• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos' Compendium of Dragonslaying

Account since 15.02.2015 -> think about playing here now? All of my what...
You literally had a whole year time to enjoy 1x rates as much as you wanted and didn't.

Now you come here and complain about a few weels of raised rates? wowe

Lol, I have noticed that too and was like WTH?

If a greatly scripted server with a great dev team, no lag and a great community was not enough to draw players here in almost a year, than it is not going to get better by itself. It is like a rolling snowball. It just keeps getting bigger and you have to make drastic changes in order to stop it.

Last edited:
...I don't really understand all the haters, mostly BiS geared lvl 60 chars complaining about how this is game ruining...

I would actually say it seems to be the opposite. From what I read most (bis-geared)60's are welcoming the boost as it will potentially lead to a higher population - while low-levelers (maybe trolls) in world chat seems to be the ones cursing the boost the most.

TLDR

overwhelmingly massively positive response, yt/reddit/world chat, etc. only place with un-even is these forums and majority of people that are aware how good this is aren't actually bothered with posting here. net increase in players will always be in the plus

can't please everyone

sadcunts gonna sadcunt

#LETSFUCKINGGOOO7x

I'll say as I joined here in September I'm excited to roll another alt on the 19th and that I believe this is a great idea. I think x7 is quite high but I hope this is something that is very limited time only.

already sent the message out to many friends, so excited to see what happens.

I would actually say it seems to be the opposite. From what I read most (bis-geared)60's are welcoming the boost as it will potentially lead to a higher population - while low-levelers (maybe trolls) in world chat seems to be the ones cursing the boost the most.

I've experienced yesterday a few 60s trying to justify that this change is bad, they kept implying "Oh, you don't get it why it's bad" or "So many raiders are leaving after they heard this change" while alot of other people came up with legitimate answers on why it would be beneficial.

Seems to me that everyone wants to eat the cake and keep it.

Account since 15.02.2015 -> think about playing here now? All of my what...
You literally had a whole year time to enjoy 1x rates as much as you wanted and didn't.

Now you come here and complain about a few weels of raised rates? wowe

Haha why does it matter when my account was created, my reply has nothing to do with it. Yes, I created this account some time ago back when I was unsure whether I was going to play here or on nostalrius and ended up on nostalrius. Nothing more to it

I've experienced yesterday a few 60s trying to justify that this change is bad, they kept implying "Oh, you don't get it why it's bad" or "So many raiders are leaving after they heard this change" while alot of other people came up with legitimate answers on why it would be beneficial.

There are several reasons why the x7 exp for a month will have legitimate negative consequences, and they were mentioned in World on Horde side several times. Summed up quickly...

1) The server was advertised and launched as a x1 blizzlike WoW offering to capture the original game from 2004-2006. Fans of the server that made the grind to 60 and remained to stay on the server liked the choice they made with what the server was developed for, and see a full month of x7 as a 'bait and switch' to what they were promised.

2) Multiboxing is allowed here, without 3rd party keyclone or automation applications. Competitive guilds (and one in particular) previously abused level 20 warlocks to gain an edge with world boss raid targets, to the point where the lead Admin stepped in and made a non-blizzlike change to the server which generated quite a heated thread. It's on this board a step below - perhaps you missed it. The x7 month will negate this entire situation as multiboxed warlocks from raiding guilds can be taken from 1-45 in a matter of a couple of days at most. Especially with the use of AoE grinding in instances. Automated boxing in instances will go unwitnessed by all. GG.

3) with the above situation, people seeking to generate high level characters to sell, either through the Twinstar auctions or on the black market will do so with ease. Nothing to stop them. x7 is a HUGE value to work with, if you've never experienced it before on a private server.

4) Numerous players (including myself) might take the full amount of time to level alts to 35+ simply for tradeskill reasons such as Alchemy transmutes. Hardcore raiding guilds will do this for obvious reasons, and this will have an impact on the alchemy transmute economy when it's done, and it's going to have a server effect past the time of the "it's just for one month" duration.

5) Lastly, new players attracted to the server that join AFTER the month of x7 is over will be met with a sharply top-heavy leveled player base, and it's incredibly unfortunate that the maturity of many of our players is low. Instead of being happy with these new players, they'll be sought out for PvP griefing as the new players level which will make the new players say "WTF? why so many bored 60's?" - and then they'll find out about the x7 month, and then they'll wonder why the server was offered as Blizzlike and how this server is any different from a certain successful rival server.

Those are just 5 off the top of my head. I AGREE that the server needs new players. I AGREE that this x7 boost will bring them in. I DISAGREE that there will be NO lasting negative effects of the full month long boost. People are failing with common sense if they think there won't be any.

I dont think anyone have claimed there wasnt going to be ANY negative effects from this. Otherwise it wouldn't be a 1 month thing, it would just be permanent.

The reality of it is that it WILL happen. So if you don't like the negative aspects it can bring about, then maybe think for a minute and stop making a fucking list of those aspects. People who want to do the things your talking about can think for themselves and do it. No need for you to remind them about it, and inspire others to follow in the same path.

Jesus christ

I am so happy the Kronos devs have finally decided to give a xp boost for new players this month. To all the people moaning about it put your tampon back in your making a mess!

If it increases the pop by a good amount then please do it again!

The reality of it is that it WILL happen. So if you don't like the negative aspects it can bring about, then maybe think for a minute and stop making a fucking list of those aspects. People who want to do the things your talking about can think for themselves and do it. No need for you to remind them about it, and inspire others to follow in the same path.

Jesus christ
I am so happy the Kronos devs have finally decided to give a xp boost for new players this month. To all the people moaning about it put your tampon back in your making a mess!

If it increases the pop by a good amount then please do it again!
"you have a different opinion, so obviously you're an ***** and you should shut up !"

Well, let me throw your own reasoning back at you : if you don't like dissenting opinions, maybe you should go back to your echo chamber and pat yourselves on the back instead of asking others to only speak if they agree with you.

I dont think anyone have claimed there wasnt going to be ANY negative effects from this. Otherwise it wouldn't be a 1 month thing, it would just be permanent.

Several people in the thread already have. I quoted one of the most recent to use as an example. Reading comprehension, please.

Jesus christ

Unfortunately when multiple posters make claims in ignorance, simply telling them "you are wrong" doesn't work. Hence the list, to jog their brains into thinking on the matter and their claims. It's an unfortunate part of internet life, but there it is. My making a list isn't going to encourage anyone into anything. People who have played on private servers before are well aware of them.

I agree that the positive benefits of the x7 rate will outweigh the negative elements that will result from it. The server needs more people. Intellectually speaking, you're not in a position to tell me how to make up my mind.

Several people in the thread already have. I quoted one of the most recent to use as an example. Reading comprehension, please.

Unfortunately when multiple posters make claims in ignorance, simply telling them "you are wrong" doesn't work. Hence the list, to jog their brains into thinking on the matter and their claims. It's an unfortunate part of internet life, but there it is. My making a list isn't going to encourage anyone into anything. People who have played on private servers before are well aware of them.

I agree that the positive benefits of the x7 rate will outweigh the negative elements that will result from it. The server needs more people. Intellectually speaking, you're not in a position to tell me how to make up my mind.

It's a moot point. Everything you just considered, Chero also did when taking this decision. It wasn't something he decided on a whim. He took the chance and now it's rolling. I'm not saying you're wrong in your thinking, but don't think for a second that you were the only one to acknowledge this. For others, these cons of yours aren't enough to be unhappy with such turn of events.

As a level 60 from one of a top raiding guilds, that is on Kronos from its first incarnation, i can tell that i couldn't care less for xp boost. I played the game I wanted. I experienced the first monts of leveling where there were tons of players for doing Quests, dungs.. whatever.
I leveled an alt few months later in an nearly empty world and it still was fun. Now, new players will come, they will have their 60 lvl characters much cheaper and I can only ask - Why should I care? It's their game experience. Their characters. I have my, leveled the way I wanted. Others doesn't bother me. The only thing I will notice in the long run will be much more items in AH and more frequent BGs.

Edit: For the "leveling is a huge part of game time" argument - It is not. I have leveled for cca 8 days. Now, I have on my main 63 days played. That means that I spended cca 12,5% of my play time by leveling... and it still decreases. 12,5% does not seem to me to be a "huge part".

Last edited:
There are several reasons

Thanks for brining these up, some of these are the first valid objections I have seen. I think it's good to discuss them and research how any negative side effects can be minimized.

As a level 60 from one of a top raiding guilds, that is on Kronos from its first incarnation, i can tell that i couldn't care less for xp boost. I played the game I wanted. I experienced the first monts of leveling where there were tons of players for doing Quests, dungs.. whatever.
I leveled an alt few months later in an nearly empty world and it still was fun. Now, new players will come, they will have their 60 lvl characters much cheaper and I can only ask - Why should I care? It's their game experience. Their characters. I have my, leveled the way I wanted. Others doesn't bother me. The only thing I will notice in the long run will be much more items in AH and more frequent BGs.

Edit: For the "leveling is a huge part of game time" argument - It is not. I have leveled for cca 8 days. Now, I have on my main 63 days played. That means that I spended cca 12,5% of my play time by leveling... and it still decreases. 12,5% does not seem to me to be a "huge part".

This. GG Aieris. You nailed it. Exactly my thoughts.

It's eerie just how this thread is a perfect doppelgander of about each and every single ones I've seen in retail each time Blizzard added some "increased accessibility" feature, from TBC to today.

It's even down to the same arguments, the same reasonings and the same posturing.
Isn't it deeply ironic to see people who fled retail because of what it had become, now supporting the same design philosophy that transformed the game into what it is ? Amusing circle.

It's pretty obvious few people will be swayed one way or another. Most have already made up their mind and the arguments seem to just end up rationalized away in the best case.

So it's pretty useless by now to argue and try to convince, but I'll just point at a particular counter-argument which really grate me : it's the constant reminding that it's supposedly not that a big deal because it's a limited-time, one-time-only boost.
It's a damn x7 rate for about six weeks. It's practically the equivalent of nearly a year of leveling time, and (if all goes at planned) happening when the population explodes. Anyone playing during this month and a half is gonna get a quicker-than-retail shortcut to 60 ; and that is a permanent consequence.
Make your case that the sacrifices are worth it (my opinion is that they clearly aren't, but others' have a different conclusion, very obviously), but please don't kid yourself about the magnitude and the permanence of the changes it will cause.

Okay,but why 7x exp boost? 3x would have the same effect,with less negative consequences.

3x would have the same effect,with less negative consequences.

Our team assessment disagrees with this. We felt 3x was "not enough" of an incentive for players who already leveled elsewhere that wanted to come try Kronos out. For a lot of players who have put in a ton of hours amd effort into characters else, we needed something big enough to give them a viable option while not completely going insanely overboard. While optional 7x may seem like it's going overboard, it's unlikely that much lower would have had the desired effect.

The bottom line is whether it's 2x or 7x, none of the "1x hardliners" would have been happy with any of the options except 1x. And as this is a 1 time thing, we felt giving the little extra "mmmph" from say 5 to 7, is enough to turn some heads and make players who were sitting on the fence another added reason to at least check us out.

Indeed. Leveling is pretty much a tutorial to class you're playing. If you already know your class theres no reason to replay tutorial imo. (Unless you're like me who gets satisfaction only from doing every quest on the road to gain as much reputation as possible and dont wanna lose rep gains from green/grey quests)

I couldnt put it better myself. Just an overall great comment and I completely agree.

This is good for both Kronos and Nost. The latter is insanely overpopulated (we're talking 11k online at at a time). Additionally, 50% of the playerbase there is now Chinese, and while this isn't an issue on its own, a lot of them don't speak English and it's very difficult to group up with the language barrier. Also it's brought in a shit ton of anti-Asian racism. There are plenty of people looking to reroll, and the xp boost will remove any hesitance of having to level the same character from 1-60 again.

It'll piss off the #Blizzlike fanbois, but they really need to pull their heads out of their rose-colored asses and realize that "Blizzlike" doesn't truly exist anyway.

An interesting decision to be sure. :blink:

Though I consider myself one of the pro-blizzlike 1x XP people I can see why the XP boost is being implemented and I'm all for having some new players brought to the server!

Top Bottom