• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos' Compendium of Dragonslaying

This information needs to be spread to the right locations so people actually know the xp event is going on. Otherwise, i think this could be pretty big :smile:

Sadly, this is the final straw. Little to no consideration is being given to the players who came here to play what they thought would be a Blizzlike vanilla server only to be disappointed repeatedly.

Good luck with you aspirations but I think you may find that you lose many more than you gain.

This is completely contrary to what this server is supposed to deliver -- a classic, blizz like vanilla experience.

What this will look like is a huge influx of new players for a brief period of time followed by a massive exodus and finally an empty server lacking the players who wanted what Kronos was initially supposed to be.

Devs, please reconsider. I understand the want to garner more interest in the server, but do something like 2x xp for a week. 7x is game ruining.

Interesting but maybe not at the greatest of times, perhaps after the N's AQ release would have been better(when 5k players will be "forced" into same zone) and that is why I kinda hope we get AQ after them, just for that scenario.

And the Chinese overlords only recently have starting getting the peak hours over there, give English speakers some more "diversity time" to see those empty texts in BGs or say/trade/whipers.

But getting new blood before gate event is also good enough, because AQ will bleed some of the population.(I was in 2 guilds that half if not more dropped the game after disbanding because they couldn't do Nef, it a cycle that will always be around)

Overall I'd hoped it would be x2-3 rate and increased war effort rewards for lowbies but hey, you guys have obviously thought of multiple scenarios already and choose this.

Last edited:
The haters will see that people will come over. I dont see the problem with this... I could've bought the critic if it was Perma, But it aint. The response on reddit is huge, i mean you can really see on reddit that it has reached out to people, i mean noone is writing about how fucking good the trailer is.

I mean the biggest reasons why they are doing this is cus they wanna reach out to the people on NoS that feels that they wanna reroll,but,cba to lvl.I mean if it was me leveling i would lvl slowly to 40 and then increase xprate :D

For the staff, i really hope you will be more active then ever when this event will happen :)

For the guys that dont know the page on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/43k2kn/kronos_1121_the_time_is_now/

Last edited:
[Ignore ElGringoBonito and report him if you feel it is needed]

What about sending a message using the account emails for players that haven't played in the last couple months? Just like Blizzard does when new content is incoming?

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/103844-ermspykaz-Other
ElGringoBonito is Secession on horde side. It's funny how someone who claims to care about the way the community will suffer from this, is the first to not give a fuck about the community once hes inside the game, to the point he gets his own ass reported for treating the world chat like a party channel every damn second he's online.

You're full of shit. This post suits the purpose of letting the alliance know where to find you if this conversation should continue. Shut your mouth.

As an exping player I have only one problem ... today I was about to log in and then I was like "wait, why would I do that? Why would I invest many many hours in next two weeks or so to get from 41 to 60 when I can just wait for the boost". Im on this weird crossroad where I dont wanna feel dumb for doing something 7 times slower than I could if I wait a bit ... but on the other said I wanna play.

And there is another argument ... I´ve been playing WoW for many many years and I know that exping isnt just this "problem" you wanna solve asap so you can enjoy the end game. Often you find out that exping was actually pretty good because you always had something to do while now on max lvl its sometimes more about waiting for something. For me the ability to enjoy almost every single quest, do them all, enjoy them all and level during this is very important and to some degree unique on Kronos because it wasnt like that never before on any free.

So yes, I could just go, give 0 fks about some boost and enjoy my time. But for me time is the most valuable currency and I feel like continuing playing right now would be huge waste of time and satisfaction for making it to the 60 before the boost would be completely washed away because suddenly, having lvl 60 char wont mean anything because "anyone would be able to do it" ... not much dedication, not much time needed ... Im really confused about this .... at first I was happy ... now Im actually considering quitting because what is the point anyway when about half of the content will be made non significant.

And I already feel kinnda stupid for investing time to get to 41 now :-/ ... and it a bit feels like we are trying to get into somebody´s ass so they would be so kind and come to us... I really wonder if doing like 2x would not be better. At the end of the day Kronos needs only to be seen, doesnt need to become fun server so people recognize it. Big chunk of the devs work will not be appreciated and I would say (again from own experience) that easily exped char isnt char that you appreciate and think about that much really ... if you dont like anything, you will be like "yeah well, lets leave, I didnt invest in this char much anyway, I dont care".

All Im trying to say is that we all came back to Vanilla because it was harder, more challenging, more demanding and that´s exactly the feel and vibe we are looking for. All in all, degrading it makes me loose some respect to the server itself, no matter if I want it or not, because it breaks big part of the immersion and makes the atmosphere kinnda awkward. Not gonna lie Im kinnda nervous about this, but Im hoping it will all go well nad Kronos will walk away healthy again, only with more people...still not sure if with me too...

Last edited:
I have been pretty inactive for the last couple of months and prior to that I was mainly raid logging. But this patch for me is like a water for a dying man of thirst. This and the fact the my fellow <Bohemia> guild has finally killed their first couple of bosses in BWL.

I don't really understand all the haters, mostly BiS geared lvl 60 chars complaining about how this is game ruining. I can't comprehend how the XP rates change the game other than by bringing more people or leveling alts (yeah, warlock alts too unfortunately). It's not like there are gonna be thousands of gold pouring over everyone, there is still plenty of work ahead of the people leveling in order to get decent gear, proffs and gold by the time they hit lvl 60. Yes it is not blizzlike, but let's be honest, it never will be. You just cannot expect the devs to keep everything blizzlike. As you cannot expect the same content release pace, because we know so much more about the game than we did 10 years ago. We don't need months to progress newly released content - it's actually quite the opposite, in terms of needing only couple of hours to get first kills after release for most of the guilds. So yeah, Kronos skipped several patches, released some content earlier, so people won't get bored after 2 weeks with their preraid BiS gathered and nothing to do except some PVP. I am pretty sure that the devs has put hours of thoughts into this. It must have been a superhard decision for them to make, but they have tried everything and it has, unfortunately, come to this. Yes, it would have been great if there were 2k+,3k+ players daily without this, but that just is not what was happening and nothing suggested that it would be so in the near future. So either let the server die or make some changes. Maybe it will do more harm than good (I doubt that), but after dedicating so much of their effort into this already, they had to at least try. So please stop being so selfish and crying about how it's not blizzlike, and think about the greater good for a second instead of being a crybaby about, how others will have their characters leveled up much faster than you did.

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is the issue with warlock summoning alts, because the changes lately made it pretty clear, that the devs don't like the amounts of them, but this encourages people to level them up to level 45 in a blink of an eye. I am looking forward to a comment from the devs regarding this.

"As an exping player I have only one problem ... today I was about to log in and then I was like "wait, why would I do that? Why would I invest many many hours in next two weeks or so to get from 41 to 60 when I can just wait for the boost"

And in the next passage you say:

"Often you find out that exping was actually pretty good because you always had something to do while now on max lvl its sometimes more about waiting for something. For me the ability to enjoy almost every single quest, do them all, enjoy them all and level during this is very important"

Witt my man :) i understand what ur saying, but look

The players kronos are trying to reach with this thing are people who already did the x1 Experience grind to level 60. Is it impossible for them to do that again? Ofcourse not. But i don't lose sleep over this. And i am also in the process of levelling an alt, which is 59 atm. Do i feel cheated? Not at all. I enjoyed the slow speed. But if the roles was reversed and i had to leave my kronos chars behind, like i left my old chars behind when Kronos came out, to level with x1 XP on another server AGAIN, i don't think i would do it. You can only do these re-starts so many times.

And i do think the majority of those who join the server with the speed are going to keep playing here, because im sure a lot of them look at it as continueing their old character. They are already invested in their level 60 char, now they just have to close their eyes for a few weeks and they can continue that journey :)

If I forget the fact I am a terrible pvp player and mage mirrors are the worst for me and you rekt me everytime in BG Ayz, you seem like a pretty decent guy :D

Yeah I am one of those, that rerolled to that other server after a few months of raiding because of population issiues. But my golly this is great news! I am considering either rerolling here again (after literally dinging 60 on the other server), or continiue playing on my 60 here.
I know it won't happen, but I would love a way to "copy" your character from that other server, to this one! Cause god damn, I miss Kronos!

Good move by the Kronos' staff in my opinion, hopefully you can take a portion of our population before AQ releases, overall if this is successful it will result in a better environment and server stability for both Nos and Kronos. So I can't complain. :)

This is completely contrary to what this server is supposed to deliver -- a classic, blizz like vanilla experience.

What this will look like is a huge influx of new players for a brief period of time followed by a massive exodus and finally an empty server lacking the players who wanted what Kronos was initially supposed to be.

Devs, please reconsider. I understand the want to garner more interest in the server, but do something like 2x xp for a week. 7x is game ruining.

All your naysayers have one thing in common, you never explain WHY this is a game ruining development. Could you please do so? In an elaborate way please, with arguments.

Some facts so far are:

1. Kronos has a very good quality script and server.
2. Kronos population has been in slow decline since summer 2015. For some reason the quality alone was not enough to maintain a steady grow in 2015.
3. Several other servers have been shut down lately or suffer from overpopulation.
4. Many people from those servers have indicated they are interested in changing, however the idea of months of leveling (yes months, the average player takes months and 10-15 days played. At 20 hours play / week that is 12-18 weeks) is often a barrier too big to pass for those players who already did that on another server.
5. This temporary boost is a great incentive to bypass this barrier.
6. Many Kronos players who like the x1 journey from 1 - 60 would like to play an alt, but don't have the time (yet) for a SECOND lvl 60 grind. Or players who love to experience all the leveling quests and dungeons but are satisfied after one go don't care for a 2nd helping. They can now grab the chance to quickly make that tank or healer alt to help the community.

If this is promoted successfully over the next few weeks and draws in a few hundred active players it will be a great boost for the server. And it only lasts until march, it's not like the server will be forever on these fast rates. In 6 months it will be a thing of the past and it's only effect will (hopefully) be a significant increase in the server population.

This information needs to be spread to the right locations so people actually know the xp event is going on. Otherwise, i think this could be pretty big :smile:
[video=youtube;-RZQ3MRdkjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RZQ3MRdkjU[/video]

Leave [CR]Sauron[/CR] that* to me. Joke aside, great news I will really spread this to alot of peenix friends and foes, Also this announcement will make me come back to Kronos playing again to level new characters since I didnt have time for 1x xp.

And 1+ to Muneca I really agree with you.

Looking forward to this! :)

Last edited:
As an exping player I have only one problem ... today I was about to log in and then I was like "wait, why would I do that?
Hopefully because you play this game for enjoyment. It's entertainment. If it feels like a chore to you, maybe you want to find another hobby.

Why would I invest many many hours in next two weeks or so to get from 41 to 60 when I can just wait for the boost". Im on this weird crossroad where I dont wanna feel dumb for doing something 7 times slower than I could if I wait a bit ... but on the other said I wanna play.

Because lvl 40-50 has many great zones and dungeons, go Tanaris, go Zul Farrak, Go Maraudon! the scripts are great.

And there is another argument ... I´ve been playing WoW for many many years and I know that exping isnt just this "problem" you wanna solve asap so you can enjoy the end game. Often you find out that exping was actually pretty good because you always had something to do while now on max lvl its sometimes more about waiting for something. For me the ability to enjoy almost every single quest, do them all, enjoy them all and level during this is very important and to some degree unique on Kronos because it wasnt like that never before on any free.

The x7 xp boost is not because 'exping' as you call it is not fun.. It's to draw players from other projects who just DID all this leveling shortly ago (and maybe enjoyed it a lot) but don;t like the idea of doing that part of the game again only to change to a better server.

So yes, I could just go, give 0 fks about some boost and enjoy my time. But for me time is the most valuable currency and I feel like continuing playing right now would be huge waste of time and satisfaction for making it to the 60 before the boost would be completely washed away because suddenly, having lvl 60 char wont mean anything because "anyone would be able to do it" ... not much dedication, not much time needed ... Im really confused about this .... at first I was happy ... now Im actually considering quitting because what is the point anyway when about half of the content will be made non significant.

Do you play WoW for fun or to boost your ego?

And half of the content non significant is nonsense.

Remember, it's only a few weeks......

All your naysayers have one thing in common, you never explain WHY this is a game ruining development. Could you please do so? In an elaborate way please, with arguments.
Several reasons :

- It's maybe repeated so often it sounds like a mantra devoid of meaning, but "blizzlike" is the first. It's the entire reason to make private servers for past expansions in the first place, experiencing the game like it was at the time, and leveling was especially important back then. Psychologically, it's basically soiling the server and removing it's claim of being a true Vanilla one.

- To build on the previous point, leveling is a large amount of game to play. Short-circuiting it just reduces the lifetime of the game - it's a lot of the problems that retail faces, having accelerated the game so much the entire content can be devoured in a very short time, which just ends up with people leaving until next content.

- The game was balanced and designed with a set leveling speed in mind. Altering it in such huge proportions obviously changes the whole dynamic.

- I think it's a given, if we play a Vanilla server, that we don't like what the game has become on retail. And it has become what it is now precisely by surrendering bits by bits its original design philosophy of "earn your reward" toward "lets ease it up". This is exactly the kind of compromise which added up to destroy retail.

- x7 is just too big. I think many would have accepted a more moderate boost but are just shocked at the sheer excess of this one.

- It might wreck the leveling experience during this boost : anyone not using it will be left completely in the dust. A mess to do an instance (with some people gaining one to three levels while others only gain half of one) if a group as such mismatch.

- The whole point of this "earn your reward" design is that everyone has to go through the same journey and whatever the character, what he has is what he gained. People being able to go through x7 speed (which is, again, a vastly excessive boost) can be just felt as cheating. It destroys this feeling of everyone having won its rewards. The "it's optional !" counter completely misses this very point.

- To continue from the previous point : it might create a rift between some players. Those who "did it as it should be" and those who "took the shortcut". I don't think it makes for a healthier community.

- There is justifiable doubts that (on the whole) the people who will be attracted by such measures are the ones who will end up actually stick to the server and not just flip-flop or ask for more handouts.

- It subscribes to the notion that leveling is just a chore to deal with, while leveling is supposed to also BE the game. Your own words :
Hopefully because you play this game for enjoyment. It's entertainment. If it feels like a chore to you, maybe you want to find another hobby.
I agree with that, but do you realize it's exactly the counter to apply to increased XP rates ?

I know many people won't agree with these arguments (just like I don't agree with many of theirs), but you asked for elaboration, and here it is ^^

Last edited:
Several reasons :

- It's maybe repeated so often it sounds like a mantra devoid of meaning, but "blizzlike" is the first. It's the entire reason to make private servers for past expansions in the first place, experiencing the game like it was at the time, and leveling was especially important back then. Psychologically, it's basically soiling the server and removing it's claim of being a true Vanilla one.

I am afraid this indeed is a mantra, maybe not entirely devoid of meaning, but quite empty nonetheless. Private servers can't be 100% blizzlike, as we live in 2016 and not 2004. The players have changed, the game has changed. We cannot time travel, we can only try to find an experience in gaming here that resembles the experience we had back then. To do that many changes big or small already have been made. Kronos has a philosophy to keep these changes to a minimum, but it doesn't mean they have never changed anything. These are not divine laws written in stone tablets, these are guidelines and they can be adjusted if god reasons arise. The current situation is an example of a good reason.

- To build on the previous point, leveling is a large amount of game to play. Short-circuiting it just reduces the lifetime of the game - it's a lot of the problems that retail faces, having accelerated the game so much the entire content can be devoured in a very short time, which just ends up with people leaving until next content.

I agree with this, but you seem to miss the point of this temporary speed boost. It's only here to attract a specific target audience: Those who already experienced the slow leveling process and invested their time on another project. Those people ALSO want 1x rates!!! this is an important point. They want x1 and 'blizzlike' server or they would NEVER have rolled on any of those other x1 servers in the first place! It's just that doing this 2 times in a row in short order is not attractive to many people so this is a 'hack' to give them a 'copy' of their character without actually giving them a real copy.

Surely, this opportunity might attract another group of players who just want speed levels, you can call that an extra bonus (more population) or collateral damage (undesirable kind of players) depending on your viewpoint.

- The game was balanced and designed with a set leveling speed in mind. Altering it in such huge proportions obviously changes the whole dynamic.

If it would be a permanent change, yes. Now, with 6 weeks.. No. On the long term this boost will only be a small ripple

- I think it's a given, if we play a Vanilla server, that we don't like what the game has become on retail. And it has become what it is now precisely by surrendering bits by bits its original design philosophy of "earn your reward" toward "lets ease it up". This is exactly the kind of compromise which added up to destroy retail.

A x7 leveler will have plenty of work cut out for them to earn their rewards. gear, gold, professions, reputation none of this gets boosted afaik... The only change is that they will level up faster. None of the game mechanics change and the changes in retail are not the XP speed... The changes in retail we despise as vanilla players is that everything is too easy!

Here on Kronos, nothing gets easier if you rush through the levels. The elites still hit as hard as ever. The dungeons still wipe you if you don;t know what to do. If anything, these speed levelers will have to work harder because they will lack the gear and gold that is expected at their level.

Your ' Woe on us, we become retail' argument is invalid

- x7 is just too big. I think many would have accepted a more moderate boost but are just shocked at the sheer excess of this one.

no, it has to be a big boost to reach the target audience, as I and others have explained already. people who want to 'copy' their old x1 character without actually giving them a copy. That's why it's a high boost, for a few weeks, 'one time only opportunity.' The Kronos team does this specifically in reaction to the developments in the private server scene (feenix, nos etc)

- It might wreck the leveling experience during this boost : anyone not using it will be left completely in the dust. A mess to do an instance (with some people gaining one to three levels while others only gain half of one) if a group as such mismatch.

I don;t see any problems in an instance, but it can indeed cause problems if two friends want to lvl up together. they will have to decide on an xp rate together or grow apart in levels. I don;t think this will cause much of a problem in practice.

- The whole point of this "earn your reward" design is that everyone has to go through the same journey and whatever the character, what he has is what he gained. People being able to go through x7 speed (which is, again, a vastly excessive boost) can be just felt as cheating. It destroys this feeling of everyone having won its rewards. The "it's optional !" counter completely misses this very point.

Ok it's april 2016. You are doing a pug UBRS run. I join. (lvled up x1 from november 2015 till feb 2016) Some new guy from Nost joins (lvled up x7 in two weeks in march 2016) How exactly does our different history affects you?

The only valid argument I see is that these boosted people will be unknown factors in the community because we haven't played much with them. They will have to put work into their reputation on the server.

- To continue from the previous point : it might create a rift between some players. Those who "did it as it should be" and those who "took the shortcut". I don't think it makes for a healthier community.

petty argument

- There is justifiable doubts that (on the whole) the people who will be attracted by such measures are the ones who will end up actually stick to the server and not just flip-flop or ask for more handouts.

- It subscribes to the notion that leveling is just a chore to deal with, while leveling is supposed to also BE the game. Your own words :

again arguments that don't factor in the target audience: x1 vanilla aficionados who need extra incentive to switch to Kronos.

Last edited:
Several reasons :
[...]
I know many people won't agree with these arguments (just like I don't agree with many of theirs), but you asked for elaboration, and here it is ^^

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I'm actually about to start playing on this server after having spent an excess amount of hours on nostalrius. However, reading these news yesterday night made me rethink it all together, sadly. Except that having any other rates than 1x destroys the feeling of the game, the feeling I am trying to recapture by playing here in the first place, this also shows that the Kronos Team is more than possible and willing to implement similar events in the future which may very well go far above the line. Now I believe it already has gone over the line with this and I fear it's likely going to happen again.

I understand you want a better population but please understand that this is not the way you're gonna achieve that. People seem to think the number one road block when starting over on a new server, is the lvling which I believe is false, therefore, increasing the rates isn't going to contribute to anything really. Reasons why people don't play here is because they don't know about the project and don't understand why it's not fun playing on a vanilla server with 10k pop.

Now I'm not saying I know what exaclty needs to be done, but if there's anything I'm confident of it would be: this isn't it. I guess time will tell, but you've at least lost one player here.

Either way, good luck I suppose.

Account since 15.02.2015 -> think about playing here now? All of my what...
You literally had a whole year time to enjoy 1x rates as much as you wanted and didn't.

Now you come here and complain about a few weels of raised rates? wowe

Stop being such negative ego-boosted donkeys.
The decision has been made, now go and create hype and spread the news.
This will help Kronos more then it will hurt Kronos, period.

I've already started my advertisement, on skype and facebook to almost 100 former/current wow players, do the same! ;)

Top Bottom