• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Poll] Cross-faction donation mounts on Kronos?

The Cross faction Mounts will continue to stay a feature.
I strongly recommend the entire team re-assess if this decision is a good one.

I made a very constructive (for the first time ever when it comes to Nost VS Kronos) thread on Reddit, gauging opinions on Kronos from Nost players and explaining why it's good to keep the two servers equal in population. Here's a comment I received...

Despite the fact that my guild is on Nostalrius and has no plans to move, I would never consider moving to Kronos unless cross faction mounts are removed entirely from the game and from every person who acquired one. This kind of thing destroys immersion and screams out that you are on a private server. The one thing that Nost does much better than Kronos is to truly act like vanilla with as few corners cut as possible.

If 1 person speaks his mind on an issue like this it's undoubted that there are many others who share the same feelings. A 10g respec cost or the character auction has the ability to not affect immersion, but this "mistake" has a very powerful effect on many trying to achieve that immersion. To some it may not, but this should be addressed.

Very disappointed in this verdict :/

Last edited:
Glad that there is an answer at last. Better than nothing, but... Sigh.

Ok, if you've already decided to reject us whiners in general - something constructive: increase the costs for a crossfaction mounts. 100 euro should be enough to stop this plague from spreading.

Actually, it's not such a big deal. For me. Personally. But, cmon, I'm a saint, most of people are not that tolerate to your mistakes​.

Last edited:
Terrible decision.. considering quitting.

edit: I changed my mind. I'm just never going to donate because I know this server will continue to pull cheap tactics like this to get donators money. I was honestly going to start paying 10 bucks or something a month because I love this server but seeing this money grab makes me realize this server will get much worse before long due to things like this. I've even told my guildies to hold off on donating until this is fixed.. such bullshit. Very easy to see the GMs never played vanilla and don't see what immersion means.

I cant see myself playing on this server for too long if the GMs don't understand what it means to have blizzlike integrity in the most simple areas to implement it. I will have to be brutally honest about this in my review of the server and on places like reddit ;\

How long until we can buy cosmetic horde High Warlord gear ? It's the same exact stats as alliance... I think we should be able to pay for that since they are just items...

Last edited:
edit: I changed my mind. I'm just never going to donate because I know this server will continue to pull cheap tactics like this to get donators money. I was honestly going to start paying 10 bucks or something a month because I love this server but seeing this money grab makes me realize this server will get much worse before long due to things like this. I've even told my guildies to hold off on donating until this is fixed.. such bullshit.
Good to see you won't leave just because of a (important, but) cosmetic aspect of the game.

IMHO that's not about money, but mostly about the fix difficulty. "Account Manager don't support" etc. They really have a lot of things to fix at the same moment... But I respect your decision, sounds like a wise compromise.

Remove cross-faction mounts, give back Stars or give the possibility to choose for another mount from the own faction.

Disappointing. If it wasn't a pvp server, I would have less of an issue.

id rather see TBC mounts given to people than cross faction mounts... Everything about opposite faction mounts on this server is just wrong...

First time I am really disappointed by this server.:no:
In general I think the Kronos team is doing an excellent job and I am very happy that I can play here.
But the cross faction mount ‘feature’ is in my opinion very bad and also it is very bad advertisement for the server in general.

Last edited:
I personaly don't care about that. The only thing that comes to my mind when i see gnome on kodo is: "Hmm, a donator."

Anyway, you demand GMs to fix the manager, delete mounts and refund stars. But many people donated BECAUSE they wanted these mounts. They would never donated if those were not availible and so they will demand their money back. And you can't blame them. Don't be naive, most players donate because of rewards, not because they want to help the server.

And when it comes to money refunding, I'm not sure, if, and how, it is legaly possible.

And another thing is, that we, who read forums, are minority of the community. I'm convinced that 90% of players don't care about these things and they just want to play well scripted vanilla.

And another thing is, that we, who read forums, are minority of the community.
yes, the majority will just leave the server or never come here because of such things.
most ppl want to play as blizzlike as possible, and when they know a better option, they will take this. so its in everyones interested to make this server this server. but such "features" let you drift away further and further.

HhgbLIM.jpg

U wot ?

4mGtZP7.jpg

Mounts wut u jelly ?

yes, the majority will just leave the server or never come here because of such things.
Always exaggerating... Please, don't talk for the majority.

Things are not that bad if one enables his imagination. I mean, why the heck Alliance races can drive a nightsaber and Horde races just can't? Are humans or gnomes better riders than orcs? There're always collectors, there're always masters of every kind in every race.

As a sidenote, even Tauren warlocks exists! They're just very few, all exiled and thus unplayable.

Imagine Blizzard never invented the restriction. I doubt you'd left WoW in 2004-2006 just because of this. It does fit in the lore from the certain point of view. Don't dramatize.

Again, I'm for the cessation/restriction of a "feature". But I personally will never leave because of such a GAME- AND IMMERSION-BREAKING!!1 thing. I have a game to play, not only other players' mounts to watch.

i really appreciate the way you contribute to kronos nimeralos. you're giving the server a lot.
so do i appreciate the devs really good job on making the game itself (scripts, bugfixes etc) pretty flawless and enjoyable. and gurky is a great GM.

however, im a blizzlike lover. so i came here from another server because i thought it would be more blizzlike here. so everything that does not feel blizzlike is a big draw back for me (i dont care much about the actual numbers). thats why such things (the cross factions mount are 1 part of) are a great negative aspect for me and make me pretty sad. others may get used to it or even like it, but thats not my business.

and you all know its not 2006 anymore, so we have more than 1 option to play wow we can choose from. everyone knows there are several good servers kronos competing with. and such a decision is not bringing you in any better position.

whatever, im not going to complaint/whine about it any longer. GL, HF

I personaly don't care about that. The only thing that comes to my mind when i see gnome on kodo is: "Hmm, a donator."

