• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Improving your in game experience, network changes (feedback appreciated)

Im EU with 15MS(used to have 90ms) and player positioning/desync is still really bad. I can charge someone and cast piercing howl and the piercing howl wont hit but I can autoattack etc.

Dont sound like a network issue if you can hit autoattack but not abilitys :p

I have 2000 ms during raid time... and 16 if i go you know where.

And it's back to 150-175 past prime time, you are sure you can't do anything? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came here to add something to the melee issues. I played on my very lowbie rogue here couple months ago, and the best way to hit mobs with a backstab after gouging them, was to basically just run around them spamming backstab. Otherwise knowing when I'm behind them was simply guesswork. I don't know if this is related to what everybody else is saying, but when I've played you-know-where, I've had no such issues. When it looked like I was behind the mob, I was behind the mob.

As for pings, I don't really pay much attention to them (they're always low enough), but IIRC my ping before K2 and any of that was 40 something, during K2 it was 70-90 and now it's back to 40 something. This is from the UK.

Just came here to add something to the melee issues. I played on my very lowbie rogue here couple months ago, and the best way to hit mobs with a backstab after gouging them, was to basically just run around them spamming backstab. Otherwise knowing when I'm behind them was simply guesswork. I don't know if this is related to what everybody else is saying, but when I've played you-know-where, I've had no such issues. When it looked like I was behind the mob, I was behind the mob.

As for pings, I don't really pay much attention to them (they're always low enough), but IIRC my ping before K2 and any of that was 40 something, during K2 it was 70-90 and now it's back to 40 something. This is from the UK.

Sounds great, we are looking into the attack issues atm.

Last edited:
Hi, after few nights of tries, i can say that it's unplayable for me and maybe most french from 5pm to 11pm (250ms + spike and freeze) and then ping become Ok.

It seems you can't/won't fix it, so the solution might be a VPN right? how should i proceed to not get banned trying to set it.

It seems you can't/won't fix it, so the solution might be a VPN right? how should i proceed to not get banned trying to set it.
Jeniczek once said me that VPN is not bannable anymore. Confirmed by me playing for a couple of months with VPN and without a ban.

Hi, after few nights of tries, i can say that it's unplayable for me and maybe most french from 5pm to 11pm (250ms + spike and freeze) and then ping become Ok.

Hi, Its 100% fine to use a VPN now.

The reason for the higher latency from 5PM to 11PM are because of the French providers "cheap" out on the International Bandwidth, so some traffic that goes outside France will have really high latency peak times, this is not an issue if you for example only watch movies or browse the web but if you play game it will be a horror show.

Lets say "FREE" have a 100Mbps connection to the outside world (outside France) and in the mornings 40Mbps will be used, this will result in the latency will be "amazing" and after 5PM when everyone comes home from work and starting to watch netflix or any other streamingsite the network will go up over 100Mbps and maybe even to 200Mbps, this is called overselling and would not fly in Sweden atleast with there customers.

So im afraid to get a good latency the ISP needs to upgrade there BW, change your ISP or get a VPN in a datacenter in France with good connections.

Last edited:
Thank you for your continuous attention to the matter :smile:

So, if you are stating that French providers "cheap out on the international BW they buy", you are implicitly telling us that Kronos was hosted in France before?
Because it does not explain why Brochette and Co. had merely ~40-60 ms before these Twinstar-related changes went into effect, which doubled or tripled it and are causing freezes etc. for them.
EDIT It also does not explain why Southern and Eastern Europe players experience no change in their own latency.

Last edited:
Thank you for your continuous attention to the matter :smile:

So, if you are stating that French providers "cheap out on the international BW they buy", you are implicitly telling us that Kronos was hosted in France before?
Because it does not explain why Brochette and Co. had merely ~40-60 ms before these Twinstar-related changes went into effect, which doubled or tripled it and are causing freezes etc. for them.
EDIT It also does not explain why Southern and Eastern Europe players experience no change in their own latency.

This is correct, Kronos was hosted in France at OVH before the switch we made so french people was not sending data outside there own country.

--
Updated my last post too
--

Last edited:
My ms was awesome after the network change, however a few days ago I started lagging again and am back to pre-changes levels. Not sure if you've made any changes in the last couple of days but rip PvP.

I sent an email to Jeniczek, but got no response, so I'll post here as well. Last week during our AQ40 raid, nearly half the raid group was experiencing an extended period of high latency (15,000 - 18,000 ms). It occurred at approximately 4am server time last Thursday, and lasted for 1-2 hours. During this time, it was completely unplayable for all those who were affected.

The curious thing is that a temporary fix was discovered. By deleting their WDB folder, and relogging, our players were able to reset their latency back to "good" levels for several minutes. However, after a few minutes, their latency would skyrocket back up into the 15,000 - 18,000 range.

During our raid last night, (approximately 3am this morning going off server time) we again had issues with a half-dozen or so players experiencing high latency. But this time, deleting their WDB folder had no affect. They were all NA players, from various parts of the USA, and have different ISP -- so it's not as if the issue is isolated to one specific region or ISP.

Figuring out what is causing these issues should be extremely high priority. It's incredibly demoralizing for our players to log on for a raid, only to suffer through hours of unplayable lag, while at the same time not have any issues on the other project. If it doesn't get fixed, there are a handful of people in my guild who I wouldn't be surprised to see quit soon out of frustration, because trying to raid with 10,000 ms each time just isn't fun...

Now around 50-60ms, before 80-100ms. Location: Southern Germany (where the good beer comes from).

Last night's (3am - 5am this morning server time) was more of the same. We had 8-10 people who were experiencing high latency THE WHOLE RAID, and were extremely frustrated. Please work on finding a solution!

Last night's (3am - 5am this morning server time) was more of the same. We had 8-10 people who were experiencing high latency THE WHOLE RAID, and were extremely frustrated. Please work on finding a solution!

If deleting your WDB folder helps its not network related for sure.

Why did this get reverted without announcing anything? Plans on permanent fix? 90ms>15ms>back to 90ms :(

Why did this get reverted without announcing anything? Plans on permanent fix? 90ms>15ms>back to 90ms :(
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think Kronos are still getting DDOS'ed. I don't think this has been reverted but either way, it would still be nice with an update.

Top Bottom