• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Aoe Tank rotation

Why do you have tac mastery more than 2 points? Mocking blow only costs 10 rage, and even if you white hit in bstance you won't generate more than 10 rage generally before you swap back. Are you swapping to zerker stance to zerker rage on cooldown? I generally only do it at the beginning of a fight.

I put the extra point into Tact mastery because the other options are 1/3 imp HS (which we can rarely do), 1/2 imp shield bash (bosses and most raid mobs are immune to silence) or 1/3 imp revenge which - same as silence - not effective outside of some 20 man trash and 5 mans which are cake.

While you only need 10 rage for mocking blow, i stance and have 15 rage, i can mocking blow and swap back before a white hit (not having to wait for it and take more damage and white hit giving less threat due to stance). Swapping back to def I then have 5 rage still for revenge.

I typically try to use a shield block prior to a stance dance to avoid being crushed during the stance dance, so revenge will almost ALWAYS be ready when I dance back to defensive.

Also while running 5 mans, with 25 rage, I'll pop shield block to put me at 15, stance-dance to Zerk stance (time it to where a white hit lands right after the stance) and can bust off a WW, zerk-rage then stance back to defensive, then revenge.

It gives a bigger window for stance dancing w/o losing any rage which we know while tanking is hard to come by.

Certain fights that have fear mechanic, and only have 1 Fear ward or even none (WTF human priest) you can't manage your rage as well for timing the incoming fear and may have to stance with 20+ rage to avoid a fear and boss turning / mob running lose, I'd like to keep as much rage as possible to get a bit more burst threat when moving back to defensive stance.

Hope that answers your question.

Top Bottom