• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true up to some point: If you create new topic, it has to be confirmed by moderator.

I just heard that Nos. is moderating every singel thread on their forum, is that true? That way they can easily just remove negative post made by players reporting bugs and other stuff.

^True.

pUvd5nc.png

Overall, it's been a fantastic experience getting to Lv14.

^Can`t say it was "fantastic", first day it was unplayabled, you had to skip first quests and farm on higher creatures, because zones was too crowded and respawn time didn`t scale with players on that zone/area. Second day server had constant dc all day. And some quests was bugged so had to skip them and only report system is through in-game ticket.
Also they said that they fixed rubber banding, saw that in wsg bg and couple times in other zones.

Last edited:
On a final note, competition is a good thing. Take professional wrestling. The WWF/WWE was never better than when it was competing with WCW for viewers. Now that it's an unstoppable juggernaut, the product is not as compelling as it used to be. Having Kronos and Nostalrius going after the title of "best Vanilla server" is only going to benefit ALL the players on both realms.

So take it from someone who is REALLY liking Nostalrius - I am looking forward to playing on Kronos and seeing what this realm has to offer!

The fact that you used professional wrestling as a prime example of competition contributing to superior quality made me laugh like a mad man.

The fact that you used professional wrestling as a prime example of competition contributing to superior quality made me laugh like a mad man.

Why? It's like two theatre houses competing for viewers/guests. Both have to put in alot more effort in order to get more interesting viewers. That's what happened to WWE/WWF.

Why? It's like two theatre houses competing for viewers/guests. Both have to put in alot more effort in order to get more interesting viewers. That's what happened to WWE/WWF.

Right, but in that case it's funny that what came out on top of what was apparently a fierce competition is still a sad excuse for entertainment.

Edit: And you're totally right, it IS like two theatre houses competing, but he used the example of WWE vs whatever else, and THAT is what I found so laughable.

Last edited:
Greetings from a Nostalrius player.

Thanks for wanting to look it over. I've got few quick pieces of advice, if ya don't mind.

Check out this Thread - http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/92586-Open-Beta-Basics

If you're keen on possibly sticking with Nostalrius that's cool, but ask yourself if you're curious about what alt character (or 2) you might want to use in the long run. Hop into the Beta and use the ' .level ', ' .modify money # ', and '.additem ' commands to shoot yourself up to 60. Then check out the Kronos database from the link above and give yourself some okay items, the sort of stuff a brand new 60 might have (so a mix of greens and a few blues ranging from lvl 52 to 58).

After setting that up, take the character out on a spin in a few zones like Ungoro or Plaguelands and just see how the character performs, and if it's something you want to commit the time to. While you're busy doing that, you can see for yourself how things are working and compare servers. It isn't time lost at any rate - you're getting a good feel for a character and know in advance if it's a good move to roll one or not.

Also be sure to check out the bug tracker. You can see for yourself how crazy hard the testers and devs are interacting and working with fixes before the launch.

The bugs I saw on Nos are unreal, and I havent yet made it out of Loch Modan.

I was able to Disenchant 1 item 2 times. I trained a spell at class trainer without actually receiving the spell in my spellbok. My pet suddenly started running at the speed of a jet plane up along a mountain.
I could name 5-6 more just now.

What I think is important to remember when people above here talk about Kronos being buggy aswell is that nos has ACTUALLY RELEASED. Kronos hasnt. It's a beta made simply to discover bugs.
I'm confident the bugs will be tended before the release.

What worries me more is the population. Hope we(kronos) will manage the same pop as nos currently has.

You actually think it will have anything close to Nos's pop? Sorry you are dreaming lol. The casual people will be 30-40 at the end of this month and do you really think they will want to relevel? And that's assuming it comes out in a month which I don't think it will going by the amount of bugs. Lets be real kronos with also have some bugs on release..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBia_y688_Q&feature=youtu.be

I just dont see how it can actually be released by the 28th when there are bugs like that this late. It definitly won't be bugfree. Also Nos has been actively fixing the few bugs I've heard of. The only bug I've seen in person (im level 25) so far was the counter attack quest which they say will be fixed soon.

If you are so convinced, why did you even care to register to promote your server? And don't worry, the thing in the video you posted will surely be fixed before release :)
By the way, it's hard to tell how many bugs a server has just from one's own experience. One of the reasons why I chose Kronos was Nostalrius' strange transparency policy. Can't trust a server that refuses to install a bug tracker.
Speaking of pet bugs: i hear pets regenerate health like NPCs on a certain other server... just saying.

Last edited:
Don't worry Szabinger, that's not the case. There are tons of cosmetic reports, and a great deal of the other newer reports are related to a single cause.

From the bugtracker it seems, that the devs are pretty overwhelmed.

I disagree. Before the open beta there was 700 issues. Now, less than a week later there are 3700. Even with so many new reports, 60% are fixed, 9% are not bugs , 2% are duplicate and 5% canceled. Meaning there are only 24% left which are actual bugs. I think that considering the huge amount of new reports, that is damn impressive and fast work.

yes since they care, on the other hand nostalrius has no public bug tracker so they must expect the server to be over and done with for the most part unless a major complaint occurs... and most here already tried nostal and experienced a couple of their weekly crashes this week or encountered bugs like double disenchanting stuff , not or worse and especially class spells/abilities on nostal are using coefficients from 2.0.1-2.3.4 still, at first it is not much but 10-30% more or less dmg from ap/spell+ affects a lot later on when you get gear.

To be honest i prefer a server that tries with all its might to collect and fix every single bug and doing so public so players can say what they saw or experienced. not to mention kronos already fixes far more than nostalrius and as can be seen in bug tracker they continue to do so so.

From my point of view Nostal looks like a cheap imitation of Feenix where they over advertise a server and hope that population keeps attracting enough new players to make up for those who leave once they realize the simmilarity.

Everyone who looks at the bugtracker is thinking "wow, these guys are fast! They've got it."
But not Szabinger, of course ^^

There's a reason why the competition is afraid of being transparent and why Kronos isn't.

i'm amazed by the level of input by the beta testers so far, testing so many aspects of the game and putting up the bugs they find on the bug report, great work to everyone participating :biggrin:

I just dont see how it can actually be released by the 28th when there are bugs like that this late. It definitly won't be bugfree. Also Nos has been actively fixing the few bugs I've heard of. The only bug I've seen in person (im level 25) so far was the counter attack quest which they say will be fixed soon.

Ok, I'll bite. Last night the rumour was that the staff on Nost refused to adjust the respawn rate of mobs and items because it would make it non-blizzlike. As such, finding 3 raptor eggs og 3 gnomish toolboxes took me 45 minutes each. The argument of "it will be better in a months time" doesn't cut it, the current rate is just plain ****tic. Actually, the respawn-rate is borderline insanity considering the population.

I am no tester so I don't really know how every mechanic should work, but there are a lot of usual suspects around:
- Herbing/Mining empty nodes while getting skillup, the node will never be consumed and idle empty forever.
- Hunter's Mark showing on every player's minimap
- If two players consume keys etc. at the same time, both will consume the item while only one player gets to open chest/door/whatever.
- Mobs with drain life are bugged to the point where they are demigods. Try Fizzle in Durotar/Ghouls in Silverpine - they will get a drain life lazer-beam from their forehead while autoattacking and using other abilities. The health gain rate also seems ridiculously overtuned.
- No idea if this is correct, but I could level alchemy with 100% skillup on minor healing pots until level 50, where it turned yellow and I am currently at 65, having created nothing but minor healing pots. I.e. my Alchemy skill is out-leveling my Herbalism skill by 10 skillpoints, that should be impossible.

But none of those actually bothers me that much, it's the damn respawn rate that's killing me. 5k players on a Vanilla realm is so non-blizzlike you can get it, so why not make the respawn rate a bit more accommodating? Just so looking forward to see how all these stupid decisions manifest themself in the endgame scripting and design.

well the bugs you encounter on nostal could stay for months since they have no public bug tracker and thus they only see the issues that get complained about the most on forums...

nostal does not show its bugs or listen to everyone but just the top 3-5 issues that happen to be sent to them as tickets or complained about the most while on kronos every little aspect is tested and reported if it works even the least bit different than 1.12.1 should.

so on one hand you have passive server who lives on advertise and the other hand you got an active server listening to every single report.

and especially class spells/abilities on nostal are using coefficients from 2.0.1-2.3.4 still, at first it is not much but 10-30% more or less dmg from ap/spell+ affects a lot later on when you get gear.

Are you serious? Where did you find it? Another reason why I wont play there, ever!

Ok, I'll bite. Last night the rumour was that the staff on Nost refused to adjust the respawn rate of mobs and items because it would make it non-blizzlike. As such, finding 3 raptor eggs og 3 gnomish toolboxes took me 45 minutes each. The argument of "it will be better in a months time" doesn't cut it, the current rate is just plain ****tic. Actually, the respawn-rate is borderline insanity considering the population.

Probably they want overcrowded locations because it delays whole lvling and they can have more time to fix bugs. Or they just want new people to log in and see so many other characters. Too bad for them.

Im trying to make non-interested view on both servers. But nost is trying to be worse and worse. lol
Seems like the only problem of nost fag boys is that we have donation rewards. What automatically means pay to win. Cause non combat pets and mounts are so dangerous.. Then who is pathetic.

class spells/abilities on nostal are using coefficients from 2.0.1-2.3.4 still, at first it is not much but 10-30% more or less dmg from ap/spell+ affects a lot later on when you get gear.

I know it's a silly question, but can you actually prove it?

Are you serious? Where did you find it? Another reason why I wont play there, ever!

Probably they want overcrowded locations because it delays whole lvling and they can have more time to fix bugs. Or they just want new people to log in and see so many other characters. Too bad for them.

Im trying to make non-interested view on both servers. But nost is trying to be worse and worse. lol
Seems like the only problem of nost fag boys is that we have donation rewards. What automatically means pay to win. Cause non combat pets and mounts are so dangerous.. Then who is pathetic.

Listen you ESL child you are not at all trying to be non-bias. You think the reason they aren't changing respawn timers is because they want new people to log in and see many characters, or give them more time to fix bugs? What a joke lol. They are sticking to what they feel like is "blizzlike" and I can get behind that. "Nost is trying to be worse and worse". Can't even comprehend that so, yeah. You are naive if you think the only reason people on Nos prefer it because of Kronos' donation rewards. That's just one reason. You know the others don't lie. As for the bugtracker everyone is completely right they should absolutely have one. According to the forum they will apparently have one soon (TM). And yea I'd like some proof on the coefficients that is pretty interesting. People act like there are game breaking bugs in the game and from my experience and my friends we have seen none. Just a quest or two not working. I'm aware they have a bunch of minor bugs but they seem to be fixing them rapidly. I'm just here because I have some time off at work and this may come off as fanboyish but im just trying to defend some of these stupid claims, and tell me iworm isn't fanboyying lol.

Listen you ESL child you are not at all trying to be non-bias. You think the reason they aren't changing respawn timers is because they want new people to log in and see many characters, or give them more time to fix bugs? What a joke lol. They are sticking to what they feel like is "blizzlike" and I can get behind that. "Nost is trying to be worse and worse". Can't even comprehend that so, yeah. You are naive if you think the only reason people on Nos prefer it because of Kronos' donation rewards. That's just one reason. You know the others don't lie. As for the bugtracker everyone is completely right they should absolutely have one. According to the forum they will apparently have one soon (TM). And yea I'd like some proof on the coefficients that is pretty interesting. People act like there are game breaking bugs in the game and from my experience and my friends we have seen none. Just a quest or two not working. I'm aware they have a bunch of minor bugs but they seem to be fixing them rapidly. I'm just here because I have some time off at work and this may come off as fanboyish but im just trying to defend some of these stupid claims, and tell me iworm isn't fanboyying lol.

Sorry for harming your feelings.
Its interesting how you exactly know what is going in my head. You must have fantastic imagination.
In fact, you didnt tell me anything special. So nost came out with another promises? I mean that "bugtracker soon." They also promised unique vanilla experience. I didnt feel it, somehow.
In fact I tryed to be non interested. But how can I be when there are so many reasons why to choose kronos. And its not only about bugs here and there. Its about people. I have read many nost forum threads and youtube comments and I see it as there is more people hating kronos. Assuming its pay 2 win server etc.

And dont speak about fanboying when you are just another one.

Ontopic: Will Kronos recover?

Yes. They can win with quality, but hey have to work very hard this month. There are some really time consuming Bug Reports that needs to be addressed (I don't envy Amrod that has to work on one of my bigger reports).

Offtopic: Nostalrius is sounding more and more like Motel/Feenix child. Buggy as hell, no attention to detail, Staff censoring criticism etc.

Offtopic: Nostalrius is sounding more and more like Motel/Feenix child. Buggy as hell, no attention to detail, Staff censoring criticism etc.

+1^.

Saw one forum topic about bug that you die few times in a row, you get infinity resurrect time;
So I have been corpse running to get the EPL waypoint (level 14) and I died quite a few times... but now I'm stuck 26469 minutes until I can revive myself
icon_e_sad.gif
iPsPwfA.png

And only fix is by restarting client.
One of stuff member replied this:
osOobs3.png

Its like: okey you found a solution (kind of) and we will not bother to look into this bug (try to fix it) and reply to other players who will get this issue - just restart your client its normal (its "blizzlike")!

Last edited:
+1^.

Saw one forum topic about bug that you die few times in a row, you get infinity resurrect time;

iPsPwfA.png

And only fix is by restarting client.
One of stuff member replied this:
osOobs3.png

Its like: okey you found a solution (kind of) and we will not bother to look into this bug (try to fix it) and reply to other players who will get this issue - just restart your client its normal (its "blizzlike")!

They found the same bug reported on official Blizzard servers 9 years ago and they figured 'Hell, we are BLIZZLIKE' and there we are. By the way by restarting client to fix this bug this guy is not playing it blizzlike, he should've wait.

I'm just here because I have some time off at work and this may come off as fanboyish but im just trying to defend some of these stupid claims, and tell me iworm isn't fanboyying lol.

No, not fanboyish at all to defend a fucking 10 minute respawn timer for the one named mob you need in order to complete a quest, just to not get it tagged due to 30 people zerging said mob the instant it appears.

What was the server capacity like back on retail? Like 2000? You know what happens when you throw in 2,5x that population and keep the respawn rate constant? The fucking disaster of a questing experience which is Nostralius is what you get.

Really looking forward to be collecting raptor skulls in Barrens tonight. The ~12 mobs which are scattered along the northern perimeter probably has a life expectancy of 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom