• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ok, I think it's time for a release date on BWL...

if i could decide, i would just look at the vanilla retail release dates and then slightly adjust them. release BWL and ZG a little earlier, maybe AQ just like it had been and possibly naxx even a little later, so we also end up having 1,5 - 2 years of fun (vanilla lasted 2 years).
this would still mean like 2 more months till bwl. sounds shitty, but its MCs and 1.12.1s fault!
Agreed.

if i could decide, i would just look at the vanilla retail release dates and then slightly adjust them. release BWL and ZG a little earlier, maybe AQ just like it had been and possibly naxx even a little later, so we also end up having 1,5 - 2 years of fun (vanilla lasted 2 years).
this would still mean like 2 more months till bwl. sounds shitty, but its MCs and 1.12.1s fault!

I'd be fine with this. Release BWL in 2-3 months from now and I think everyone would be happy.

Agreed.

Off topic: I also agree with HBK, BWL needs to be buffed in order to maintain healthy raid progress. Clearing in the first raid ID is not healthy. If it eventually turns out that BWL is too hard for the ''casual'' guilds who've never done it before you can remove the buffed version (Blizz used to do it all the time with AQ/Naxx and every TBC raid except Karazhan I believe).

BWL has been announced! Maybe the direction of this discussion could now be changed to what people think of the release date. I think it's a very good date, far enough off to give us enough time to farm it to the death, but not so far off it turns t1 in to a slog!

Very excited!

I'm more interested in the Silithus part at this point.

Does this mean we will get Earthstrike, Rockfury Bracers and other very strong pieces added in 1.9 (AQ) already? If so it's far too early.

Time to bump this i believe...

It's august in a few days and we still don't have a set date or atleast a way to know when i august bwl will hit our private azeroth. :)

Chero won't release an untested BWL. Unless there were some test already you will not see it sooner then 3-4 weeks (if even).

Time to bump this i believe...

It's august in a few days and we still don't have a set date or atleast a way to know when i august bwl will hit our private azeroth. :)

The post specifically says "mid" august, so we're still not quite there yet.

BWL is already able to be tested by anyone who wants to take their time to go to the PTR.

Why is BWL out in PTR anyways? It kinda ruins the flavor BWL release will have for me because guilds will start practicing there and the instance's "difficulty" in terms of playing as a team, adjusting tactics, trying out new methods won't happen - which is one of the biggest and greatest aspects of PVE - because people already know how to proceed if they took sometime to test it. And don't come with "Oh it was released 10 years ago you should know how to do things by now", this is clearly wrong because watching a movie, or trying to remember how you did things 10 years ago or watching tactics is not the same as being there yourself now and trying to progress.

Why is BWL out in PTR anyways? It kinda ruins the flavor BWL release will have for me because guilds will start practicing there and the instance's "difficulty" in terms of playing as a team, adjusting tactics, trying out new methods won't happen - which is one of the biggest and greatest aspects of PVE - because people already know how to proceed if they took sometime to test it. And don't come with "Oh it was released 10 years ago you should know how to do things by now", this is clearly wrong because watching a movie, or trying to remember how you did things 10 years ago or watching tactics is not the same as being there yourself now and trying to progress.

Meh, it may have been a long time ago but a great deal of people in the guilds relevant to your concern have been on other private servers and cleared this content quite recently, so there's already heaps of folks that are quite ready to clear this content *again*. Your point is a bit moot. I'd rather a release with very little in the way of bugs due to testing than some kind of random all bets are off release with our fingers crossed.

They should take their time with it. The only problem is that with every passing MC Id BWL gets easier. Don't rush it, but also don't wait for too long.

BWL is 90% mechanics while MC is 90% gear. It was going to get cleared the first night even if it was released 2-3 weeks ago.

Raiding isn't going to be a decent challenge until AQ40 and Naxx when the mechanics start getting harder to pull off reliably and you start running into another huge gear wall like pre-raid->MC.

Top Bottom