• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Poll] Cross-faction donation mounts on Kronos?

lobbanid

Authorized
Hello!

What do you think of Crossfaction Donation Mounts?
Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/4324557

I personally i dislike this. I think the thought of the horde running on mechanostriders is detrimental to representing a vanilla experience.

I think the overall reaction to cross faction mounts may be negative to the population on kronos in the long run.

However, to all the other blizzard flavor content like murky pets, faction restricted mounts and such for donations go ahead! I think its important to support a great server!

rzmwUUU.jpg

9hxyl8b.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like it, ruins the feel of the game. Donation mounts are fine, but it should make sense gamewise...

I'm not too bothered by it, but I wouldn't mind if it worked as I'm told originally inteded - to be limitied to your factions mounts.

I do however feel like the price of these badboys is way too low as everyone and his mother seem to have one.

This forum has it's own poll. Strawpoll is not a good one, as you can vote multiple times.

There are things like IP changer.. I just managed to vote 3 times ^^
and you can create eMail-addresses easily to make 10 forum accounts, so you can vote 10 times on a poll too.

not sure whats worse.

I can't say I am a fan, and do wish the team will restrict the mounts at some point and have players trade in their 'wrong' mounts for another or for points.

The team never intended for mounts to be cross-faction. I would like to think they will stick with their original decision and fix it as soon as possible.

I chose "I don't care", because my answer was not there: "I agree because it helps the server and it is really not a common occurrence". I have yet to actually see a wrong faction mount in the game... Also, I don't think anyone is gonna spend 40 euros to look like a fucking ******, so no tauren on gnome mounts any time soon...

on horde side there are A LOT of ppl with alliance mounts.
you can support the server by buying mounts for your own faction too.

Last edited:
How's life ? this time they didn't catch me, and i loved the tip from IRC, just have the mailer better hidden than the mailed <3

- - - Updated - - -

No need for ScreenShots now, would be foolish to give myself away, i'll just silently enjoy kappa :)

This poll does not represent anything. Why? Cause most people who vote care about this anyways.
Might aswell open a Poll "do you like vanilla wow?" yes/no/don't care.

How does this hurt your gameplay in any way?

I don't like cross-faction mounts and I hope that they will be removed from the inapropriate faction.

I do understand why people say how could it hurt our gameplay but nowadays graphics are a part of it and if you play a game for about 10 years and from one day to the next you see something like these mounts it's just a double or quits effect.

It's not affecting my play but it is visually disturbing and could dishearten some players whether we like it or not. It all came from an error made by the TwinStar Team and should be fixed if only for the Vanilla feeling.

It doesn't affect the gameplay obviously, what it does is affect the vibe/feeling of the server. This is entirely subjective and there's no right or wrong answer here. Personally it doesn't bother me, but I realize that it bothers a lot of people and can hurt the immersion or vanilla feel.

This poll does not represent anything. Why? Cause most people who vote care about this anyways.

Very true. At most you can gather signatures asking for it to be changed, but it will never give you an overview of people's opinions unless you walk up to everyone and ask.

(...)

Then - Can I have transmog panel/NPC on pre-tbc, please?

@Psojed:
There are WotLK private servers
And there is retail, and it still does not change the fact that vanilla client does not support it
What I was saying was that WotLK client does not support it either (Cataclysm does), but you can make it to do so. You actually can do it on Vanilla too, because the way it is done in private servers is not client-sided, is server-sided. You can adapt the code from WotLK servers to the vanilla core.
I've even seen pre-transmog patch Cataclysm servers with it (even played on one), so its certainly possible.

Last edited:
You can't because your vanilla client does not support it :wink:

There are WotLK private servers with transmog, and it is isn't suposed to be supported either :tongue: It sure can be done, but most vanilla players wouldn't like it! (including me)

And there is retail, and it still does not change the fact that vanilla client does not support it :wink:

What I was saying was that WotLK client does not support it either (Cataclysm does), but you can make it to do so. You actually can do it on Vanilla too, because the way it is done in private servers is not client-sided, is server-sided. You can adapt the code from WotLK servers to the vanilla core.

Top Bottom