• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can compare this whole situation with an experiment i once read about:
)

You never read about that, because no researcher would ever in the history of mankind present those two options in a case study on human decision making. $10 vs. $100 ($110, apparently you can port your Nost character over).

You are mixing the Time Value of Money-example and the Risk-Aversion example.
1. TVM: $10 is worth more today than in one month because of interest, in which case Nost would be the ideal choice.
2. Risk-Aversion: You have 100% chance of getting $10 or 50% chance of getting $25. Most people choose option 1 because they are risk-averse, allthough the riskier option is the one with the highest expected value, thus the rational choice.

You never read about that, because no researcher would ever in the history of mankind present those two options in a case study on human decision making. $10 vs. $100 ($110, apparently you can port your Nost character over).

You are mixing the Time Value of Money-example and the Risk-Aversion example.
1. TVM: $10 is worth more today than in one month because of interest, in which case Nost would be the ideal choice.
2. Risk-Aversion: You have 100% chance of getting $10 or 50% chance of getting $25. Most people choose option 1 because they are risk-averse, allthough the riskier option is the one with the highest expected value, thus the rational choice.

what I wanted to say was that people run to thr first available option in most cases. Some will reconsider when more options appear on the market.
Like when the iphone 1 was brought to the market. They had the biggest market share (of smartphones) very quickly. When android phones became better and better (also more popular with apps) alot of people switched. And that is a better example as both iphones and android phones have diehard fanboys.

I am all for kronos, I would say roughly 1kish people playing on nost were originally kronos people.

What is going to be hard is the fact that many ( myself included ) are going to have a hard time rerolling after so much time invested.

Thing is most people that are invested in Nostalrius are just going to reroll when they get to the dungeons and raids and are frustrated by bugs in content that 100% matters.

Thing is most people that are invested in Nostalrius are just going to reroll when they get to the dungeons and raids and are frustrated by bugs in content that 100% matters.

How do you know that the content that matters is frustratingly buggy?

If they don't add dozen of scripts after their beta, everything is almost pure stock mangos, sure that dosen't mean it's buggy.. just a little bit lifeless.

Sick of seeing that name around here, your shady ass server is already released with more bugs than here, and this is beta with a (wonderfully transparent and active) bug tracker.

Go pollute your own forums/server, maybe try Tetris or something while you camp quest mobs for hours only to realize it's broken later on.

Kronos will open, people that were killing time there will leave, the nasty attitude most nos fanboys seem to share will only hasten more departures over the realization that "this is just another copy paste shithole."

People interested finding adventure in the "Next Generation" of classic servers, for times to come, naturally have/will/should test/try/experience all available options, and come to their own conclusions!
...like everyone will; )...

Thinking through the whole population issue the last few days have left me with the conclusion to not worry about it.

Even if Nostalrius 'wins' on population, my rough estimate still concludes that Kronos will have all the population it needs to be hugely successful, I count 4 different 'types' of future Kronos players in this:

1. The people playing Nostalrius while waiting for Kronos, alot of people have waited for Kronos for a long time (and from what I've seen on Nost and Kronos beta, Kronos will bring superior quality), even if this category is only 5 or 10% of Nostalrius' current population (and I believe it's more than that) it's still a darn lot of players.

2. The testers, there's quite afew people messing around in the Kronos beta, these play will all fairly surely be playing on Kronos upon release.

3. The non-testers, I myself am in this category, I don't have the time or skills to do extensive testing on the beta and I tried Nostalrius and found it inferior, so I'm just patiently waiting for the real release, there's gotta be more people than me doing the same.

4. The friends, people who doesn't follow the private server scene and aren't anticipating a specific project's release, but are good friends of all the players of the above 3 categories and will start playing with them on release.

Add up all those people and I don't really think we've got anything to worry about, even if Nostalrius may end up with more people playing, who cares if we have enough people to FULLY populate a vanilla server?

Jeez, the irony of this comment is off the charts...

Maybe if the post was on nos forums, yeah it would be.

the nos fanboys do nothing but promo their server here, riding on kronos' coat tails to get population, then brag how they're best etc, flaming any who disagree, even the neutral, objective players who were on the fence. I held my silence long enough, real tired of all the talk about a server that nobody was really hyped for to begin with.

I got to 20 on Nostalrius and got massive lag spikes in every dungeon I was in, plus terrible ping in general(NA player here). Several warlock abilities weren't working properly, and any boss that had adds was buggy because the adds didn't despawn or reset properly. Decided not to invest any more time into Nostalrius and just wait for Kronos.

Leveling up is also a massive pain due to the spawn rates and the total # of mobs being way too low.

Leveling up is also a massive pain due to the spawn rates and the total # of mobs being way too low.

Hehe, the Barrens chat on Nost told me I am the reason retail wow sucks these days, because I thought spending 45 minutes in Northern Barrens and only getting 2 tagged mobs for the quest "Miners Fortune" was a bit too much.

Because, you know, running around waiting for respawns was the foundation of vanilla wow, what our hopes and dreams were made of, what defined the game as a piece of contemporary art. Apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Nostalrius win = More ppl -> have level -> true fun beggins -> why level again ?

Why did I never think of this? So that was the master plan all along! Speed - as a source of competitive advantage.

Hehe, the Barrens chat on Nost told me I am the reason retail wow sucks these days, because I thought spending 45 minutes in Northern Barrens and only getting 2 tagged mobs for the quest "Miners Fortune" was a bit too much.

Because, you know, running around waiting for respawns was the foundation of vanilla wow, what our hopes and dreams were made of, what defined the game as a piece of contemporary art. Apparently.

Yeah, waiting 10 minutes for objects to respawn or 5 minutes for mobs to pop back up is HARDCORE and makes you a good vanilla player, not anything actually related to skill.

Absolutely agree.
Coming from a Lv. 30 Rogue on Nostalrius.

A couple of things I find hard to stand on their server.
1. The toxic community in /world chat. Wow, its A LOT of just toxic players. Don't know how else to put it.
2. There are some minor bugs I first could live with, but after 30 VANILLA-OVERPOPULATED levels it starts to bother me.
3. Like number 2, at first I could live with it but its starting to become very annoying: The dc's and rollbacks every too often.

So yeah take it from me aswell, I love playing on that server but I'm DEFINITLY going to check Kronos out and I cencerely hope you guys come with a more stable server with less bugs and a better community.
The experience of a brand new server opening up with so many players was absolutely vanillatastic and I wanna experience it on a better server so that my time feels better spent.

Dont know how about you but im getting worried what awaits us on 28th.
Less time everyday yet more bugs everyday,but not more fixing. I dont know what staff thinks about this, do they continue the pace of random fixing, reset on 27 and continue fixing from 28th?
At this point i dont care about quests or visuals in the world anymore, id rather have working classes and dungeons.
After continuing playing on nostalrius meanwhile im being filled with despair that there wont be a good place to play vanilla, just "feenixes" with somewhat better scripts here and there and varying degrees of population.

I believe in Chero. He's the only GOD we have. If anybody can prepare this server for release, it's him :smile:

That's cute to say, but check the bug report and you'll see that Amord does a lot as well.

Yeah this rationalization I don't get. I played a bit during the beta and from the retail launch and I don't remember having to fight for mob spawns or quest objects. As a someone who didn't knew the mmorpg mechanics or the existence of thottbot all quests just... happened. No rage or doing /target macros. But if my WoW experince would've started like in Nos, my highest char ever would've been lvl 1.

Reading the Reddit forums I've grown to f'ing hate the word "blizzlike". It's used as a some meaningless catch phrase in style you see only in marketing people and politicians.

I've noticed while chatting there's been loads of players who haven't played vanilla or private servers before. It makes sense Nos seems incredible past from the blast or any un-blizzlike :)angry:) feature is taken without questions. Because there hasn't been anything to compare for. Yup that's why I enjoyed when I made my first private char in ED. I'd wager Kronos will be relatively more popular in the private scene veteran circle.

I've noticed while chatting there's been loads of players who haven't played vanilla or private servers before. It makes sense Nos seems incredible past from the blast or any un-blizzlike :)angry:) feature is taken without questions. Because there hasn't been anything to compare for. Yup that's why I enjoyed when I made my first private char in ED. I'd wager Kronos will be relatively more popular in the private scene veteran circle.

This is exactly what I was thinking lately and I believe you are right. The one on ED may've not been my first private char but it was superior quality[yeap] to other vanilla servers i was playing. Plus of course - omg so mani ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom