• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Petition against multiboxing

He does have a point though. Multiboxing relies more on advanced lua scripting than key broadcasting, or at least that's the best way to handle it. And if you have things set up right you wouldn't even technically need to alt-tab. It's not hard to set up WoW so clients are activated on mouse-over, so if you tile your windows you could just mouse over and press a single button.

In the end it would probably be easier just to say "you can't run multiple clients in a cooperative manner" but I think that would discourage a lot of people from making alts since they wouldn't be able to assist with their mains.

Omg it will require to ask friends to help them, or to find other people of the same level for this. This is outrageous! This is madness! The requirement to play with others in a multiplayer game - how they dare!

and you would have to ask a friend or random for help when you want to be boosted ? omg you actually have to rely on others and your own social abilities such as asking or paying someone gold to help in worst case ? or to ask in public if anyone has the same quest or want to do a dungeon ? really much social effort, please just ban all others so i can play along with my 5-100x accounts so that i never get offended and so that all help me and are there any time of the day without even needing to ask and give me all i want...

omg a mmo that requires you to be social :blink:...

kinda obvious what i am hinting at here, it is a mmo so you are meant to play together and help each other and not a single player game.

Last edited:
So what, ban alt-tabbing too then. So what? That's exactly the point that I made.
Beause some people still don't know a 10 year old game well enough to realize how easily abused these kinda "special" rules are. Either do it or don't do it, but don't half-ass the rules.

In the end it would probably be easier just to say "you can't run multiple clients in a cooperative manner" but I think that would discourage a lot of people from making alts since they wouldn't be able to assist with their mains.

Maybe there can be a compromise where only dual boxing is allowed. Dual boxing has been around since early EQ possibly earlier.

Back 2 the topic.
Corecraft Q12 Multiboxing -- Am I allowed to multibox?
"A: In short, no. You are, however, allowed to use multiple characters at our realm concurrently. The thing you cannot do is use a third party software or hardware to simulate or duplicate keypresses to any underlying warcraft window on your desktop. Unless you are manually inputting the commands to your top window, you are breaking the rules."

This seems like the best solution.

I agree.
However, I have already described another situation which evades the quoted description (multiple computer setup = one desktop, one wow). And since it was quite expensive example, I will give you a better one.

I have an addon. When it's activated and someone whispers to you "follow", your character will start following him. When you whisper "attack", char will start autoattacking your target. You can imagine the rest of the commands.
How will you detect that and fit it into the rules? Basically you write a command and the addon does an action, it works the same way as Decursive, Grid, Healbot, etc.

Off-topic about font colours deleted. The forum rules don't state anything about it, and I don't think there is any problem about it if the text can be read without any difficulties. Of course, if you try to use like 10 colours in one paragraph, you will be asked to calm down. :smile:

Off-topic about font colours deleted. The forum rules don't state anything about it, and I don't think there is any problem about it if the text can be read without any difficulties. Of course, if you try to use like 10 colours in one paragraph, you will be asked to calm down. :smile:

I don't understand why you're posting this in this thread?

Dunno about you Rerun, but I'd appreciate being informed why that whole page 17 of "Petition against multiboxing" simply disappeared...

I don't understand why you're posting this in this thread?

Probably mistakenly placed here instead of the other one with the whole font color debate. Can't find it now.

[Edit]
Oh so it was this thread. Whole posts gone missing, I think there was constructive feedback on it to be honest. I was also giving a personal thanks to Wind with that post, hope he seen it.

Last edited:
Dear future Players,

Multiboxing, on which we reversed our previous stance and unanimously decided to ban it altogether.

The Kronos Team wishes all of you a Merry Christmas!

Called it. And yes, it will be a merry Christmas this year.

there is no positive aspect for a multiboxing, it will only cause issues later on and if it isn't added from the start then all the MB'ers will start to complain when they add a rule or filter against it.

adding multibox will only result in single account vs multibox accounts, on blizzard multibox dies on it's own due to the heavy cost of expansions + subscription but on private they can make as many as they want for limitless bank, single player dungeon/raid, single player vs others battleground or win trade or kill trade...

I see no reason in repeating the arguments you already presented and I see no reason in continuing the discussion about allowing or forbiding multiboxing, because the official decision has been made and multiboxing was banned completely.

Wow is meant to be a "social game" (fk off facebook), not a game to someone create 1947 accounts to play at them at the same fodendo time. If you wanna play like that, you should try WC3, or if you want to play an open world RPG with a party alone, then you should buy Skyrim and put some mods on it to allow you to recruit more than only one follower to aid you through your questing, and voilah, you have your party.

Playing a Massive Multiplayer with single player intentions is as ridiculous as having a facebook account and only add your fake account as friends.

Well, this can unbalance the server economy too much, and there's the "chinese businessmans" who will receive to raise someone else's level, it breaks totally the sense and objective of the game.

Blizzard allows it because they actually receive $15 mensally for each account (box) open and their game are actually a shit made for casual and weakling players, but Kronos will be a free-to-play server.

I wonder how can someone non-asian control 5 accounts at same time by making precises tecniques, the 2 seconds alt-tabbing delay is terrible, mainly when the tanker is dying and we need to switch to the healer..

Last edited:
Well they use a program for it they don't alt tab between their WoW clients.

I was wondering if alt-tabbing falls under multiboxing? Like putting a high lvl char on follow to help you level an alt?

Top Bottom