• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Petition against multiboxing

If you control one character/account at a time (like alt tabbing) that doesn't qualify as multiboxing, even on Blizzard servers.

So, multiboxing is basically an AI hacker program that controls our another healer character account while we aggro several orgrimmar pigs? Pfft... What a casual way to play the game, just imagine doing a world pvp with your friend against some opposite faction dudes and figuring out that the dudes is kicking our asses because he is a multiboxer... Even the alt+tabbing process is more challenging than this.

I'm against it and whoever do multiboxing deserves a ban on all its accounts!

Last edited:
Its not, you are allowed to do that.
Really, alt+tabbing is allowed? So what was the point of "Multiboxing, on which we reversed our previous stance and unanimously decided to ban it altogether."? I thought that there was "no third-party software, alt+tab is OK" and there is "no. any. multiboxing. at. all!" now..? :)

Just asked, alt tabbing is allowed. You just can't use software to control the game instances.

I agree with alt-tabbing/reduced size multicharacter control because this requires an high skill level from the player and it's almost impossible beat someone controlling 2 or more characters at once, but I'm all against addons that plays the game for us.

Gladly, the adms has forbidden this cheating methood and allowed alt+tabbing. I'm not an alt tab user and apart of not seeing the sense of doing such thing, I acknowledge someone's habilities when they can play nicely that way.

So multiboxing is banned? Where is it written? Because I still see in the rules, that it is not forbidden.
I am not multiboxer, I'm just trying to find out if there is some new version of rules, so I can read them again and be up-to-date :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zarquon
Dear future Players,

Multiboxing, on which we reversed our previous stance and unanimously decided to ban it altogether.

The Kronos Team wishes all of you a Merry Christmas!

Alt tabbing between two accounts sounds legit and while I am strongly against multi boxing, I might take advantage of it just to deal with Elite monsters in open world questing in areas like Loch Modan or Hinterlands. For PvP though, I'm staying away from using multiple characters for one good reason.

If I bait someone to fight me in open world with one character while a second one (a Nelf Druid in shadowmeld) suddenly fires off heals and crowd control on my enemy, and I smoke them, it's a simple matter for them to Fraps it and make a hobby of stalking me to gather evidence that both accounts are being dual boxed. I have no desire to get banned, and I get the feeling that's precisely what the devs were aiming for with their decision in the announcement.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zarquon
Dear future Players,
Multiboxing, on which we reversed our previous stance and unanimously decided to ban it altogether.
The Kronos Team wishes all of you a Merry Christmas!

Where is this quote from? From some thread? Maybe it would great if they also changed it in the server rules, so newcomers also know that it's forbidden :)

Question on multiboxing

I see from the updated faq that multiboxing is allowed if your Alt-Tabing, cutting to my qustion, will i be able to use 3rd party software to tab between windows, example: using HotKeyNet to tab with my mouse?

Re: Question on multiboxing

I don't think this will be banned, imo it sounds just like a Alt+Tab macro. And almost every modern mouse supports macros. So i don't see any issue. But just imho..

That program is for when you are playing on 2 computers right? Why would you want to do that?

Thats what i thought too, its not against the rules as stated but i would like an official nod (or shake).

- - - Updated - - -

That program is for when you are playing on 2 computers right? Why would you want to do that?

I dont know what its made for, lots of uses i think, but i have used it for multiboxing before. Im not asking about this software specifically, just about using it or any other software to tab with a mouse for example.

I see from the updated faq that multiboxing is allowed if your Alt-Tabing, cutting to my qustion, will i be able to use 3rd party software to tab between windows, example: using HotKeyNet to tab with my mouse?

http://www.hotkeynet.com/
According to the description on their homepage this program would indeed be a violation.

With HotkeyNet, you can perform complex actions involving many characters with a single keystroke no matter which PCs the characters are on.

Let me elaborate:
Here's a simple example. You could define a hotkey that you press on computer A to perform actions on several computers simultaneously
It is not allowed to use software that copies keystrokes, mousemovement or any other sort of input to more then one instance of the game. Every action has to be done by the user directly without help of 3rd party tools.

Alt-tabbing between multiple WoW windows and controlling each independently is considered direct user input as you can not control 2 characters simultaneously.

Last edited:

According to the description on their homepage this program would indeed be a violation.

Let me elaborate:

It is not allowed to use software that copies keystrokes, mousemovement or any other sort of input to more then one instance of the game. Every action has to be done by the user directly without help of 3rd party tools.

Alt-tabbing between multiple WoW windows and controlling each independently is considered direct user input as you can not control 2 characters simultaneously.

So any software that you could use to clone keystrokes, even if your not using it for that purpose, is banned?

If the software gives u the possibility to do something forbidden, why should it be allowed?!

Because it can also be used legitimately? Id like to use it, within the rules, if i cant thats fine, its good to know whats what though.

And that's why imo multi-boxing (even alt-tabbing) should be banned altogether. No misunderstandings like this and no grey areas just one simple rule.

I fail to see how this would be used legitimately. You are giving the control of your characters to a software.

It has many uses, some are against the rules some are not, it depends on how you would use it, i would use it to alt tab and to do a picture in picture (split screen) type of thing, which doesnt break the rules.

Let me get this straight.
You plan to have multiple wow windows open right next to each other. Lets say 4 (split somewhat like this [+] ).
Each character in each window has to be controlled seperately for it to be legit. To wave with all 4 characters you would have to tab into each windown and type /wave.

If this is what you plan to do then I fail to see the necessity for a key cloning programm like hotkeynet. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom