• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nastalrius Begins...

Nostalrius Begins, comes out of nowhere, mysterious dev team, been in development for how long? Take a look at the list of bug reports piling up in thier support section.

My thoughts, Kronos has been in development for some time now, they're open about what they are trying to do and you can appreciate the effort that they are putting into it. They are gaining traction and drawing attention in private server community, as we come close to the release of Kronos Nos pops making claims i find i hard to believe. Anyone else get the feeling they are just juicing Kronos' balls?

Much hate in here, Nostalrius is a good sever, just #dealwithit.

Actually I don't see much hate here. I just see different people expressing their own opinions; some of them in favor, some of them against. Just natural competition!

Anyways, if something Kronos and Nos have in common, is that both are much better than Failnix :lol:

Re: On Nastalrius Begins...

Well ok then, however i have read through a fair few threads although, although some have questioned or pointed at the honesty of there (Nos) claims i havent seen anyone express the same cynicism that i was going for :laugh:

Ontopic: Will Kronos recover?

Yes. They can win with quality, but hey have to work very hard this month. There are some really time consuming Bug Reports that needs to be addressed (I don't envy Amrod that has to work on one of my bigger reports).

Offtopic: Nostalrius is sounding more and more like Motel/Feenix child. Buggy as hell, no attention to detail, Staff censoring criticism etc.

I am quite fond of Kronos, as long as reports of testers like you are fixed in time! Great work man ++

It's Impressive how u report some bug...and after 2/5 min some Gm answer you about the bug(in Bug report i mean).It's good enought for me.Have a lot time to polish the server....ever if kronos release now gonna be better than another : )

Hi.

I have taken the time to read through the whole subject :)

I've been testing Kronos Beta in Night Elf starting zone, Darkshore and Ashenvale up to now. Having played on many private servers and having been Database develloper on one private server myself, i can only say: Astonishing quality.

Amazing how the casters comme towards you if you hide behind even the smallest tree... so many quests that work which i have never seen working on any servers... Maginificent scripts - and mob damage and abilities are fine too and beeing improved constantly... i will advertise this server among every private server player i know ^^

As for the "recover" thing.... I seriously wouldn't wanna have 4k players crawling around:D There will be enough players to group up with, to come as close to the original experience that existed back in the days as possible... i'm glad :) And those who think that Nostalria is a server with little bugs, offering a good experience... well, they can stay over there, that's fine with me :)

As for the "recover" thing.... I seriously wouldn't wanna have 4k players crawling around:D There will be enough players to group up with, to come as close to the original experience that existed back in the days as possible... i'm glad :) And those who think that Nostalria is a server with little bugs, offering a good experience... well, they can stay over there, that's fine with me :)

Wow...It's like you read my mind and then posted it on the internet!.. Amazing!

I've sworn not to write anything about the very uninteresting server here, so I'll write about Kronos.

Kronos have nothing to recover from now. The only thing that can really hit Kronos is DDoS and/or stability issues. There's my very hope that Kronos will deal with it. If so - nothing will stop us from getting the best Vanilla experience here.

If u like to see something borked, create pala go fighting, look numbers.
Dunno was the first char i created.. still level 3.

Been crawling the forum for a couple of weeks since i discovered this server, and decided to create an account now to pitch in.

Haven't played wow since mid-wotlk so when I found this was quite excited about it! But it was taking a bit long and soon after i heard about another server (Nostalrius) so I decided to try it out while waiting for this one.

Before even trying out the server you get a sense of professionalism here that's on another league compared to Nostalrius.

After trying it out... well, the one thing they have going for them is the population. The bugs are there and plenty and the way they deal with them is just completely obscure, which makes me believe there are MUCH more bugs than you can observe as 1 player.

Also, the population factor, if it doesn't decrease their server will die.

My reasoning is this:
I have complained multiple times about the respawn times, I'm met with silence from the devs and "It's blizzlike, they will never change it" from the more serious fanboys.

Now either they have no technical ability to change it or they just decided they won't. Either way, the server is going to dry. The chaos that was the first levels will repeat itself at 60. Imagine competing for Thorium with another 50 miners in an area. There won't be enough resources for the amount of players.

Of course this is just a guess from me, but I'm usually good at guessing.

Well, after all this, I just want to say that, yeah I'll be playing on Kronos, I'm not expecting it to be bug free, but I'm sure it will be better than Nostalrius from the start. And if the devs keep up the hard work it'll soon be running smoother than retail :biggrin:.

Sorry for the wall of text

The frustrating thing is that for months we were told that Kronos 2 was so brilliantly scripted and polished and only ever lacked population. Then another server came along and threatened to take a huge chunk of that vital potential population and Kronos just rolled over.

I've always supported Kronos and intended to play here, I spread the hype to many friends who also got excited for a good vanilla server. Now my friends are all on Nostalrius so that's obviously I will have to play too. I imagine that this situation has happened with many many groups of friends who will now all end up on Nostalrius because their friends are happy there and won't reroll. Popularity breeds popularity.

I imagine Nostalrius will be THE vanilla server for a long time to come, they would have to completely blow up to lose this following they already have. Kronos looks destined to be an exceptionally well scripted, but quiet, server. Same mistake they made last time! Perhaps some lessons in generating hype learned for K4?

Oh well, I will make an alt here, just to see what could have been.

I don't know about your friends really but I wouldn't settle for a stale burger and cold fries while I could have a juicy argentinian T-bone steak by just waiting a couple of hours...

It's not the quantity!

Well yeah that's what I was saying, ideally we'd all play on the least buggy, highest pop server with all our friends. Kronos (probably) denied us that opportunity by delaying release.

When it comes to deciding on a server to play, most people will pick where their friends play. It's obvious to see how that has a snowball effect.

Well yeah that's what I was saying, ideally we'd all play on the least buggy, highest pop server with all our friends. Kronos (probably) denied us that opportunity by delaying release.

When it comes to deciding on a server to play, most people will pick where their friends play. It's obvious to see how that has a snowball effect.

I don't really understand why you are so concerned about Kronos' population. You don't need 5k people for a server to feel populated. Not even close to that. And speaking for myself, having experienced sub par private servers in the past, I won't settle for a minor upgrade to those previous servers. I'd rather wait for something better. (as if a month is such a horrible long time to wait).

I have complained multiple times about the respawn times, I'm met with silence from the devs and "It's blizzlike, they will never change it" from the more serious fanboys.

Aye, I've been confronted to this times and times again those last few days while I was testing Nostalrius. Blizzlike is a religion to them, it gets tiresome. Even if tons of players are currently complaining about how boring it is to level right now, the purists are too stubborn to allow a temporary change, and the devs are in their pocket.

But their failure to adapt is actually a plus for Kronos, a lot of people will be leaving and might appreciate a more pragmatic server. However, the fact Kronos doesn't have much advertising going on, and that it still doesn't have much special to offer other than better scripts, the 10g respec and trees blocking LoS, might use some work.

Kronos used to be the most well known vanilla project before Nos started to hype theirs up.

As was said before, players that will stay in Nos even though it will clearly be of lesser quality are not the kind of players I'd enjoy playing with anyway.

With regards to population, sure 5000+ is impressive but leveling through that is absolutely hellish and you don't need half of that much to have an active pve and pvp population anyway.

and Kronos just rolled over.

It was a community decision, as far as I know. And it was for the best.

Kronos looks destined to be an exceptionally well scripted, but quiet, server. [...] Oh well, I will make an alt here, just to see what could have been.

Those are some far-fetched assumptions considering the server isn't even out yet. A huge chunk of the vanilla community knows about Kronos and once it's out they'll check it out, guaranteed. And I'm very confident that most of them will stay, even more so now because Nos turned out to be such a buggy mess in comparison. You just can't sweep the difference in quality under the rug.

On top of that I'd say that a big part of the community is just biding time on Nos for several reasons - fresh server atmosphere is usually fun (although it's a nightmare on nos because of the pop and the dev's unwillingness to adapt) and if Kronos does turn out to be shit, they can just continue their characters on Nos like nothing happened.

Why are some people so butthurt over one month in release difference anyway? Just one month after ten years of waiting! It's absolutely irrational.

The frustrating thing is that for months we were told that Kronos 2 was so brilliantly scripted and polished and only ever lacked population. Then another server came along and threatened to take a huge chunk of that vital potential population and Kronos just rolled over.

It was, and it still is. It's just that so many fundamental things got rewritten, to be scripted even better, that a lot of bugs were bound to reappear. And while Kronos polished and polished, the competition jumped at the opportunity to seize population, even though their scripting is lackluster to say the least.
That was always the thing with Kronos, they strive for functionality in the first place, while other servers strive for population. Let's hope we finally get both this time.

Why are some people so butthurt over one month in release difference anyway? Just one month after ten years of waiting! It's absolutely irrational.
The majority of WoW players are addicts and addicts need their fix. So no matter what you hear, they are going to check it out. And once they are there, unless the server is a complete failure, it's going to get harder and harder to pull them away with every passing minute.

Last edited:
You can compare this whole situation with an experiment i once read about:

A few hundred people were given the choice to either get 10$ right now or got promised to get 100$ in one month.
Most people took the 10$ because they did not trust to get the 100$ later.

Nost is the 10$. The big difference here is that after one month they can come back and get the 100$ (Kronos).
So why stick with 10$ when you can have 110$?
Keep this in mind when fearing of low Kronos population. Sooner or later most people will come to get their cash ;)

You can compare this whole situation with an experiment i once read about:

A few hundred people were given the choice to either get 10$ right now or got promised to get 100$ in one month.
Most people took the 10$ because they did not trust to get the 100$ later.

Nost is the 10$. The big difference here is that after one month they can come back and get the 100$ (Kronos).
So why stick with 10$ when you can have 110$?
Keep this in mind when fearing of low Kronos population. Sooner or later most people will come to get their cash ;)
I recommend watching http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_researches_happiness#t-1074245
A very interesting study on how people make decisions
A simillar experiment to what you're describing starts at 18:05

Also, your comparison doesn't really work, because in this case, you 1. have to "work" to get the money 2. the difference in entertainment value isn't as huge as you suggest 3. in order to get the second money, you pretty much have to throw away the first, the one you've already worked for a lot

I recommend watching http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_researches_happiness#t-1074245
A very interesting study on how people make decisions
A simillar experiment to what you're describing starts at 18:05

Also, your comparison doesn't really work, because in this case, you 1. have to "work" to get the money 2. the difference in entertainment value isn't as huge as you suggest 3. in order to get the second money, you pretty much have to throw away the first, the one you've already worked for a lot

True.
I wanted to sound smart, but now I feel stupid :(

Talking about money? I have to laugh at nost people naivity. Do they rly think that nost is doing it for free? Nothing is for free in this world.
Almost in every thread on their forum they hate Kronos donations. Imho nost team is hoping that players will donate because they wont manage server from own pocket. I just dont believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom