• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

1v1 Tournament

Would be more interested in 2v2 or 3v3, maybe even 5 v 5 events like this, personally

1v1 can be a little uh, silly in vanilla.

maybe in time with a few more gear pieces, rule tweaks, bug fixes and spare time I'll be attending as a warlock.

I didnt dodged any mage^^ Just capture and ret palas raped them... can duel everytime they want =)
Next time u can match me only with mages:biggrin:

Last edited:
Gratz to all participants and everyone who made the event possible, too bad I couldn't see some encounters (my Internet doesn't allow me to watch streams either). As opposed to some, I especially appreciated the longer, more balanced matches, although I guess I'll have to find me some way to have HP bars displayed even at greater distances to more easily appreciate how the encounters develop.

My personal feedback with things to improve on/special appreciations:

THE BAD:

- Matches played by the winner had to take place in DM arena due to his sub-par hardware;
- Poor advertisement by the staff (first and only server-wide announcement cast few minutes before the event started, with loads of people still totally unaware of it whole while it was ongoing);
- Yells maybe not the most effective way to inform people (too much spam), maybe temporary access to .announce command or similar Event Master privileges for organizers in the future would do;
- The tournament table was incomplete/unuseful to properly follow its progress.

THE GOOD:

- Amazing turnout (almost 400 people on the bleachers);
- Freakish draw distance (you could see every single player from literally everywhere in the arena, on a similar event on ED you'd barely see fighters at its center even from the ledge... on Lagstalrius the arena would have probably seemed deserted);
- Some longer fights proved the decent balance of tournament/rules (i.e. Spasi vs Hershal);
- Great support from the GM team providing security service;
- The effort put by Perplexity, showing once more how even a single person can make a difference.

THE BAD:

- Poor advertisement by the staff (first and only server-wide announcement cast few minutes before the event started, with loads of people still totally unaware of it whole while it was ongoing);

Well, we did advertise it on our social media leading up to it this week. Other than spamming announcements every now and then (which could be done, but could lead to player irritation) I am not sure what else we could have done as we had been promoting it on Facebook/Twitter.

Also, as this was a player run event our staff were not directly involved with any aspect of setting up this tournament or running it. We attended as peacekeepers and watched each player to ensure "banned" stuff wasn't used.

Great job overall, I could watch some bits with the stream and I had lots of fun doing that :D . Cheers Perplexity! Keep a video or screenshots of it, streams end up vanishing over time! ^^

The event had been announced at least since January 9th on Facebook and Twitter. I know I wrote about it a couple times on the Horde world channel when it was still young and others did too. Maybe a server-wide announcement could be planned to happen once every night at peak time for 5 nights until an event [that has received Kronos support] happens? I doubt a single message a day feels like spam.

We could have also written about it on Reddit / wowservers and /KronosWoW in retrospect...

Further suggestion : GM stay hidden during the event.

I'd love to see a message about it on http://www.kronos-wow.com/ .

Last edited:
GM stay hidden during the event.

Most of us were. We had 4 team members present. We chose to have 1-2 visible in order to ensure that players knew there were gms around as a hope that it would help keep the peace. Other than some rowdy crowd, we're happy to see that matches weren't interfered with. But thank you for the feedback. if there is another event at some point in the future, your feedback will be discussed among our team :)

Most of us were. We had 4 team members present. We chose to have 1-2 visible in order to ensure that players knew there were gms around as a hope that it would help keep the peace. Other than some rowdy crowd, we're happy to see that matches weren't interfered with. But thank you for the feedback. if there is another event at some point in the future, your feedback will be discussed among our team :)

I see, that makes sense, I didn't know about that. If I wasn't very clear, what stuck to my eyes were mostly the scarab mounts running at full speed. Presence to keep order is good but AQ hasn't come out, mounts can't be used in the arena, the speed is unusual and it is expected that gamemasters stay somewhat hidden. Maybe you will find an in-between solution. Critter model? Semi-invisibility buff? Invisible when farther than x yards? Dunno :p

if there is another event at some point in the future
*when* ! haha ^^

Well, we did advertise it on our social media leading up to it this week. Other than spamming announcements every now and then (which could be done, but could lead to player irritation) I am not sure what else we could have done as we had been promoting it on Facebook/Twitter.

I tell you... even I, although I try to be committed to the community as much as one could possibly be, barely check socials platforms, ever. Events like these can dramatically tilt the fate of a realm (in a positive way), and I believe server announcements wouldn't do any harm. Back on ED they were pretty frequent (they triggered every 20-30 minutes if I remember correctly), badly written and basically unuseful - links to forums, rules and such - and still players never complained because they were used to them and would just ignore them. Once a day would still be too rare, one on top of every hour would do much though. It could definitely worth a try at least, on the next occasion, to see what the players' response is and how the turnout is affected in the end. I believe at least 50% more people would attend, if not more, because hype is powerful... especially when it comes to realm wide events.

Also, I'm afraid I don't see much difference into officially supporting an event, and contributing to the jackpot + watching over it, as you did. IMHO, whenever the community is concerned, anything that's worth doing is worth doing it the best way that's possible, and that also applies to advertisement. Just my couple cents, of course ^^

Attendance:

Perplex been announcing the tournament in the world chat of both factions everyday for like 2 weeks? There was some last minute cancellations but a replacement was found in time for each of those.
Besides the event was capped at 24-contestants from the start, and thats what we ended up having i believe.

I did note that there was barely anyone attending who are currently ranking. The event ended up taking about 3 hours (honestly lost track of time i guess it was around that) - and the idea of getting 3 hours behind on honor may have discouraged some people. Perhaps for future events, especially 2v2 and 3v3 where a lot more people are needed, participants can recieve some custom-deserter buff, lasting 3 hours and granting 15.000 honor.

Rules:

Everyone know that 1v1 is what it is, but aside of that I think there was a lot of effort put into getting the rules down. For example the rogue v rogue would have been a weird sight. But then again re-arranging of brackets would be possible to prevent mirrors as long as possible, that was a good idea too.
I feel the Barov trinket perhaps was a tad too strong and should have been in the no-go list. Summoning those adds does take away some of the 'finesse' of playing a class that spends cd's to get a chance to get out of combat, which that trinket just denies flat out.
Maybe there should have been a -no drinking/eating past 10 minutes- rule or something.

Overall good event.

As long as the battlefield is plain like the Gurubashi Arena, casters will always have the advantage.

Would you walk out in the open in warsong gulch? Of course not. You'd leave yourself open to flanks from any direction. Utilization of the terrain is one of the most important aspects of pvp.

Except some mage(s) who deliberately approached the edge of the arena in their mage vs. rogue matchup, I didn't see anyone utilizing the terrain. Why is that? Because only mages have a means for instant movement in blink. That means they gain momentum by kiting from the edge towards the center and then to the other side of the arena.

Imagine how different some of the fights would've been if players had the opportunity to hide behind 2, 3, 4 large obstacles which obscure line of sight.

as d 2the avros said, feedback's always very welcomed. never hosted a 1v1 event before in vanilla so there were some holes but overall i think it was solid

there'll definitely be rules implemented for further events, such as barov being banned for lack of counterplay (quite strong in good hands), although goblin sapper charge could've been used which should've been specified in the rules but wasn't

drinks will be limited to add some form of pseudo dampening

regarding LoS - this will have to be discussed amongst the kronos team if it's ever to be implemented but above all you can't fully balance vanilla as it'll always be massively retarded

checked perplexitycya on twitch, but those streamed tournament fights cant be seen anymore. Any chance that they can be public again? Would be good to be able to link that when hyping the XP boost coming up.

checked perplexitycya on twitch, but those streamed tournament fights cant be seen anymore. Any chance that they can be public again? Would be good to be able to link that when hyping the XP boost coming up.

y, will be up soon

would you guys rather a highlight reel with the best games/moments or separate vids of every fight? (or both)
Both seem like good ideas but with short attention spans I would favour highlights (not too short either though).

would you guys rather a highlight reel with the best games/moments or separate vids of every fight? (or both)

All the stuff all the way if possible.
There should be always something to learn;)...
Cheers!^^

Last edited:

Definitely highlight reel, some duels were dragged on longer than it's interesting or had few noticeable moments outside the norm.(which is fine but it makes for less exciting footage)
Though I did miss about 40%-50% of the games cause Synched were been annoying little shits, so I decided to Queue up again.

And on admin side of things...
Don't make the stun debuff a magic one cause priests/palas were removing it.
And it was working less that half the time when people were initiating fights anyway, next time make it a teleport to Darn/TB. :shifty:

Last edited:
Don't make the stun debuff a magic one cause priests/palas were removing it.
And it was working less that half the time when people were initiating fights anyway, next time make it a teleport to Darn/TB. :shifty:

Good point about the dispell but I would go with something undispellable at all and 1 hour duration instead. Teleporting people could hit someone that fell by mistake / fleeing and make him miss out entirely on the event. That or he'll ask for a summon and be ready to jump again in a minute, which defeats the teleport.

Top Bottom