Anyway, you demand GMs to fix the manager, delete mounts and refund stars. But many people donated BECAUSE they wanted these mounts. They would never donated if those were not availible and so they will demand their money back. And you can't blame them. Don't be naive, most players donate because of rewards, not because they want to help the server.

And when it comes to money refunding, I'm not sure, if, and how, it is legaly possible.

And another thing is, that we, who read forums, are minority of the community. I'm convinced that 90% of players don't care about these things and they just want to play well scripted vanilla.
At first I leaned towards wanting people's mounts refunded, and I thought to myself that if/when I donate, I won't buy a mount from the opposing faction. I still generally lean towards the latter (except when it comes to raptors, owning a raptor is a humanoid right), but seeing as how these mounts can't be purchased in game at all, it doesn't feel all that weird to me anymore. I feel about them the same way I feel about the store mounts in retail WoW.

Being able to buy a mount that's been removed from the game is not very Blizzlike on its own, but this is still a long way from being able to buy in game advancements or implementing proper non-Blizzlike features.

most ppl want to play as blizzlike as possible, and when they know a better option, they will take this. so its in everyones interested to make this server this server. but such "features" let you drift away further and further.

It's not like I'm going to leave over these issues. However when I look at someone on an epic PvP mount, I no longer regard them with respect given the possibility that they bought it with currency outside of the game. There are a few different scenarios like this with regards to mounts and it definitely detracts from the experience.

Having said that, there might be some who would consider this a deal breaker. I think that's a bit dramatic, but to each their own I guess.

It's not like I'm going to leave over these issues. However when I look at someone on an epic PvP mount, I no longer regard them with respect given the possibility that they bought it with currency outside of the game.
Wait-wait, isn't it still impossible to buy any mount available in "normal" game for real money..?

Of course it's not. Only mounts not availible ingame are in the shop like white raptor.

Wait-wait, isn't it still impossible to buy any mount available in "normal" game for real money..?
Of course it's not. Only mounts not availible ingame are in the shop like white raptor.

Good to know! My bad.

In that case, I'm way more okay with the shop now.

Seriously guys, can you check The shop in the Account manager before you write a comment ?

This is a perception of some unspecified amount of people in game. It might be worth making it more obvious for the sake of those who don't frequent the website or the forums, that they might not be disgruntled for no reason :)

First time I am really disappointed by this server.:no:
In general I think the Kronos team is doing an excellent job and I am very happy that I can play here.
But the cross faction mount ‘feature’ is in my opinion very bad and also it is very bad advertisement for the server in general.

Exactly my thoughts :(

Thank god and the heavens that Kronos is not Blizzard, to sell you flying mounts and then remove flying :laugh:

everyone knows there are several good servers kronos competing with
No, there aren't, they are all SHIT. I'm not kidding. Or trolling.

This is such a terribad idea, I can't even who thought of it.

To me the kronos team has been doing great but this is just immensely retarded.

A gnome on a kodo? An orc on a nightsaber? I know we all have our "limits" on blizzlike but fuck me does this take the cake.

Yes, I'm seriously considering leaving because of this. My eyes bled as soon as I saw a gnome on a kodo. This screws up the whole experience, wtf, seriously, who the f thought this was a good idea?!

Keep the donation mounts but keep it faction restricted wtf. Or yes, lose even more players, I'm fucking sure of it.

The question is: Are we going to loose more players by removing this or by keeping it?
Sadly, I'm sure nobody can answer this question.:no:

We ain't gonna lose anyone that's not completely insane. Seeing a gnome on a kodo once a year is not "omg this is so not blizzlike". There aren't cross faction mounts everywhere, following you around, just to "destroy your immersion". As if this retarded Blizzard decision, which is totally arbitrary and makes no sense logically speaking, has something immersive in it. "Oh, we decided that orcs can't ride a cat. Why? Well, because we can, no other reason"

In the end, this server, even as good as it is, is actually very very VERY far from blizzklike. All the mobs, all the quests, all the scripts are only approximations and guesses, based on old ripped data and, for fucks sake, youtube videos. The pathing is not the same, the line of sight is not the same, 3 billion little things are not "blizzlike".

"Blizzlike" is a lie, and this is not 2005... You should try to appreciate the effort and have some fun :rolleyes2:

We ain't gonna lose anyone that's not completely insane. Seeing a gnome on a kodo once a year is not "omg this is so not blizzlike". There aren't cross faction mounts everywhere, following you around, just to "destroy your immersion". As if this retarded Blizzard decision, which is totally arbitrary and makes no sense logically speaking, has something immersive in it. "Oh, we decided that orcs can't ride a cat. Why? Well, because we can, no other reason"

In the end, this server, even as good as it is, is actually very very VERY far from blizzklike. All the mobs, all the quests, all the scripts are only approximations and guesses, based on old ripped data and, for fucks sake, youtube videos. The pathing is not the same, the line of sight is not the same, 3 billion little things are not "blizzlike".

"Blizzlike" is a lie, and this is not 2005... You should try to appreciate the effort and have some fun :rolleyes2:

While I'm okay with the mounts system now, I don't think the logic you are using is constructive or a good basis for a server which strives to be Blizzlike.

Also I will appreciate the effort and have fun without accepting your logic :tongue:

Top Bottom