• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Another locked thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiating an investigation with essentially "fuck you, you're guilty for hacking how did you do it nothing you say will matter because...." is not the kind of attitude of authority figures anyone here want to play on a server with.

From the beginning we were treated with disrespect, aggression, and condescension. How do you rationalize us maintaining a civil attitude?

[9:45:52 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/116mc6u/8
[9:46:22 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/219z08w/8
[9:46:43 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/29xdt1d/8
[9:47:01 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/28u4lck/8
[9:47:20 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/2uq2gwl/8
[9:47:46 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/2h82r9j/8
[9:48:05 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/3027wnr/8
[9:48:23 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/2i2268i/8
[9:49:03 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/2zzpx7n/8
[9:49:21 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/126a2df/8
[9:49:41 PM] (Channel) Buzz: http://tinypic.com/r/2n8bi38/8

Disclaimer: I am not Buzzx, but this is the information we(Volatile) was relayed. Last time I posted these SS's the thread got completely deleted, not just locked. Looks like you're trying to sweep us under the rug.

Thanks for posting that full series. As I play Horde and am a NA player (out of Cal state) I was curious as to what was going on, after all the shouting, name calling, and cursing at the GM's in the /world chat. This gives me a much better picture of what was going on.

So, um... A guild leader claims they had forgotten that they had previously raided MC in a short time span, gets called on it, admits that yeah, well, the extra clear was to 'make up' for whatever reason was being supplied, was called on a back to back entry of the raid for lizards for hands, and is called out for not only knowing that MC had been entered and used multiple times, but also for why.

Meanwhile... I'm looking really hard for the point where the GM started addressing Buzzx in an unprofessional manner, but all I'm really seeing is the GM being threatened with how much suspending the dishonest raiders with a temp 2 week ban will 'ruin the NA population'.

English is my first language (my Deutsch and Espanol are horrid) so I'm mostly certain I read the text correctly.

Pls learn to read english :winkiss: Not as simple as you make it.

Yes it is. Good riddance if you don't like it. I'm sure the other servers are better :winkiss:

But, this is a 10 year old game and we weren't hurting anyone or anything by doing this in my opinion.

That must be the most hilarious thing I've read this year :w00t:

From the beginning we were treated with disrespect, aggression, and condescension. How do you rationalize us maintaining a civil attitude?

You are a fucking cheater of epic proportions, what respect do you want?

Last edited:
Really… Bug was found, bug was reported (or not?), guild starting to abuse the bug, members got punished.
And now they start crying as a child? Really? Also I saw some kind of threats?:nono:
I can only say.. good work GM.:thumbup1:

I think….Case closed…:hammer2:

You are a fucking cheater of epic proportions, what respect do you want?

That was before the nature of the incident was even discovered. When we were initially accused of "hacking raid ID's to clear MC 5 times in one week" based on the gossip, speculation, and accusation of salty nobodies mad that our MT had almost finished their tier 1 set and making up stuff. Only later was it discovered that it was an actual server update issue the administration had known about and not made a warning about nor replied to the ticket we INFACT DID MAKE.

You can't sweep everything under the rug forever.

Troll more.

Naming the the topic "Another locked thread" to avoid getting it locked again just shows what kind of persons you are.
If I was a staff member I would just shut you down again like it was done before and lock this shit on sight.
You expect sympathy from anyone when you try to harm a project you obviously enjoyed playing on? Else you wouldn't be this upset about your bans.

Move on or sit out your 14 days. What ever you choose refrain from opening new pointless topics with no other intention then to denounce this servers staff.

All I will say is this:

We had our Onyxia reset. We tried, many, many, many, many times to get a GM to give us ANY kind of a response in regards to what was going on and how they would advise we handle it and after pretty much 24 hours of constant request for guidance (both in game and on IRC) and getting zero guidance from the GM's we, as a guild, decided to not kill anything.

My only recommendation is that in the future the GMs communicate better with their players about these types of events. The GM's are not innocent here. Especially when they are being bombarded (at least by us) with information regarding the situation. Just my 2 cents.

Edit:

Just want to clarify that I'm not trying to downplay the significance of the abuse that took place with Volatile. I'm merely suggesting that in the future the GM's learn and communicate better.

Last edited:
Troll more.
I would have imagined you already leveling on some other server by now. I hope you find a server where you can clear MC 5 times a day and you are treated with the proper respect :winkiss:

By Chero:

The fact, if you made a ticket or not, does not play any role here, we just wanted to know if you ever intended to report this. I really feel sorry for you if you think that getting 2-3x more loot from Molten Core than intended is right. I'm also sorry for the servers that "allow" such abuse of unintended instance reset.

We are aware of this issue and we know it might happen from time to time. However it does not mean you are allowed to do it.

Abuse of bugs/exploits or use of game mechanics in a way is not intended (ignorance is not a excuse)

Bans were given only to those players, who took part in any of the extra Molten Core IDs at least once.
We have been processing boss kill logs for several hours to get exact information - who, what and when.

Such statements like

I just joined that guild yesterday and never set foot in MC and they banned me with them. Whats funny is even the evidence the GM's provided proves they weren't exploiting/cheating.
are not true at all.

Try to get some perspective and look at your actions. This has nothing to do with being biased or corrupt. All this disagreement in here is mostly about you failing to even acknowledge what you have done.

No further discussion needed.

I think thats fair.

I highly doubt this statement.

Why is this so hard to believe? An NA guild gets even less help during our primetime from GMs, if any. Yes we made a poor decision going forward instead of just waiting but I figured when I reported a game breaking bug like that I would have gotten SOME kind of response ffs "don't do that" "wut". With MC resetting our Ragnaros kill that night, yes our judgement may have been clouded. I assumed the worst thing that would happen was the extra boss loot would be taken away.

We played the cards we were dealt, nice to know so many white knights around here.

@Varkings you're one of the very few actually trying to see our side of the story.

Noone here said we should have absolutely nothing done to us, I'm saying the punishment was unjust. Raid lockout would have been a very logical step considering it was a bug on the servers end, AND my ticket was not responded to or even read we didn't know how to proceed. I mean if you want to give me your phone number Chero I'll gladly call you up and get clarification next time just to be proactive and certain.

I highly doubt this statement.

Whats your point then? Obviously you came to the right conclusion, just like anybody else should do in that situation.

You miss so much important information it makes me sick. Like how about the fact the entire guild consisted of NORTH AMERICAN PLAYERS who are ACCUSTOMED TO RESETS ON TUESDAY MORNINGS.

Europe had resets Wednesday morning.

When were the restarts here? Somewhere between Thursday and Friday or something.

I can not speak for the others nor will I attempt to, however I am used to my resets on Tuesday. Still to this day for me, I acknowledge Tuesday as the reset day without thinking half the time and have been confused. When I noticed the reset, I personally thought it was server reset time. It wasn't until the actual reset on the Friday or around there that I realized the damage was done. Arguably we probably could have let that raid slide and been fine.

Though I'm not here to contest whether our ban was justified or not. I feel it wasn't, the community will feel otherwise. Since we're already punished, I request that Necronus be taken down with us. He benefited from the extra raid ID with a set of Nightslayer Pants, and Nightslayer Bracers (really minor, BoE item however the drop came from the extra ID) and is the only member of our guild to attain MC loot and not get punished. Even Lasershark who got tier 2 pants and jumped ship to Insidious received a ban.

Likewise, I implore any others to not accept him into their ranks. As a rogue he was easily our worst, or second worst rogue in the guild ever raid, rogues who had green gear were out performing him. Likewise he is an excessive lootwhoring individual (he actually rage quit a guild UBRS run for Ony Attunement because we wouldn't kick a hunter because Necronus felt it was extra competition to Truestrike Shoulders and/or Dal'rend swords.)

Even though this community has done very little for me to offer help or advice, I leave you on that little bit of information. I may as well leave on a good note. :innocent:

tried, many, many, many, many times ... and after pretty much 24 hours of constant request
How is your timezone in any way relevant if you try for 24h "constantly".

For all of you guys writing that you will leave. Please deliver and stop posting.

Last edited:
How is your timezone in any way relevant if you try for 24h "constantly".

For all of you guys writing that you will leave. Just do it and don't post you faggots.

Yes I've spent at least 24 hours trying to get multiple things resolved, to the point where it almost seems pointless to even try. Sure they may be busy, but that doesn't change the fact I'm 9 times out of 10 unheard.

I'm still trying to get an account problem situated VIA IRC and forum PMs. BEFORE all of this crap happened from 3~ days ago. The only person that spoke to me was gurky after the second day once I asked him to check his IRC in-game. He said it was out of his control and pointed me in the right direction, still haven't received a response from the appropriate people. Are you in Arcanum? Maybe that's why your tickets get answered so fast, you just simply have to use guild chat instead of going the long way around like everyone else.

Regardless of what happened, why do you insist on burning bridges?

Let's say you did forget the ID reset, and you got punished for abusing it. Simply admitting to your mistake would likely have gotten you a much smaller punishment (unless you go ahead and do it again), and other players wouldn't be taking pleasure in your situation to the extend that they are right now.

I've always preferred to minimize losses...

Edit: That said, if you think the situation could be handled better next time, it is possible to have a more civil debate about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that full series. As I play Horde and am a NA player (out of Cal state) I was curious as to what was going on, after all the shouting, name calling, and cursing at the GM's in the /world chat. This gives me a much better picture of what was going on.

So, um... A guild leader claims they had forgotten that they had previously raided MC in a short time span, gets called on it, admits that yeah, well, the extra clear was to 'make up' for whatever reason was being supplied, was called on a back to back entry of the raid for lizards for hands, and is called out for not only knowing that MC had been entered and used multiple times, but also for why.

Meanwhile... I'm looking really hard for the point where the GM started addressing Buzzx in an unprofessional manner, but all I'm really seeing is the GM being threatened with how much suspending the dishonest raiders with a temp 2 week ban will 'ruin the NA population'.

English is my first language (my Deutsch and Espanol are horrid) so I'm mostly certain I read the text correctly.

You have my big ups for this, you've hit the nail ;)

"You have lost, no one has won". - Katatonia

Bye.

That's it :/
Really… Bug was found, bug was reported (or not?), guild starting to abuse the bug, members got punished.
And now they start crying as a child? Really? Also I saw some kind of threats?:nono:
I can only say.. good work GM.:thumbup1:

I think….Case closed…:hammer2:

The case is closed since the bans were given.

I really cannot understand all this trolling and disrespect from their side.

Especially their Guild Master is behaving really crazily. We have been contacted by many players about his behaviour and am afraid, that he is the main reason why all this happened, because he is just greedy and a lot of his guildmates admired, that he is a terrbile leader.

And please, you are not representing the whole NA population, you are just a bunch of them, the other hundreds are just leveling up and gotta be 60's sooner or later.

No more threat's or bad things will happen.

Will be happy to see you in 2 weeks, have fun, take care.

i think its out of question that volatile has done something stupid and wrong that had to be punished.

now trying to blame the staff for that incident is just retarded and not fair at all. volatile knew or should have known that going in again will have an aftermath. and those who did not should rather blame their raid-/guild leaders than the GMs.

obviously, the staff could also be more polite, respond faster etc., this also is out of question, because you can always work on this and always should try to make your "customers" happy.
however, these guys are mainly making this on voluntary. does anyone really think these >10 ppl get well paid for letting us having this great vanilla server? this would mean >20k dollar each month, neglecting the server costs and the months before release.

so instead of being happy there are so many ppl fixing bugs, reading your tickets and your retarded posts on the forum, trying to improve everyones experience on the server without getting much back, you oh so great costumers go ham and blame them for everything. and you are way too ignorant to see that.

A 14 day ban.

That is a -very- short punishment in comparison to other server projects. The standard on Feenix was a perm ban, about the same can be said for Nostalrius during the first two months. The people who got banned should be glad that the punishment isn't judged as it is on other projects, cause all your chars would've recieved a greater suspension than what was recieved here.

To put in perspective: Several characters were permanently suspended for entering dungeons more than 5 time per hour on Nostalrius. Yes, dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom