• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest beef with Nostalrius is actually the population. It's simply too big at the moment to be enjoyable to play on.

If the population Nost doesn't go down in the next 20 days, i'm sure there are going to be alot of frustrated players that are willing to try out Kronos.
If not..*Shrug* ....who knows? :)

Ps. It will also be interresting later on to see how Nostalrius handles over 500+ lvl 60 instances running at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're interested in PvE, server size is more or less irrelevant. If you're interested in both PvP and PvE, then server size is a very real concern. Nostalrius supposedly hit over 6k online this morning, which is impressive, regardless of how you look at it.

Hopefully Kronos will average around 2k, otherwise I don't see a whole lot of people like myself who are interested in both facets of the game spending the time to reroll another character.

Me thinks the reason they dont put bug tracker now, only in "few weeks" is because they dont want it to be flooded with many bugs reports, because it would look as full as kronos and shatter the poor zealots image of "perfect server".
5 years of online and they dont even have a bug tracker lol.

Well it turns out there is a lot more classic wow players then we thought and I don't think population will be such a huge problem. I think it might be 2000-3000 in first week, since many players are playing on Nostalrius while waiting for Kronos. After couple months I guess/hope both servers will have 4000 online and everyone will be happy.

I am not sure that Kronos can recover. I personally haven't tested their stable beta because I have been playing on another server but I hear that the scripting is decent. I like that Kronos has had a bugtracker for a while, but that's really the only plus.

I am still surprised about the amount of people still debating this topic, just leave it be srsly. If you are for Nost, go over to Nost and play, if you want to play on Kronos keep calm and wait for the release, meanwhile make an character, test some of the beta, report the bugs and gg. But of course its easier just to QQ and panic, than to put some actual effort into it. It`s not just the server staff that has to attract the players to their server, its the community that should try to do the same, after all this is a private server and they don`t get to do invest thousands of dollars into the marketing to lure the customers.

So instead of debating on this topic for more than a week, go in-game and help this community grow.

I am still surprised about the amount of people still debating this topic, just leave it be srsly. If you are for Nost, go over to Nost and play, if you want to play on Kronos keep calm and wait for the release, meanwhile make an character, test some of the beta, report the bugs and gg. But of course its easier just to QQ and panic, than to put some actual effort into it. It`s not just the server staff that has to attract the players to their server, its the community that should try to do the same, after all this is a private server and they don`t get to do invest thousands of dollars into the marketing to lure the customers.

So instead of debating on this topic for more than a week, go in-game and help this community grow.

Couldn't agree more. This thread is pointless and only serves as a place for nost members like Shadowlurk to advertise his preferred server.

Couldn't agree more. This thread is pointless and only serves as a place for nost members like Shadowlurk to advertise his preferred server.
I never advertised any server. I simply stated "I personally haven't tested their stable beta because I have been playing on another server". You are incriminating me based on your personal interpretation.

Holaver, rescue us!
I am considering it because I deleted quite a few potsts from this thread during the last few days and muted at least three people for plain advertising. There are people who don't think Kronos can recover but expressed their opinions in a polite manner that is as acceptable as any opininon in favour of Kronos. But some posts were just pure trolling.

We like having this forum as open as possible and let you discuss even our competition to some degree, but that DEFINITELY does not mean that you are free to post their videos here and say "hey, look at the cool world PVP they have there" or "they are really fast at fixing bugs, look at what they have done so far!". I do not exactly remember what word is used in the forum rules, but I think that everybody can imagine what "promoting" or "advertising" means and behave accordingly.:smile:

I've noticed while chatting there's been loads of players who haven't played vanilla or private servers before. It makes sense Nos seems incredible past from the blast or any un-blizzlike :)angry:) feature is taken without questions. Because there hasn't been anything to compare for. Yup that's why I enjoyed when I made my first private char in ED. I'd wager Kronos will be relatively more popular in the private scene veteran circle.

Trying to not sound like an elitist asshole here, but I'd prefer if the private-server noobs stay on Nostralius. My impression is also that there's a lot of newcomers to the private scene on Nost, and it is a nightmare to play with them.

Had a merry good time in RFC with the priest spamming PWS on cooldown and renewing me on every pull causing aggro going haywire. Also noticed the curious rogue behaviour of exposing armor even though sunder is up.

Anyway, if the knowledgeable and resourceful part of the community chooses Kronos that is enough for me. Debating and yelling with the new kids on the block has already gotten me banned from Nost.

Well it turns out there is a lot more classic wow players then we thought and I don't think population will be such a huge problem. I think it might be 2000-3000 in first week, since many players are playing on Nostalrius while waiting for Kronos. After couple months I guess/hope both servers will have 4000 online and everyone will be happy.

I think 2k is a reasonable figure to look for after Kronos' first 30 days. Players that missed out on the level race on Nost due to no mobs (dynamic zone mod respawn wut? lol), are looking for less bugs and an actual bug tracker, or are tired of the 4chan Meme community will check Kronos out for sure.

And hey! Regardless of the figures we end up with, we can be relatively certain they won't be artificially inflated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9GpJx1m7A

When DodgyKebab makes a Video Review of Kronos and if its positive, there will be a wave of new people. I hope Kronos staff will be willing to help DodgyKebab with the making of the review.

When DodgyKebab makes a Video Review of Kronos and if its positive, there will be a wave of new people. I hope Kronos staff will be willing to help DodgyKebab with the making of the review.

He started evaluation Nost, stating that it will take him about a month to review every aspect of the server. He only does one at a time, so once he finishes, I guess its one month for Kronos afterwards.

He started evaluation Nost, stating that it will take him about a month to review every aspect of the server. He only does one at a time, so once he finishes, I guess its one month for Kronos afterwards.

Yep I'm worried about that too - it gives a lot of advertisement to Nostalrius since Kronos review will take some time to create so random players might just join Nostalrius because of the video.

We have 100 people online on Beta. I doubt there's more than 10% of community who really care, who test, or who PvP for being wiped soon - at least 90% just want to play the real game. So, 1k online on Kronos live at least. 1.5-2k - more likely. It's just great. 555k? Not necessary. Just as 1666 developers.

I was looking forward to Kronos...nowdays, I am just worried about this project and its existence. Cos of N.....I think, it digged the grave for Kronos :-/

But perhaps he will compare it to Kronos as well. He can, after all, freely login and compare things as he like.

Edit: Deleted pointless rant
You're too self-critical. Even through I'm not agree with your estimations and wanted to remind you about the dynamic spawn timers that should make leveling on Kronos comfortable on any population, your post had a lot of interesting and "nice-to-read" points... But nevermind, it's up to you to delete something :)

We have 100 people online on Beta. I doubt there's more than 10% of community who really care, who test

I think it's even less than 10%. For example. I'm very eager for Kronos to come out but once I checked the stuff out I was curious to see I was done with the beta. I don't want to spoil my vanilla experience by seeing all the stuff I'm meant to see once I reach higher levels. I'm sure this is the case for most people.

Anyway, I feel like this thread should be closed. It just serves as a platform for a few misguided people to advertise Nos and badmouth Kronos.

I`ll just leave this video here.

Also a friend of mine noticed something really really strange about Nos when he logged in the Night Elf zone. There were level 1-4 gnomes in the area... Call me crazy but who would be an idjit to come all the way from Coldridge Valley to Teldrassil at level 1? Smells like fake to me.

Also for the people that are so desperate and can`t predict the final outcome, just DEAL WITH IT and have some fucking faith in Kronos and it`s team, you are not helping with topics like this.

Last edited:
Can't compare the beta population to N live population. We will see what happens on release date :) Tbh Kronos should win, they are fair and provide way better quality. In the end people will notice this!

I`ll just leave this video here.

Also a friend of mine noticed something really really strange about Nos when he logged in the Night Elf zone. There were level 1-4 gnomes in the area... Call me crazy but who would be an idjit to come all the way from Coldridge Valley to Teldrassil at level 1? Smells like fake to me.

Also for the people that are so desperate and can`t predict the final outcome, just DEAL WITH IT and have some fucking faith in Kronos and it`s team, you are not helping with topics like this.

I saw a guy streaming, and he was leveling a mage (don't remember the race), and he was leveling with several other human/gnome/dwarf guys in Teldrassil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom