• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Last Week's Team Meeting

zarquon

Dear future Players,

as several of you have already been asking impatiently on the forums we would like to give you the promised overview of the results of last week’s meeting.

First of all we are happy to officially welcome LaraDorren and filvorja to the Kronos Team. filvorja has already been contributing to the Kronos Project in the past and LaraDorren is a long time member of the community. Between the two of them they will increase staff participation on the forums and in the future possibly also on social media platforms. As they are now privy to most internal matters you can expect answers to your questions faster than was previously the case.

Second result of the meeting is that long time TwinStar developer Esso, recently responsible for maintaining and developing Ares, the TwinStar TBC Server, will from now on be assisting in the final stages of Kronos development. We are sure this will significantly accelerate our current rate of development and keep the delay of release as short as possible.

Another result you have already been made aware of on Sunday is the Test Account Giveaway via Facebook. So far we are very excited with the amount of participation and you can expect similar events in the near future.

Further topics discussed at the team meeting were:

Multiboxing, on which we reversed our previous stance and unanimously decided to ban it altogether.

Battleground-Queue commands, which will certainly not be available to level 60 players. However, we may or may not introduce some kind of additional queuing mechanics for lower level players. This will be decided at a later point and most likely not be made available at the time of launch.

Raidtuning, specifically concerning Molten Core, where we covered some interesting ideas for making bosses more challenging without simply tuning their stats, while leaving the fight mechanic as close to the original as possible. We will continue to develop these ideas but would only consider moving forward with this after overall positive feedback from the community.

Also there was something about the server hardware, a car and Russia....

The Kronos Team wishes all of you a Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to see you have more people, both more developers and more people talking to the community.
The test account giveaway is more fluff than anything else and pretty forgivable, hopefully you didn't spend too much time on it and that your "similar events in the near future" are more interesting.

Overall good news, great to hear.

I would also like to say that I'm positive about making the raids harder without significantly changing them. A lot of vanilla raids are very easy.

Amazing how the staff listens to what the community has to say! Also very happy that we are getting an extra dev!

btw, alt-tabbing 2 characters doesn't count as multiboxing right?

Merry christmas everyone!

Last edited:
I like banning multibox.
I dislike the idea of changing the PvP ques.
I also dislike the idea of tweaking MC.

All sounds good. Not a fan of the MC thing though. I could see some people being upset with that kind of change.

I'm with these two on not changing MC. Not so much because I'm a "die hard must be the original version," just mainly due to the fact that I haven't seen any vanilla private server have a completely working raid. Imo, if you have it working as it was originally, that should be the only alluring factor needed. Though, if people want it "harder," then bring in the classes that people want to play, rather than this incorrect, forum developed "wasn't vanilla viable" notion lol. Not getting into that can of worms, but I know from personal experience from vanilla retail and the private server scene, all specs were viable. Might make raids more fun for everyone.

All that sounds amazing, but please tune the raids only slightly!

Last edited:
interesting ideas for making bosses more challenging without simply tuning their stats, while leaving the fight mechanic as close to the original as possible

...is what feenix does and regardless of intention the end result is abysmal. Just keep things as blizzard made them.

All in all good news, and Merry Christmas + Happy New Year likewise.

Not bad at all....GJ!
Btw:Dont Upgrade MC at start.....what we say and what will be is not the same....let's see did we can kill it without upgrade :D
Merry Christmas at all :smile:

I like banning multibox.
I dislike the idea of changing the PvP ques.
I also dislike the idea of tweaking MC.

This.

Multiboxers suck, we all agree on that.

Changing PvP queues? Please don't, no matter what the level. It will leave the main cities so much more empty.
If you want to play BGs, you travel to your main city and queue up there. Or even go to the actual BG entrance in the world where the Reputation Vendors are and queue there. Im against custom queues for ANYTHING.

Tweaking MC? I'm not a big raider by any means, but I remember MC being a challenge when we first did it on retail. Now ofcourse every hardcore raider knows MC like the back of his hand, but.. I don't know, I'll leave it up to the Raiders.

Overall, good news :innocent:
But I am personally still hungry for a new ETA..

Good to hear some info from the staff. I'm glad, that multiboxing won't be allowed and I hope that battleground queue commands would work for players, while leveling. With raidtuning, I'm worried if it won't interfere with the raid mechanics or stuff. Even though I haven't done any raid, I'm not against tweaking it up.

P.S. Server hardware, a car and Russia... = 1+1+1 = 3... Half-Life 3 Confirmed! :yes:

Last edited:
Great news overall.

BG queues for 1-59 is one of the few non-blizzlike changes towards "easier" game, which I approve fully. I know it is a slippery slope, but I believe Kronos can keep it in the right spot.

Big fan of the raid tuning, since again, I trust Kronos stuff not to fuck things up. People forget that we're not on "other server" here. We can expect fine balance tweak, which will not be just bland HP increase, nor any major change in boss mechanics (added spells). That is a good way and always plus! Looking forward to raiding already!

Keep it up Kronos, and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Awesome, I like all ideas except the one about Molten Core since I'm one of the purists just looking for something as close as possible to the Vanilla time. Anyways they're planning to listen to the community step by step so that sounds good to me.

And btw Merry Christmas ! Damn this year I'm gonna miss the fireworks in Orgrimmar...

:biggrin:

Awesome, I like all ideas except the one about Molten Core since I'm one of the purists just looking for something as close as possible to the Vanilla time.

Sorry, but this kind of response is contradictory, and is bugging me.

Molten Core on release was difficult. Patch 1.12 Molten Core is not difficult at all.

You do not want Molten Core to be challenging at all. Are you really a purist then?

Actually we don't know anything about their version of Molten Core... I just hope that their interpretation of this raid in its earlier version will be good enough and not too far from the original one.

Actually, i think we knew some things about their pre-raidtuned version of Molten Core. I believe they had originally stated they wanted to keep the numbers exactly the same as they were on retail.

That may not sound like much. But if you played on Emerald Dream, this means that Molten Core is originally designed to be a walk in the park. Actually, me getting dressed, driving to a park, and walking through it on this rainy day is more difficult than finishing Molten Core.

Why? Because patch 1.12. Literally, that is why. The same goes for Blackwing Lair. It is not going to elicit any good feelings from raiders seeking the challenge that was BWL upon release. And that is a very good reason not to play on Kronos. I really want a great vanilla experience. Not just a great vanilla leveling experience.

Why? Because patch 1.12. Literally, that is why. The same goes for Blackwing Lair. It is not going to elicit any good feelings from raiders seeking the challenge that was BWL upon release. And that is a very good reason not to play on Kronos. I really want a great vanilla experience. Not just a great vanilla leveling experience.

hooooo dude relax, the news post clearly states that they might consider increasing the raid difficulty.
I don't understand why you would jump to the conclusion that everything will be a walk in the park and that Kronos is not worth playing on? They just said they want to tackle the problem, at least give them a chance first.

And for the people that want to make MC the pinnacle of vanilla raiding, don't forget there is also bwl, aq40 and naxx. You will certainly get a challenge at some point in vanilla raiding don't worry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom