• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ban safespotting in battlegrounds

Vanillacoke

Authorized
Hello

As most of you are aware, lately on K1 there has been some drama regarding Prehot, a dwarf priest who goes into spots with a smaller model that are not reachable with the horde models (noggenfogger doesn't help)

Now I wan't to make a small disclaimer already, I am not pissed of at Prehot personally, it's the system and rules that need to change. He is simply just abusing something that is broken and currently allowed. What I'm proposing is a change to the current ruleset.

Find attached screenshots of various spots below.

http://i.imgur.com/WInSB7G.jpg

http://imgur.com/JQLM9Td

http://imgur.com/riOzh6N (NOTE: It's possible to AoE here, but healing classes have no issues surviving this even if it's 4~ mages/warlocks AoEing)

http://imgur.com/a/MR0iU (Here you can see that even with noggenfogger it's not possible to access some locations)

There are a few additional spots but by now you surely get the point. Kronos advertises itself as a Blizzlike server that has a few changes (5g respec, LoS and so on), changing your policy on safespotting in battlegrounds has absolutely no negative effects. I'm not talking about Cenarion Hold pillars, or Gadgetzan roof or any other safespotting areas, just inside battlegrounds. Seeing as people join a BG to enjoy some fast paced PvP, you don't want a technical thing like this affecting and ultimately destroying the games. I logged in today and did 2 games and decided not to queue anymore, because there is no point. The games would've been nice Pug v Pug but it then gets ruined by something like this.

There has been a lot of talk about the dodging situation on K2 and how pugs suffer because of it. On K1 we don't have that problem due to a smaller population, but I think I speak for everyone that we all want fair and good games.

Nothing good comes out of the current policy, there is no shame in admitting you were wrong and progressing forward to try make the PvP better on your server.

EDIT: Also to further prove my point as to why this shouldn't be allowed, there are several jumps and locations currently blocked of that were in the original game, including but not limited to; on top of horde portal, horde GY wagon, the doorway on horde GY

If these are blocked, why are you allowing safespotting for alliance races, that nullifies your attempts to improve the gameplay on the battleground.

and y im a fuken nerd who gives a shit about 10 yr old game come at me

Last edited:
- No general policy about these issues (every GM says something else, on of them kills the guy abusing the other says its legal)

- Noggenfogger not decreasing hitbox in order to counter savespots

My mates and I collected tons of material (screenshots, forum threads, videos) since the start of Kronos 1.

This is totally controversial.

Best example: https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/108423-So-GM-visited-me-in-WSG?highlight=visited

Guy is sitting on Horde tunnel (where you can simple jump on from above) and Head-GM tells him to get off and that this is his last warning.
But this safespotting is allowed? Aight. Maybe decide already.

I wouldn't even care of Noggenfogger was fixed to counter it.

Guess we will have to release all the material soon.

Yes please chance policy on this! The guy says he's doing it only against premades to get 10mins but i've seen a 1h game where he just sat there for no reason.

I (as an alliance player) absolutely support this thread, please forbid safespotting like this, it makes a lot of people in my guild unwanting to queue, knowing there's a possibility they'll get into a game where someone is hogging the flag in a single race los spot making it absolutely impossible to actually try and play the game.

It's already bad enough with just about every single proc and physical damage being broken along with 4 people bugging themselves as critters to hide casting bar every other game I queue. I can understand allowing the critter stuff and not having resources to fix some of the procs/hunter damage while a major raid is about to launch, but please forbid safespots that aren't reachable by every race/sex - they just break the game making it absolutely dull to play.

I as an alliance player do not condone safespotting. Prehot/riflin is inconsiderate and action needs to be dealt against him. Please kronos devs, if there is this much outcry then SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE AND CHANGED. He is making himself unable to reach by horde players. A 10 man horde raid in wsg cannot kill him. This is not the same type of safespotting in booty bay and silithus. In this situation, he is stalling the game and causing grief for others.

Why must there always be some douche who thinks it's cool to abuse shit? Ya we see you're invulnerable there, gz on finding the spot. Ya I know it's fun to troll people, but please, u'r making the devs work more than they should. Got better shit to do then babysit ****heads all day long.

You guys do know he is only doing this to try and help PvP on this server. Last I checked K2 PvP trumps K1 PvP by a massive amount, they actually have ABs and AVs popping during the week as well as WSG. However you try hards do nothing but WSG all day, everyday, 7 days a week. So I vote we don't ban him or anyone for this until the premade try hard fucktards stop ruining PvP for the rest of us.

You guys do know he is only doing this to try and help PvP on this server. Last I checked K2 PvP trumps K1 PvP by a massive amount, they actually have ABs and AVs popping during the week as well as WSG. However you try hards do nothing but WSG all day, everyday, 7 days a week. So I vote we don't ban him or anyone for this until the premade try hard fucktards stop ruining PvP for the rest of us.
oh no people play together :(((((((((((((((((

You guys do know he is only doing this to try and help PvP on this server. Last I checked K2 PvP trumps K1 PvP by a massive amount, they actually have ABs and AVs popping during the week as well as WSG. However you try hards do nothing but WSG all day, everyday, 7 days a week. So I vote we don't ban him or anyone for this until the premade tryhard fucktards stop ruining PvP for the rest of us.

Yeah sure is helping Pvp... Just because AB & AV is popping doesn't mean that the pvp is good, have you had a quick look at the threads regarding K2 pvp? Does it look like people are happy? I however was going to pug games today but they were ruined because of this abuse, so tell me again how he is improving the pvp.

Havn't actually seen you in a BG since I started on this server, don't you have a new perplexity movie to get 2v1'ed in?

Yeah sure is helping Pvp... Just because AB & AV is popping doesn't mean that the pvp is good, have you had a quick look at the threads regarding K2 pvp? Does it look like people are happy? I however was going to pug games today but they were ruined because of this abuse, so tell me again how he is improving the pvp.

Havn't actually seen you in a BG since I started on this server, don't you have a new perplexity movie to get 2v1'ed in?

Wonder why I stopped Pvping. Oh right, Horde runs nothing but enhance shamans and shadow priest. Alliance premades only run shit like 5 mages, 2 hunters, paladin, priest, druid. As for Perplexity, vanilla rogue PvP video lawls.

- - - Updated - - -

And no I don't keep up with K2, but I would assume that doing more than just WSG 24/7 would be better PvP.

Wonder why I stopped Pvping

literally never saw you in a bg thats not av to begin with

Oh right, Horde runs nothing but enhance shamans and shadow priest. Alliance premades only run shit like 5 mages, 2 hunters, paladin, priest, druid

maybe start a premade yourself? alliance is garbage atm, everyone who isn't terrible should beat them
As for Perplexity, vanilla rogue PvP video lawls.

you play a warrior you imbecile

Devs should not fix this until they first fix that critter bug horde exploits to get smaller and hide flag and casting. I know it sux but better to have both sides exploiting than just the one.

Last edited:
Devs should not fix this until they first fix that critter bug horde exploits to get smaller and hide flag and casting. I know it sux but better to have both sides exploiting than just the one.

This is the worst argumentative reasoning in existing. Didn't your mother teach you, that just because the other kids were cruel to animals, it didn't mean you had to be cruel to them too, or did you just join the group and had "fun"?

just change all other models to be like a dwarf model

FTFY

PS: Safespotting is cancer, just like critter abuse. Not a single mention of that in OP's post though, such hypocrisy much unenlightened self interest very wow.

Last edited:
FTFY

PS: Safespotting is cancer, just like critter abuse. Not a single mention of that in OP's post though, such hypocrisy much unenlightened self interest very wow.

Yeah, that's not hypocrisy though. I'm proposing a change to the current rules regarding safespotting in battlegrounds, if "critter abuse" is something you feel strongely about then I'd advise you to make your own thread, or borrow this one..

Ah shit nevermind you don't really care enough to put in the energy, someone else should do it for you right? My bad.

Thank you to the rest of you for your support and input. An official comment would be cool, surely you can see how the community feels about this.

Reactions: dms
Yeah, that's not hypocrisy though. I'm proposing a change to the current rules regarding safespotting in battlegrounds, if "critter abuse" is something you feel strongely about then I'd advise you to make your own thread, or borrow this one..

Ah shit nevermind you don't really care enough to put in the energy, someone else should do it for you right? My bad.

Thank you to the rest of you for your support and input. An official comment would be cool, surely you can see how the community feels about this.

No I made several posts in blacklist forums, thats incorrect of you. I did put in enough effort and had ticket about it up for days yet didnt get any response from the staff.

Safespotting with model/size change has always been issue but there never was a thread about it that i saw. People made reports and some offenders got banned. Yet now a thread is made while some hordies are using critter abuse non-stop for more then 2 weeks now. And you dont have anything to say about it in OP.

No I made several posts in blacklist forums, thats incorrect of you. I did put in enough effort and had ticket about it up for days yet didnt get any response from the staff.

Safespotting with model/size change has always been issue but there never was a thread about it that i saw. People made reports and some offenders got banned. Yet now a thread is made while some hordies are using critter abuse non-stop for more then 2 weeks now. And you dont have anything to say about it in OP.

Afaik no one got banned for safespotting because it is allowed.

So because I'm raising awareness about one issue it makes me obligated to talk about all the other ones as well? Is that what you're saying?

With that logic, if I'm donating money to kinds in Ghana I'm not doing enough because I need to donate to kids in Nigeria aswell?

About the critter abuse, I never played or saw any people doing it, so I don't have enough material to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom