeah but that line was not in my previous post so dunno why u brought it up.

*I ain't making it personal mate, you are. What does participating in it sooner have to do with it? My first post was only to the OP anyway :)

*Call what a dead horse? The mixed realm idea IS a dead horse. What is risky? I think you're over thinking it tbh.

*No, population is NOT the indicator and i think my example was sufficient.
*Yes they're x1 rates and there's no pay to win and you're overthinking it...Kronos isn't gonna loose bloody 500 players man, besides it's not like the ppl on Kronos who are online are the same people all the time. Just cos there's 1,1 k ppl online doesn't mean there's 1,1k individual people playing here lol, there's thousands of them, if not a 5 digit number.

*Sticky or not, it's "somewhere".

Your posting isn't much different than mine, I bother myself quoting to show which parts I'm replying to, it makes it easier for anyone who's reading the conversation, yourself included. Take quotes off my posts and you'll see they aren't more of a wall of text than yours.

When did i say that Nost doesn't have more ppl online during peak in IF? Never...lol.

Yeah, and where did I say that you ever said that? We can go on like this forever. What I was trying to make you understand, is that when you actually compare the most crowded places from both realms at the same time, you get to know why there's no real need to imagine them faking numbers.

that line was not in my previous post so dunno why u brought it up.

That's what happens when quotes lack, you lose the thread of a conversation. I was commenting on how you would tend to reply to people who have different opinions than yours.

I ain't making it personal mate, you are. What does participating in it sooner have to do with it?

Dude, I'm simply replying and staying on topic, and you say "u don't have to come on every thread and seek me out to try and argue with me". That's making it personal. Just answer my points if you wish and don't play the victim... no-one is chasing you up :wink:

Call what a dead horse? The mixed realm idea IS a dead horse.

It isn't until Chero says it is.

What is risky? I think you're over thinking it tbh.

Jumping to conclusions like you do is risky. I'll say that again, if Nost PvE realm lives up to their expectations and confirms the turnout its test showed, there's gonna be more PvEers on Nost's new realm than PvPers on Kronos, so good luck trying to call the attempt to cater to them "beating a dead horse".

*No, population is NOT the indicator and i think my example was sufficient.
*Yes they're x1 rates and there's no pay to win

Your example is out of place, I'm talking about the vanilla scene, where servers that don't have strong numbers succumb to the competition sooner or later or die as soon as endgame is the only content that's played, with the rest of the game world turning to a wasteland. I don't know those servers you mentioned, but I'm assuming they're not vanilla. Vanilla is about leveling, exploring the world and getting to endgame content. Long as there's people in lower level zones, groups are formed and every bracket has enough people to it, that realm is healthy and likely to last. So the higher the population - and the more people leveling - the more long-lived its realm. It's rather self-explanatory, really. When leveling players decrease, endgame eventually extinguishes too, because dwindling numbers of levelers trigger a chain reaction that ultimately affects top level players. I've seen it happen on ED, even Kronos previous version was unsuccessful because of that, so yeah, speaking of vanilla WoW, population is the best indicator of a realm's longevity... if not the only one.

Kronos isn't gonna loose bloody 500 players man, besides it's not like the ppl on Kronos who are online are the same people all the time.

You missed the point. I was talking about how population alters a realm's perspectives in respect to its longevity. Nost can afford itself losing 500 players, Kronos can't. I didn't say it will come to pass, it was an example. Numbers do matter, they determine a server's possibilities or limit them (or makes them impossible to even be considered, like a PvE realm for Kronos).

Sticky or not, it's "somewhere".

Yeah yeah, I can see where that's coming from lol :biggrin:

@ Aurigon
1)I don't have walls of text, i try to keep it as short as possible + i use either numbers or * marks to separate points.
2)You hinted at it with your text about IF, read it.
3)Having whatever number of players doesn't mean that they don't want to fake it to look like there's even more, sometimes it's the software itself that generates a bigger number than it is in reality.
4)Still had nothing to do with that post, so it's irrelevant + it's got nothing to do with having a different opinion.
5)Victim? U think i consider myself a victim? No i find it just amusing, that someone who "honestly seems like they have nothing to do ingame" comes on the forums and starts arguing specifically with me. All cos i didn't agree with ur dead horse idea on another post :D... I bet whatever topic i make from now on, u will come to it and disagree, just COS.
6)Gurky alrdy said that there are no plans for a pve realm and noone has ever mentioned anything about that "dead horse" idea. Noone even cared about it, just a couple of ppl in 1 post. U might aswell say that "making it so that everyone has 1000 gold upon char creation isn't a dead horse, until chero has said it"...
7)You're the one jumping to conclusions like "omfg nost releases a new realm and that MUST mean that we're gonna loose an arbitrary amount (let's say 500) ppl... it MUST! lol
Besides here is Zindai's very well said words about why once again, ur "catering to whoever idea is a dead horse"
Zindai's quote -->
"If the team would decide to go with mixed flags, outside players who want to skip open world PvP will have to choose between "blizzlike PvE realm on a server with very high population" and "partially blizzlike PvP/PvE solution on a server with medium population". The same goes for potential PvP players. It's not that it couldn't work if done well, but even then, we would have the issue of successfully promoting it."
8)The rest of the world turning to a wasteland? There's loads of ppl lvling at all times/it IS healthy and will last, i've never had any probs finding a group for the dungs that i wanted to do during lvling/seriously stop worrying so much, ED ED ED...ED is not Kronos/times change and every situation is different/Kronos' previous fail had nothing to do with that, if u release a realm for only your country, then it's pretty obvious u ain't gonna be able to play well with 10 ppl...we have more then 10 ppl now don't we + population doesn't show anything about the quality of the realm or the community of the realm and isn't the only indicator of it's longevity, for there are realms with 2 times less pop then Kronos that have been going for ages and there are realms that had huge pops and 1 event was all it took, for them to dump those (usually shitty realms, cos most highly populated realms usually are shitty like molten for an example) realms and move on to smth better.
9)Well you're 500 is totally arbitrary and just a speculation man, do you not realize that? Hence it's utterly meaningless to even comment on this tbh.
10)Dunno what u mean.

Last edited:
1)I don't have walls of text, i try to keep it as short as possible + i use either numbers or * marks to separate points.

Not using quotes like you never do only makes it harder for the one you're talking to to follow the discussion, forcing him to go back and see what you must be answering to. It's a form of courtesy I show to you and that you don't even appreciate.

2)You hinted at it with your text about IF, read it.
3)Having whatever number of players doesn't mean that they don't want to fake it to look like there's even more, sometimes it's the software itself that generates a bigger number than it is in reality.

Again, you didn't understand. I'll make one last attempt. If I log onto Nost, go to Ironforge and notice there's barely anyone around, then do a /who and find 10.000 players, I conclude numbers are being faked. On the other hand, if I see people everywhere, and so many of them that my fps drops, I have no reason to distrust those numbers. Also, I did use my own Census+ addon months ago, before haters started to rant about fake numbers and all that crap, and numbers were matching. I don't trust hearsay, I never listen to fanboys. I only believe what I can witness with my eyes.

Still had nothing to do with that post, so it's irrelevant + it's got nothing to do with having a different opinion.

It did have to do with that post, it was actually related to pretty much every post of yours where you deal with different opinions.

Victim? U think i consider myself a victim? No i find it just amusing, that someone who "honestly seems like they have nothing to do ingame" comes on the forums and starts arguing specifically with me. All cos i didn't agree with ur dead horse idea on another post :D... I bet whatever topic i make from now on, u will come to it and disagree, just COS.

You know what, calling you egocentric seemed a bit harsh. However I'm uncertain as to whether that could actually be the case at this poin, so allow me this reality check for you. I joined in the discussion here before you did, so I obviously wasn't after you. Nowhere in the first two pages of the thread I replied to you once, let alone did I come at you. In fact, you started it over again on page 3 when you would say

@ Aurigon - u still beating the dead horse idea :D

Now, that being said... long as I stay on topic, please try to do the same and spare me your ad personam/persecution complex/whatever you wanna call it.

Gurky alrdy said that there are no plans for a pve realm and noone has ever mentioned anything about that "dead horse" idea. Noone even cared about it, just a couple of ppl in 1 post.

I never suggested to open a new realm, so it's pointless that you repeat yourself over that Gurky confirmed there's no plan about it. My suggestion was/is different, and has received no official feedback yet. People didn't show their approval in crowds? Well it wasn't overwhelmed with disapproval either, so indifference can be looked at from opposite perspectives. Every novelty meets with a chorus of protests, yet if none had ever challenged the unknown to test their beliefs and face some risk, we would still live in the Middle Ages. Call it the human spirit, if you wish.

U might aswell say that "making it so that everyone has 1000 gold upon char creation isn't a dead horse, until chero has said it"...

What a great counter-argument.
19.gif
It's no surprise you always end up getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

You're the one jumping to conclusions like "omfg nost releases a new realm and that MUST mean that we're gonna loose an arbitrary amount (let's say 500) ppl... it MUST! lol

I haven't made any prediction bud (now I see why you never quote my posts, this way it's much easier for you to distort them). I simply pointed out that IF Nost PvE realm will keep the numbers shown during its test, i.e. 1700 online players, that'd be more PvEers we did nothing to cater to than Kronos current population.

Besides here is Zindai's very well said words about why once again, ur "catering to whoever idea is a dead horse"
Zindai's quote -->
"If the team would decide to go with mixed flags, outside players who want to skip open world PvP will have to choose between "blizzlike PvE realm on a server with very high population" and "partially blizzlike PvP/PvE solution on a server with medium population". The same goes for potential PvP players. It's not that it couldn't work if done well, but even then, we would have the issue of successfully promoting it.

True, Zindai raised a few valid points and showed some insight at least, proving he seriously pondered on an idea you are only capable to lol at and dismiss altogether. And I'll say again what my reply was to him, that the feature shouldn't be promoted, it would do its job in a discreet fashion, and only after a few months we could tell whether the idea was successful. Bottom line is, I'm sorry to hear people complain that they "had to look for days before getting a Uldaman/ST group going, a real shame because this realm deserves much more than its current population (yeah, I was questioned about this by two totally unrelated players in the last couple days, believe it or not). Kronos-census indicates that our population - while close to the low end of a medium pop retail realm - is stagnating, new players only make up for quitting ones, so in my opinion it's the best time to go for a slightly more aggressive strategy.

The rest of the world turning to a wasteland? There's loads of ppl lvling at all times/it IS healthy and will last

You must be reading every other line when you go through my posts for you to give so totally desultory replies. I wasn't talking about Kronos current status, I was explaining why and how population shifts affect the way a realm evolves, because I've experienced it firsthand. I'm not spewing hearsay and random numbers. I've seen how population fluctuates when a realm is developing, how it is when it stagnates, and what happens when it starts sinking. I've seen it all, basically, hence I do know what I'm talking about, both from a guild- and a realm-wide perspective. I was the caretaker of the census thread on Feenix, I founded and maintained its largest guild for nearly the whole of its life span and it still was me who asked one of my guildies, Dotmatrix, to set up kronos-census back when I decided to move my guild here. I just care for the realm's playerbase and I try all I can to make it increase, sure enough giving suggestions is all I can do from where I'm at. But it should be clear by now, PvP or PvE is a relatively minor thing to me compared to what it's all about, that is players playing a game. Free PvP isn't that much of a resource to a realm as actual players themselves, it doesn't even get close to.

ED is not Kronos/times change and every situation is different/Kronos' previous fail had nothing to do with that, if u release a realm for only your country, then it's pretty obvious u ain't gonna be able to play well with 10 ppl...we have more then 10 ppl now don't we + population doesn't show anything about the quality of the realm or the community of the realm and isn't the only indicator of it's longevity

I'm not talking philosophy, ED was both the most blizzlike and the highest pop realm for 3 years. Now there's two realms where there used to be one, one is best scripted (Kronos) while the other has the highest population (Nost). Many people (maybe even most of people here) come from ED, or at least former ED players likely make up the largest share of our current population. It was a 1.12.1 realm with only 1x rates, so stating ED and Kronos have little in common is, well... rough and shallow. Population is the only reliable indicator of a realm's longevity and health, because this is a MMO game and population is the only thing that can kill it or make it succeed. I mean, it's self explanatory jeez
icon_dho.gif

Well you're 500 is totally arbitrary and just a speculation man, do you not realize that? Hence it's utterly meaningless to even comment on this tbh.

Do you even read what I write? :blink: 500 is but a sample I used to show you how numbers affect a realm and its potential, they're not an end in themselves. They determine possibilities and improvements, 500 people mean nothing on Nost but it's half peak population here, which is why I would instantly burn with fire the possibility to engage #% less people in PvP (put here any percentage of PvEers on global pop you think we might gain with my suggestion) if that meant we could gain even just the 30% of those who showed up on Nost PvE tests.

An horde troll shadow priest started hitting me with staff in arathi! I am so offended

@Aurigon - u just really like to argue and have nothing to do ingame ey? I already told you "If you want to argue with me, WHISPER ME INGAME". It's pointless to write these ridiculously massive walls of text here into other ppl's topics.
You're just butthurt cos i didn't agree with u ( i was the most vocal of the ppl who didn't agree and made the longest posts so u had to argue with me specifically) on the hybrid realm topic and now u keep making personal ad hominems here and REWRITING the same reasonings u have before with little twists in order to keep this going.
I mean ffs you're even moaning about me not using quotes... What has that got to do with this topic lol?
As soon as i counter you on something, you start claiming how that's not what you meant etc and how i got it wrong... i mean FFS if you write a number like 500 (noticed that when i scrolled over ur post) then you MEANT 500, don't start trying to make it look like i misunderstood anything. Either you're horrible at getting your point across or you're just changing your story (more likely) all the time, in order to dodge counters.
So once again i must admit, that i did not read your post at all (past the first line about quotes), because from earlier experience i already know that you just write the same stuff (with little modifications).
All points have already been made and your points are either pointless or noone wants this idea + your personal assaults are meaningless. You can't argue objectively and start using some offtopic shit :)

Now read this "If you want to argue with me, whisper me ingame" I'm not interested in polluting the forums with these pointless longass wall of text which never seem to get through to ya :D

@Zargoth - Indeed this thread should be closed.

Last edited:
Wall of text
Another wall text
Do you two have alarms beeping everytime there is post from the other? This isn't the first thread that has changed into your private fight, and I think it is just time to stop it.

I agree with Zargoth, the original question was already answered. Lock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom