• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People aren't stupid. It's the Facebook effect. It's the reason new people to the scene will join ED first (might be Nos from now on).

I think Kronos only "downfall" besides server stability can be the release date (the server will def have lots of people, but 3-4k?). Too bad they already made the ETA promises last year, because of the sudden appearance of Nos I would have stretched the launch even further. Somewhere to the summer, maybe early fall. It takes a bit more than a month for the novelty to wear off.

TBH I'm more intrigued how Nos will fare. A five or so years old server practically no one has heard about pops out of thin air just months ago with the most archaic and bizarre bugs imaginable, with a team and promises no one can verify. If they had released at any other time, especially before the Kronos hype or after Kronos launch, it would have been a death sentence.

I know it's a common mantra to repeat that they will fix things very fast. If their story is a failure, all they will be remembered for is the examples we give in discussions about rampart fanboyism. It's an interesting lesson how people can adopt something at face value in such a short time.

If success, Nos will stay this high populated and it might even open Blizzard's eyes on classic WoW demand. I know... One can always hope...

Nos basically had to release before Kronos, and due to the pressure of not knowing Kronos release, they had to open even with some unfinished stuff, like AQ war effort and whatever else.

I dont think it goes the other way too, I have a feeling Kronos launch might see 5k, noone knows, me personaly would be happy with 2k, which I would imagine is certain at this point, didnt expect such a huge vanilla demand

NO, Blizzard never open old world, anyone asked on blizzcon, and Boss (dunno name) tell NO.

Nost is more bugged than fenix is atm

I play a warrior and on Nos the enemy npcs give you the proper amount of space, and aren't attacking you while standing practically on top of you. Fenix as had that glitch for years and never fixed it, that single glitch causes about 100 glitches worth of frustration for me, Nos is a far superior server and on top of that the devs will keep working and fixing things as time goes on.

The bugs I saw on Nos are unreal, and I havent yet made it out of Loch Modan.

I was able to Disenchant 1 item 2 times. I trained a spell at class trainer without actually receiving the spell in my spellbok. My pet suddenly started running at the speed of a jet plane up along a mountain.
I could name 5-6 more just now.

What I think is important to remember when people above here talk about Kronos being buggy aswell is that nos has ACTUALLY RELEASED. Kronos hasnt. It's a beta made simply to discover bugs.
I'm confident the bugs will be tended before the release.

What worries me more is the population. Hope we(kronos) will manage the same pop as nos currently has.

Well in the long run quality wins over quantity so i would say they will start out with warring members on the servers 2015 but 2016 it will tip towards the most stable with the best quality.

Nostal is only highly populated now due to their massive advertising which by the way they even used lies such as their player stress test which was done only with npc's.... So to give a good answer i would say Kronos will play the under-dog for some time but since they never lied and fix issues asap players will trust them more and stay while nostalrius is a bit slower at fixing their population will be the only thing that keeps them going until it starts dropping which is when most leave the sinking ship.

Also Nostal revealed who their security comes from which is a major flaw to do when you want to prevent getting ddos attacked since it gives the ddos'er something to take into consideration when they plan the attack and how to.... to be honest nostalrius seems like a halfbaked over advertised server.

this is how i see it.
kronos = 90% fix 10% advertise = Quality
nostal = 90% advertise 10% fix = Quantity

in the long term players will want quality over quantity if the product is the same and both are free so my answer is: yes kronos will recover.

Bug tracker is having so much activity! Make the server the best and everyone will be here by the end of the month!

Honestly guys,
Kronos will not recover from not releasing early enough. Also, the bugs you keep mentioning, its quite odd but mots of them are you alone and no one else seems to have them, gee LIE much.

Nost has Kronos beat in so many ways. You guys could keep discussing scripts and bugs, but at the end of the day people are already invested in Nost. Its the best thing out there and keeps getting better because the devs care greatly about the server. They have been doing it for 5 years now.

As for the Kronos beta, well as it stands now it won't be near ready by March 28th. A more realistic timetable would be August 28th. The bugs are too numerous for a tiny team of what 2-4 people can manage.

I wish you all the best with the server, but I foresee what the other twinstar servers have for pop and activity, a small group of European players. Not that is bad, but Kronos is just late to the party.

I fully expect my post to be deleted because of the unprofessionalism here. Any criticism of the project is met with direct and immediate silence.

in the long term players will want quality over quantity if the product is the same and both are free so my answer is: yes kronos will recover.

Feenix is probably the worst server when it comes to bugs and scripting, yet it has the most players. Population wins, not quality.

Last edited:
As for the Kronos beta, well as it stands now it won't be near ready by March 28th. A more realistic timetable would be August 28th. The bugs are too numerous for a tiny team of what 2-4 people can manage.
Have you played on Kronos? Have you tried levelling a character? On the first ~20 levels, which is the only thing you can compare, our server is way better than the competition, even in its "beta" version.
I fully expect my post to be deleted because of the unprofessionalism here. Any criticism of the project is met with direct and immediate silence.
Criticism is not what gets your posts deleted around here, believe me, I've been here for 5 years, I know. Advertising the competition, on the other hand, is. That is not unprofessional, these pages belong to someone and he has every right to set the rules, which are quite fair.

Feenix is probably the worst server when it comes to bugs and scripting, yet it has the most players. Population wins, not quality.

Alot of players left ED to join Nostalrius when it launched due to the lack of quality on ED.
Both Quality and Quantity matters...lets not oversimplify things here...

So from what I observed by browsing both forums in the last two weeks the community in the kronos forums are more diplomatic and discussions are a lot better. Also the Kronos team makes a more professional impression on me. Just the fact that there is a Bug-tracker says a lot, what good are a lot of developers when the bugs get not reported properly and the only thing you find are some people bitching about a problem in a forum post. I'm glad I did not play on Nostalrius, because bugs with quests in the starting zones... maybe for the most people in the vanilla community end game is the only thing they care about but for me the journey to lvl 60 is as important because it will decide whether to reach lvl 60 or not.

1. They have been doing it for 5 years now.

2. As for the Kronos beta, well as it stands now it won't be near ready by March 28th. A more realistic timetable would be August 28th. The bugs are too numerous for a tiny team of what 2-4 people can manage.

3. I fully expect my post to be deleted because of the unprofessionalism here. Any criticism of the project is met with direct and immediate silence.

1. to me it looks like they had 4years of vacation and 1 year of developing. :p

2. looks like you didn't even bother to log on kronos beta . it was nostalrius who needed another year of beta development and TESTERS god how they miss good testers. you can't check what they fixing = no bugtracker, how can such a ''good'' server release withou transparent bugtracker??

3. ur not on nostal forum where every post with little criticism needs to be approved first.

edit: unprofessionalism here. hahaha you got me here. proffesional bug tracker , change logs, no shit-blizzlike buzzword advertising , no forum censuring , no riddled /who to see as mutch players as possible no mather the faction , overal progress meter , NO FALSE VIDEOS yeah we fixed pyrewood , they fixed it but didn't bother to test it.

TRANSPARENCY! : you can see who developers are you can contact them via provided email, server finances, we know where kronos gets money from, do you know that about nostalrius?

and you talk about unprofessionalism . OK .

Last edited:
What I think is important to remember when people above here talk about Kronos being buggy aswell is that nos has ACTUALLY RELEASED. Kronos hasnt. It's a beta made simply to discover bugs.
I'm confident the bugs will be tended before the release.

What worries me more is the population. Hope we(kronos) will manage the same pop as nos currently has.

BETA or not, I think Kronos is pretty good. NPC behaviour, pathing etc close to spot on. Every single gimmick-quest I tested worked bar the Desolace goblins (someone has already written a very good report on that one).

We did play during the hours where mobs ran through walls in instances, and fled at 100% speed - but apparently that issue is fixed already. We also got stuck in an infinite sleep-loop in SM Cath when Whitemane is supposed to ress Mograine, but luckily Chero ported in and fixed it within 3 minutes.

And the BG performance i hands down the best I have seen on a private server so far, though it's so many people abusing consumables it is difficult to keep track of everything.

Anyway, my point is that if you call BETA-Kronos buggy you might as well label the rest of the Vanilla private scene a train wreck :) From what I have gathered Nost fails on most problematic quests or gimmicks, which in fairness tells you a lot of what you can expect later in the game. I for one am done with doing BWL without a functioning supression room or being able to exploit every other boss by standing in new-found safe-spots etc.

How about to start with something more optimistic?

Im going to bring 4 maybe more people! How about you guys?

I think Kronos only "downfall" besides server stability can be the release date (the server will def have lots of people, but 3-4k?). Too bad they already made the ETA promises last year, because of the sudden appearance of Nos I would have stretched the launch even further. Somewhere to the summer, maybe early fall. It takes a bit more than a month for the novelty to wear off.

I disagree. Since Kronos has the best product, they can release whenever they see fit knowing they have the superior server. Like a different user posted, Nos had to release earlier since player retention would have been outright impossible with an inferior server and later launch date. If Kronos released first, Nos would either have to scrap the project or extend release, say, a year or so in order to catch up on quality.

This is simple game theory, and Nos chose to go to market first and catch the first wave, gambling that time investment from players will ensure retention.

I'm pretty sure Kronos will recover from the early Nost release.

Since both servers are releasing within a month of each other I'm pretty sure most people will check out both and few people will be too invested in any one project to not be swayed by another, furthermore I kinda suspect that alot of people playing Nostalrius right now have been waiting for Kronos for some time and are really only killing time waiting for release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom