• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

ANOTHER 7X EVENT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

payne

guys i think you should do another 7x even this would lure alot of the players from nostalrius who cannot be bothered leveling on a 1x server and with the recent shutdown of nostalrius this would be a great idea to increase the number of players on kronos this will lead to a bigger + better community thanks for your time - payne<3

I hope not. We need more players in all level ranges and not only 60s. Besides even if only a fraction of players from Nostalrius joins because most don't want to level with x1 again, that would still be a lot of players compared to our current (pretty healthy) population.
Besides /who 1-10 already gives around 300 people so there seem to be enough players joining.

kronos have already stretched out its hand to the private server communities. some took it and now some wish they did. but handing boosted xp rates to 10k hungry players will not benefit kronos in the slightest. to the contrary it will probably be the biggest mistake ever.

if just 5% of nostalrius rerolls due to 1xp rates, we're still going to have about 4 new raiding guilds on both factions. after the latest xp-rates and increase in population we've already seen how the community has slightly changed. i won't say for better or worse, but it has changed.

if we get a 30% reroll rate due to another boost session, we might be inheriting some of the problems that earlier n0st rerollers were trying to get away from in the first place.

no thanks

Last edited:
Applying for Refugee Status.

I am Guildmaster of a US guild on Nost. I am trying to convince as many of my guildies to come with me to Kronos. A lot think that it will be a waste of time and Blizzard will shut down this server as well. But, the main thing that is holding them back is releveling all the way to 60 again after they had just done it recently.

I would suggest that Kronos do some sort of event to encourage players to level over here for a brief moment. Unless you all would prefer to keep the server pop low to discourage Blizzard from coming for you.

I read that the 7x thing was a 1 time thing only. Maybe, put on the thinking caps to do something that can encourage people to come here even if it is not 7x.

Last edited:
Re: Applying for Refugee Status.

I would suggest that Kronos do some sort of event to encourage players to level over here

That's what the x7 event was here for. I find it really funny that many players of Nost stated that Kronos is a fun server because of this reason and now wish for it to be available again.
Besides how many players from Nost this server can take anyway? The population is good now (I think close to the limit of a retail server back then) and you can already see a lot of people starting over. If too many players come here you might introduce the same problems Nost had.

I would suggest that Kronos do some sort of event to encourage players to level over here for a brief moment. Unless you all would prefer to keep the server pop low to discourage Blizzard from coming for you.

Damn, if only there was some sort of event that made it easier for players to level to 60.

Honestly, the only thing that would grab the attention of fellow nost players would be what you have already mentioned, which is some type of boost, or the ability to transfer over characters.

Character transfers have been common on private servers, but I think they were handled manually which would be practically impossible to do with all of nost.

Damn, if only there was some sort of event that made it easier for players to level to 60.

You cannot assume players from Nostalrius keep up with other realms news and information. But then again, it's not kronos's fault that we did not see it. Overall, I think it would be worth reintroducing a small boost.

But thing is that no one wants 10k players online on Kronos. It's too much. The "small" fraction of players that do reroll and level up will be boost enough, in my opinion.

Pretty much agree with Ermean, like, the only thing i would do is doing x7 on the weekends, and that as far as I'd go...
Who is interested on playing Vanilla is gonna come anyways, so... consider this kind of a filter so we don't ever get shut down by Bli$$ard.

The population is good now (I think close to the limit of a retail server back then)

We still have some room. Full realms in vanilla used to have around 20'000 different characters seen over 30 days (source : Realmplayers archives, 2005-2006, total average). I have been collecting character data with the Census addon for about 12 days on the Horde side and currently have 3791 Horde chars listed (before Nost announcement), with about 30-80 more per day I am quite confident I would have ended near 5000-6000 Horde, so about 10000-14000 chars total over 30 days.

No xp boosts, im pretty sure atleast 10% of the old nost pop is willingly to level x1, that would result in another 1k players (At the least). Which is enuf.

You do know how shitty playing on a 10k pop is right?

If only 1k players are willing to level x1 this will be more than enough.

People decided to not use it while it lasted, they need to accept the consequences by it and Level as usual. You had Your chance and did not take it.

I didnt even know this existed, me and my friends would def play if another 7x event happened

Categorically against it.

I am sympathetic to all former nost players, but in my view Kronos getting much bigger than now has very little upside and a lot of drawbacks. Not for it at all.

As said in the other thread this guy made all over the forums :

This kind of spam is one of the many reasons I was against this x7 event. Once you break a line of conduct, it stays forever broken in the mind of people.

So from now on, I guess we can expect to see a neverending stream of entitled lazy-asses who will ask for another handout over and over and over and over... because they saw it happened once.

I hope to hell not, there's already almost 1000 players (of which over half are between level 1-10) on horde side and it's mid-day on a Thursday, I honestly think the server might have hit a sweet spot when it comes to population. Ideally, close the account creation for a while and lobby for increased exp rates on some other server.

As said in the other thread this guy made all over the forums :

This kind of spam is one of the many reasons I was against this x7 event. Once you break a line of conduct, it stays forever broken in the mind of people.

So from now on, I guess we can expect to see a neverending stream of entitled lazy-asses who will ask for another handout over and over and over and over... because they saw it happened once.

and you will be there bumping their posts each time you cant resist the urge to say i told you so. yes we get it. we admit we saw both of these facts coming and felt it was worth it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom