• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Transfer From Another Private Realm Provider

Bnanaboat

Hello All,

So a few months back I decided to try a Vanilla WoW server for the first time, not knowing what I was doing. I googled for a server, and Nost was the first one to pop up, so I dedicated all my time to there.

Fast forward a few months, with BWL released and after 2 nights of server lagged and DCed raids, I'm kind of frustrated. This, coupled with all the blatant favoritism some guilds receive from the staff and questionable bans, I'm getting frustrated.

This all got me thinking, how much of an undertaking would it be for this server, to copy characters of people from the Nost server? Could it be done? I would gladly pay a fee, and I wouldn't bee surprised if people from my guild would too, to transfer to a more stable, professional server.

Hey, sorry to say but this topic has come up on several occasions and afaik the official position of server is that no transfers from other projects is allowed on Kronos at this point :sad:

I know the vanilla grind is crazy long but as someone who has played on Kronos since launch and on their other projects I can say with absolute certainty that your time investment is safe here.

Wish i could be of more help.

I think Chero should think about transfers from Nost because both servers have the same content, so there wont be any differences between characters. Plus there arent any achievement on vanilla so there is no need to delete them. I personally think that pop would increase drastically

From the other thread: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/100678-Nostril-Closing-BWL-Because-of-Bad-Scripting?p=768919#post768919

I would, indeed, open free migrations. Open 1000 spots and transfer all the level 60 characters to Kronos, give them an average green questing equipment + mount + skills + a bit amount of gold, like suggested above. What can be done is what was done on a WOTLK server I played on: the server's stuff would create a level 1 character on another srever, see if the person asking for a transfer has a level 80 or not. Then just create that character on their server, and voila. Not hard but a bit long of a process.
If free, limited-spot transfer would open now, it would be filled pretty quickly. Even if it were only for level 60s. And, of course, even tho we would inevitably get some trolls, more people would come along on the following weeks.
This migration would increase the population of the server greatly without making it overpopulated and toxic-filled.

Twinstar have bad experience with transfers (from cca 40000 transfers on their wotlk server, only 500 players remained) and so it will probably not happen.

http://www.twinstar.cz/faq/?lang=en

FAQ

Before asking about something related to the server on our forum or IRC chat, please read these short FAQ and use the “search” function on the forum. Almost all of your possible questions have probably already been answered and you will save your as well as our time.

Q: Do you transfer characters from other servers?
A: No, we do not, but you can use our character auction containing characters properly leveled up by TwinStar players. These characters can be purchased for Stars available through the DONATE system. By purchasing the Stars you also financially support the server.

My personal opinion was and is "yes, I'm for the very careful and restricted transfer".

You can read more about different people opinions in this thread. And despite some arguments, Chero gave the clear "no" there. Should we protest more, or should we show some respect to Kronos main admin's principled stand? This is not a rhetorical question :)

I have witnesed at last 3 servers allowing server transfers to increase their population. None of them exist anymore:huh:

So, even though I personaly don't have anything against it, I think that it will just not be worth the effort in the long run.

I have witnesed at last 3 servers allowing server transfers to increase their population. None of them exist anymore:huh:

So, even though I personaly don't have anything against it, I think that it will just not be worth the effort in the long run.

Why not? Please argument. Ive seen it 2 times and it worked both.

please no! no transfer anymore!
I can just underline that no character transfers are going to happen on Kronos.

again:
you can use our character auction containing characters properly leveled up by TwinStar players. These characters can be purchased for Stars available through the DONATE system. By purchasing the Stars you also financially support the server.

please lock this thread, nothing good will be here...

edit:
here exists one reason, why arent transfers succesful: if i play on other realm and i havent any motivation quit there and start here on Kronos, so here is nothing in the whole world which can help me to change trains and play on Kronos.

People must want change realm. If so and they are lazy (busy IRL) they can use stars and character auction. Here is no other way.

sorry for my english, please your attention on red words

Last edited:
I just put this in the other thread but I meant to post it here.

--------------

There's an angle to this that those in favor of transfers may not have considered. While its long-term effects could be considered irrelevant by some, it's perfectly understandable that this may very well be an element of the argument.

Put simply, stuff is broken on Nost. Really broken. People get boss kills on Chromaggus (the MC damage buff applying to raiders without MCing them) and Nef (drakes only coming out of one side, yes, only 1 color nef fights) every week due to terrible scripting and un-catered bugs, and this goes on un-tampered and un-attended, this goes back all the way to Ragnaros in the beginning (sits idle if no melee). Players abuse profession nodes and loot spawns (sunrazor bug), amass tons of gold. The server "works" on a base level enough to draw people in but the dirt is in the details here, there is some seriously unacceptable and incompetent coding going for that realm that people have been exploiting *since day 1*. We're talking weeks, no, months of undeserved loot and gold, months of exploitative farming and any number of deeds.

It is because of this alone that trying to copy folks' characters is not only a massive undertaking mechanically, but the logic between the two realms and how a player on either realm has attained what they have are under vastly different circumstances that if argue for this type of feature you *can't* just say "oh well they did it on Nost so they can just get it here for free". There are so many things to consider.

In a way it harms the organic "purity" (for lack of better word, I know it's cheesy) of Kronos. We couldn't be sure anymore that anyone did or achieved anything exactly the way you did. The bloodline is severed for what are essentially "foreign" players with no Kronos history and therefore they could even have affects on such things as economy, faction balance, and guild dynamics. It's sort of like the human body, where your body "rejects" a foreign object (transplantation or just a sickness in general).

They leveled, raided, and played their days in a *vastly* different environment, so different that I simply do not see the conversion as being 1:1. So if this were to actually be considered, we're talking lvl 50s with full green gear and 10g to their name maybe at most, and most importantly, and extremely strict method of proving that they are indeed of a certain level from their source realm, and even furthermore, making sure their source realm's character is deleted. NOTHING ELSE. None of their epics, belongings, or anything else. They need a viable starting point to begin writing their personal Kronos story without any sort of adverse affect on the purity of Kronos as a well developed realm, and even giving them that much, could be considered a bit much. To copy them as a whole would be to accommodate their poor choice to remain on Nost in the first place. Sure there are innocents who simply came upon Nost and refused to do any research (what an intelligent person might do) on where they should roll, but the world doesn't spin for any one person.

I just put this in the other thread but I meant to post it here.

--------------

There's an angle to this that those in favor of transfers may not have considered. While its long-term effects could be considered irrelevant by some, it's perfectly understandable that this may very well be an element of the argument.

Put simply, stuff is broken on Nost. Really broken. People get boss kills on Chromaggus (the MC damage buff applying to raiders without MCing them) and Nef (drakes only coming out of one side, yes, only 1 color nef fights) every week due to terrible scripting and un-catered bugs, and this goes on un-tampered and un-attended, this goes back all the way to Ragnaros in the beginning (sits idle if no melee). Players abuse profession nodes and loot spawns (sunrazor bug), amass tons of gold. The server "works" on a base level enough to draw people in but the dirt is in the details here, there is some seriously unacceptable and incompetent coding going for that realm that people have been exploiting *since day 1*. We're talking weeks, no, months of undeserved loot and gold, months of exploitative farming and any number of deeds.

It is because of this alone that trying to copy folks' characters is not only a massive undertaking mechanically, but the logic between the two realms and how a player on either realm has attained what they have are under vastly different circumstances that if argue for this type of feature you *can't* just say "oh well they did it on Nost so they can just get it here for free". There are so many things to consider.

In a way it harms the organic "purity" (for lack of better word, I know it's cheesy) of Kronos. We couldn't be sure anymore that anyone did or achieved anything exactly the way you did. The bloodline is severed for what are essentially "foreign" players with no Kronos history and therefore they could even have affects on such things as economy, faction balance, and guild dynamics. It's sort of like the human body, where your body "rejects" a foreign object (transplantation or just a sickness in general).

They leveled, raided, and played their days in a *vastly* different environment, so different that I simply do not see the conversion as being 1:1. So if this were to actually be considered, we're talking lvl 50s with full green gear and 10g to their name maybe at most, and most importantly, and extremely strict method of proving that they are indeed of a certain level from their source realm, and even furthermore, making sure their source realm's character is deleted. NOTHING ELSE. None of their epics, belongings, or anything else. They need a viable starting point to begin writing their personal Kronos story without any sort of adverse affect on the purity of Kronos as a well developed realm, and even giving them that much, could be considered a bit much. To copy them as a whole would be to accommodate their poor choice to remain on Nost in the first place. Sure there are innocents who simply came upon Nost and refused to do any research (what an intelligent person might do) on where they should roll, but the world doesn't spin for any one person.

Exactly my thought too, very good written Zipzo.

They will turn a blind eye to this same as players did with feenix for 5 years.
Not sure why you feel the need to discuss flaws of other projects while we have our fair share of them aswell. Just differently.

Transfers... please don't. You think its a good idea, but it isn't. Allowing transfers is equal to admitting you are a shit server who can't pull players otherwise.

I think Chero should think about transfers from Nost because both servers have the same content, so there wont be any differences between characters. Plus there arent any achievement on vanilla so there is no need to delete them. I personally think that pop would increase drastically

Zipzo already explained why this isn't true but I'm going to reiterate to strengthen the point;

The servers are only the same at a theoretical base, a want to reproduce the Vanilla experience. Everything else is different. The difference between a character leveled to 60 in Nost compared to a character leveled in Kronos has the possibility of being leagues apart. Basically, Kronos characters never had the chance to abuse economy and game breaking bugs. There were never any instances of Alcors Sunrazors (or any other item) being repeatedly loot-able here, no chance for the market to get flooded and characters to get over geared in the first week. There was no possibility of using broken scripts to beat raid bosses with ease and with characters that may have had no business doing so at their gear level. Hell there's even a significant difference in the support staff there, if the rumors of GMs spawning items and killing bosses for certain guilds they were in are to be believed. To allow a character that cheated to get their gear and loot to come over here and be called comparable to a person of equal items is a slap in the face of everyone who has put any amount of time into this great server. It cannot be allowed.

But I wouldn't mind if they were given a 50-60 level character with greens (maybe a few blues, possibly from class quests), a regular mount, 4 12 slot bags and ~10 gold after proving they had a level 60 character over there. They would only be allowed one character transfer though and I don't really care what happens to their copy on the other realm. Maybe send the Nost staff a list of players that transferred and let them do as they will.

I don't think this will ever happen from what Chero and Twinstar staff have posted, especially regarding their past experiences with transfers. Though if they do start having second thoughts, I'd like my opinion to be known.

Zipzo's point is spot on when it comes to characters themselves and the fact we don't know exactly how their characters levelled and earned items/profession levels etc... There is zero way for us to know that the 60 transferring in didn't cheat at all. While some may not have, it's not worth the chance. Further to this Chero has already come out and said a flat out no and unless he comes out specifically and retracts this (don't hold your breath) further discussion on this subject is moot. The character auction is there for this purpose. If you're that interested in having a higher level toon to start on the ground running, use the character auction.

Last edited:
Characeter auction is always empty. 10 chars all under lever 30 for thousends of stars.

As much as I want a few more people here, a lot of stuff written by people before me mad e alot of sense.

I would love if people who decided to migrate, got a level 55 or 60, fully greened out, with perhaps a few blues and 10 gold to start with. No matter what gear they had on Nost. But that's never gonna happen is it.

If they don't want to level up a toon from level 1 on Kronos that's fine we don't need them here, it's time well invested but that's their lost not ours. Not switching boats due to laziness isn't a reason to open an option to char transfers or free 60's.

Zipzo's point is spot on when it comes to characters themselves and the fact we don't know exactly how their characters levelled and earned items/profession levels etc... There is zero way for us to know that the 60 transferring in didn't cheat at all. While some may not have, it's not worth the chance. Further to this Chero has already come out and said a flat out no and unless he comes out specifically and retracts this (don't hold your breath) further discussion on this subject is moot. The character auction is there for this purpose. If you're that interested in having a higher level toon to start on the ground running, use the character auction.

To those who wishes to abandon ship on Nost and likewise I'd reckon they'd be pleased even with a naked character with the same level as the one they have on their specific 1x server. Not ever do I believe it would be feasible to offer anything more (as reputations, gear, gold, etc) being copied over from other realms.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because people recognize the value of a character on Kronos :smile:

60s on auction get snapped up real quick!

(3rd party sellers)

To those who wishes to abandon ship on Nost and likewise I'd reckon they'd be pleased even with a naked character with the same level as the one they have on their specific 1x server. Not ever do I believe it would be feasible to offer anything more (as reputations, gear, gold, etc) being copied over from other realms.

Would love that option.

I truly don't think I have time to level and meet the goal of seeing and participating in the AQ Event. I only can play on the weekends and when I do I might gain 2 levels. Some weeks I don't even gain a full level.

((For those about to say it. I never heard of Kronos until I saw Smooth McGroove playing on it. By then I was already on Nost and fairly established. I've also heard on these forums that Kronos's project has been shut down before due to lack of population or something.

It's taken me nearly 4 weeks to make lvl 40. With /played 6 days. -- Ya. I'm that slow at leveling))

Just to mention, Nost was relaunched from the same reason as well. But they call that 2 years before "beta".

Don't know the history of it all. I just got the itch to play after Valkyrie's AQ event that I missed out on. Some how stumbled upon Nost and started playing. Then saw Smooth McGroove Twitching from Kronos and looked over here.

((I like the trailers. Shame the population isn't higher :( ))

((I like the trailers. Shame the population isn't higher :( ))

Ya know, if people would quit using population as a crutch/excuse for not coming over, it would be higher. Fact is the population is OK and is only getting better.

Top Bottom