• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dareptor

Hey guys !
I guess most / a lot of you have tried Nostalrius beta or are currently playing it to kill some time. Honetly I allready grew a bit tired of tired of it... The server stability is amazing but there are some serious, serious bugs !! Not a public bug tracker etc. But the player count is going through the roof !! Do you think Kronos will be able to recover with superior scripts and when ? I'm a bit worried that their early launch tactics migh work out even tho the peon quest didn't even work ?!! (How can you not fix something like that on the LAUNCH day)...

Honestly if you any admin / moderator thinks that this thread is making Kronos look bad feel free to delete it, but I feel like a lot of people are worried about the same problem.

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the Future

--Niels Bohr.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question. I don't even know if the question is valid, since Kronos is still in Beta and Nostalrius is 2 days old.

Only time will tell...just enjoy the ride and try to keep a cool head before you invest to much time into any one server.

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the Future

--Niels Bohr.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question. I don't even know if the question is valid, since Kronos is still in Beta and Nostalrius is 2 days old.

Only time will tell...just enjoy the ride and try to keep a cool head before you invest to much time into any one server.

Wiser words have never been spoken on this forums!

nostalrius being 2 days old is such a bullshit excuse for poor scripting. Server being new doesn't mean it's supposed to be bugged! That's what beta tests are for. And it's not like they never heard of beta tests. But instead of testing and fixing their server some more, they noticed they have little chance competing with Kronos' scripting so they did the smart thing and released first to lure the population that way.

If you want to compare the two realms. Compare Kronos beta to Nost beta, and compare Kronos 1st day(s) with Nost 1st day(s). That's the fair comparison.

nostalrius being 2 days old is such a bullshit excuse for poor scripting. Server being new doesn't mean it's supposed to be bugged! That's what beta tests are for. And it's not like they never heard of beta tests. But instead of testing and fixing their server some more, they noticed they have little chance competing with Kronos' scripting so they did the smart thing and released first to lure the population that way.

If you want to compare the two realms. Compare Kronos beta to Nost beta, and compare Kronos 1st day(s) with Nost 1st day(s). That's the fair comparison.

I think you are missing the points both the OP and myself was trying to make.

I was replying to you specifically, decided not to bother with the OP exactly because of what you (or Mr. Bohr) said.
What was the point of mentioning the 2 days then? I'm used to seeing it as an excuse for the amount of bugs people experience there.

My point was simply, that it's far to early in this so called "race", (which i don't really buy into) to make a safe prediction on what server the majority of players will choose to stay on.

I could venture my own thoughts on the matter, but it's rather pointless to debate.
Since most players have diffrent ideas on what constitutes a "good server", it's basicly impossible to make any kind of qualified guess.
So many external factors and diffrent expectations.

The 2 days were merely a fact. No comparison was made from my part.

I think only time will tell , i decided to play on kronos as main server , i think it have high chance to be the only real vanilla one.

About competition ,i already played on feenix and i will not do the same mistake again with nost.

I just hope kronos will take his 1k player from start then everthing is fine ^^

I think only time will tell , i decided to play on kronos as main server , i think it have high chance to be the only real vanilla one.

About competition ,i already played on feenix and i will not do the same mistake again with nost.

I just hope kronos will take his 1k player from start then everthing is fine ^^

Yep, for strong PvE/PvP it takes roughly 1000 active players. Everything above ist nice to have but not too important. So stay cool and enjoy. :)

i honestly didnt care for either server just wanted somewhere to play tho i kept my eye on kronos since last year autumn. Meanwhile nostalrius popped out of nowhere at the end of the year.
The way i see it all nostalrius has is population and pathing(?) rest is pretty much stock with some fixes aka rebirth tier. Kronos seems to be same just with more effort put in scripting.
So bottom line is since both are samey more or less might as well play on kronos since more stuff works here.
Tho i am worried about the population here.

i honestly didnt care for either server just wanted somewhere to play tho i kept my eye on kronos since last year autumn. Meanwhile nostalrius popped out of nowhere at the end of the year.
The way i see it all nostalrius has is population and pathing(?) rest is pretty much stock with some fixes aka rebirth tier. Kronos seems to be same just with more effort put in scripting.
So bottom line is since both are samey more or less might as well play on kronos since more stuff works here.
Are you serious? how can kronos be the same as nostalrius when kronos is already better then nostalrius by a light year? Your comparison is so poor i can hardly count you in. "rest is pretty much stock" while yeah kronos is same just with more effort put in scripting?? Bugs are pouring on nostal and i see only 1/3 of the bugs on kronos and guess what? Those are mostly minor bugs that will be fixed by the time it gets released.
To the OP... From what kronos to recover?

I think you summed it up pretty well.
Hope to see you on Kronos at launch :)

Kronos is better designed than Nostalrius. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. The only reason Nostalrius has people right now is because it ISN'T in beta and the newness. People are abstaining from playing here because they don't want to participate in the beta because shit gets wiped then they have to level. People also look at the tag "Beta" and immediately think "RIDDLED WITH BUGS, GG. AVOIDING!" when in reality, Kronos being in beta has SIGNIFICANTLY less problems than the released Nostalrius. Kronos could launch tomorrow and do better than any server I can think of at the moment and blow Nostalrius out of the water.

Once the newness wears off and the smoke clears, Nostalrius is going to fall into the dirt, their gimmick of having a ton of people right now won't last forever, especially given the bugs that server has. Their server is buggier than AQ40. Whereas here I was actually astounded to see some of the minor details working, like Dagger Specialization for rogues, Poison Quest I hear is working as intended. I've encountered a few bugs but nothing too awful. Example being the Blooddrenched Mask on my undead male causes hair problems, however the Red Defias Mask does not. This problem can be immediately remedied by making the displayID of Blooddrenched Mask the same as Red Defias Mask.

Plus, we can take a valuable lesson from Blizzard in terms of releasing an unfinished project: Look at how Silithus and Azshara were before 1.9, Silithus had NO QUESTS, AND NO LOOT. Likewise Azshara has a really poor questing system (compared to Vanilla standards, calling something poor is making a statement) because both zones weren't complete and they ditched them to get the game out.

Alternatively you can look at every other MMO released, most namely Age of Conan or Star Wars: The Old Republic. The games were hyped and they didn't flesh out the end game. So when people hit level cap in a couple days, they realized there was no end game so they all quit because all available content was done by them. The same is also the case with WoD. The expansion did really well until about two weeks in when raids were still two weeks from release, no pvp season, and everyone was geared in the best gear they could attain for the most part.

Last edited:
Not that smoke was clouding my eyes or anything but I made it to lvl 10 in Nos over the course of last Sunday and I'm done with it already.

I played around with Kronos beta and I'm not even touching Nos as it's a waste of time; would rather contribute to testing Kronos than play live on Nos.

I appreciate quality and value my immersion. I'm sure we'll get a lot of people thinking "quality first" switching over come launch day. This is the kind of crowd that makes a good community so even if we don't get 4k+ people I think it's for the better.

All i have to say... I hope kronos will be ready for a massive population. I can already count about 10 of my friends who will play on kronos when it releases. They're waiting eagerly for the release. These 10 friends will pull in probably about 30 more people (they will pull each about 2 to 3 friends perhaps more and i know this because they're all pumped and every single one of them said omg i will bring my friends as well)... I imagine as well that at least 40% of nostal population will transfer to kronos to check out how kronos plays out (and if it's polished enough which it already is much more then nostal they'll stay and probably bring their friends over).
Kronos doesn't have to recover from anything yet. This is beta. Nobody except us who want to test it to make sure it will be working ok wants to play it and then having to replay again.
You can tell "look an ****t estimating and he doesn't know a thing"... I can bet 100g that it will have massive population after the first week or month.

Speaking as a USA player that adores Vanilla WoW, I used to play on Valkyrie server several months after its international launch. It was a wonderful server with superb scripts, excellent Devs working, and a suitable line of communication with the English speaking forum inclusive of bug reports, fixes, plans, and handling rules infractions.

I left the server for the same reasons that many, many other players left. The Devs dwindled (some for very good reason), the communication to English speaking players was cut off for nearly a year, the basic core scripts were becoming broken with each update patch set, and there was an encouraged animosity from both staff and players towards non Russian players.

What I'm getting at is, Valkyrie had the chance to be #1 right now. Absolutely no doubt about it. So if you ask the question, "Will Kronos Recover?", the answer I think I can give from personal experience is "sure".

All Kronos has to do is stay true to their mission goals, and I'm not talking about promised dates of release or such. A good server has a staff with integrity, good communication with the player base, bug fixes and proper rules enforcement, and little or no corruption. Nostalrius has their work cut out for them. They have a huge population, but they're not up to speed in a few of those areas I've listed above.

Biased much?

As much as I wanted to like Kronos, I was forced to note that some of their videos were blatant lies.
Fixed player displayed position? I see ton more of players glitchy movements/teleporting/rubberbanding with 200 players online than on Nos with 5k.

Miles ahead from Nos bugwise? Made a druid noticed 2 bugs right away that are not on Nos. You can maul in humanoid form, and furor is broken for bear(no combat, can't aoe intimidate).

Went into a bg, half of my team was randomly immune to the enemy dammage (while speaking russian for the whole bg btw nice international community).

I'm outta this, will be back to check release but if it keeps this way, no kronos won't recover. There are tons of shit to be done for release if kronos wants to stand a chance and it's not with their 40 testers, 30 of them in bg and 25 days left that it's gonna be done.

Biased much?

As much as I wanted to like Kronos, I was forced to note that some of their videos were blatant lies.
Fixed player displayed position? I see ton more of players glitchy movements/teleporting/rubberbanding with 200 players online than on Nos with 5k.

Miles ahead from Nos bugwise? Made a druid noticed 2 bugs right away that are not on Nos. You can maul in humanoid form, and furor is broken for bear(no combat, can't aoe intimidate).

Went into a bg, half of my team was randomly immune to the enemy dammage (while speaking russian for the whole bg btw nice international community).

I'm outta this, will be back to check release but if it keeps this way, no kronos won't recover. There are tons of shit to be done for release if kronos wants to stand a chance and it's not with their 40 testers, 30 of them in bg and 25 days left that it's gonna be done.

Have you reported the bugs ? The amount of time they need to fix bugs is impressive and they definetly need more reports !

Biased much?

just for info that "randomly immune to damage" thing is a quesitem you can add with the gm commands.
Additionally, how can you enforce english speaking on a beta when you have better things to do?

to the druid bugs, please report them. I will retest

Nost is more bugged than fenix is atm....nothing more to say. :biggrin:More like to play here(on kronos)...test something...report some bug's and help to project grow..+for 2 day's beta test no see any troll/kid's (no offence kids) and all community is frendly.

missed beta, so have kronos real targe's hp values or its permanent 100% like on Nos ? cause this was pissing players pretty much along with blizzlike utter shit los not avaliable behind trees

Nost is more bugged than fenix is atm..
leveled to 20, compare to fenix Nos is less bugged

Last edited:
Everyone on Nostalrius knows about Kronos. The question is, how many are playing there just to get their fix while waiting for Kronos?

Nostalrius has the undercut, but keeping their players satisfied will be a great challenge. No armory, database or bug tracker is not helping their cause.

No one can predict what will happen, but if Nos proved anything, it is that their is a large player potential for a vanilla server.

Last edited:
Personally i think server population is more important than having less bugs or better scripts.

The majority of players will be fine with a server that is "good enough" if the population is high, and nost is honestly miles ahead of the other servers we are used to(ED, rebirth etc) and they also got the population.

It doesn't matter how good Kronos will be, the problem is that most players on Nost seems to be verry happy and pleased with the server, and i doubt many will even give Kronos a try.

Biased much?

Are you sure you are talking about Kronos? Did you learn the druid spells with ".learn"-command? Because I could not reproduce any of the bugs you mentioned.

Personally i think server population is more important than having less bugs or better scripts.

The majority of players will be fine with a server that is "good enough" if the population is high, and nost is honestly miles ahead of the other servers we are used to(ED, rebirth etc) and they also got the population.

It doesn't matter how good Kronos will be, the problem is that most players on Nost seems to be verry happy and pleased with the server, and i doubt many will even give Kronos a try.

You are right. Most people are like sheep. They go where the others go to... even if it is not the best choice...poor sheep :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom