• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ban safespotting in battlegrounds

Afaik no one got banned for safespotting

I think several people were banned for it.

If you havent seen anyone doing it, i apologize. But it looks like a joke right when tens of hordies are abusing something to the limit, people complain about allies' abusing.

no please don't remove them

those spots can also just be used creatively in pinch situations by good players that know them

i get that it can fall in terrain of abuse, but it should be handled with individual punishments of players, not by editing terrain to make them unreachable

those spots can also just be used creatively in pinch situations by good players that know them

i get that it can fall in terrain of abuse, but it should be handled with individual punishments of players, not by editing terrain to make them unreachable

The problem isn't the save spot itself.
The problem is that you can't reach it as Horde since Noggenfogger small effect is bugged and doesn't decrease your hitbox.

I'm also a fan of all kind of jumps and movement advantages in WSG.

Spot's that every race/gender can reach = Totally fine.
Spot's that only certain races/genders due to their hitbox can reach = Garbage since I can't use noggenfogger to counter.

Abuse this shit all you want. But give me a way to counter it.
Right now you need like 4 mages spamming Blizzard for 10 min on the safespot till the guy is out of mana and dies.

Most of these spots are already blocked, eg the wagon on horde gy, doorway on horde gy, horde portal, jump through fence on alliance gy

The only ones that are still there are in fact only reachable by the smaller models on alliance. I'm absolutely with you though, no jumps should be blocked because skilled player would be able to use them but it makes no sense when no horde character models can go there.

Bump, a new dwarf named sandboy is now exploiting the exact same bugged safespot.

https://jii.moe/VJKANW09-.png

When I asked about it in IRC several months ago the GM "Lightsky" basically told me that it was perfectly fine and that I should L2P and go buy noggenfoggers.

1. Noggenfoggers don't actually make your hitbox smaller and you still can't reach them.
2. Why should an extraneous item be -required- to pvp, but only if you are Horde? It's not the same as requiring engineering, skull of impending doom, etc, because those items are merely -useful-, and not mandatory, and both factions need them. Noggenfoggers are certainly useful and everyone should carry them anyway but it's stupid for them to be -mandatory- for only one faction.

Why is cheating allowed on this server, but only for Alliance players? Players standing in this spot are ONLY reachable by AoE attacks, and ONLY Dwarves and Gnomes are capable of getting into this spot. NO HORDE RACE is capable of reaching this spot, even with noggenfogger elixirs. Why the preferential treatment?

Last edited:
Noggenfoggers are certainly useful and everyone should carry them anyway but it's stupid for them to be -mandatory- for only one faction.

Noggenfogger wouldn't help, since this bug is related to Dwarf female 3D model. So basically only Dwarf female characters can get into those spots.

P.S. I made a test and model edited my male Night Elf character and turned it in a female Dwarf, and that way I was able to get into those spots.

Last edited:
Have any female Trolls with an orb of deception tried it, I wonder? I was under the impression that Gnomes of both sexes could also get in that spot, but I've never actually seen one do it so idk.

Why is cheating allowed on this server, but only for Alliance players? Why the preferential treatment?
like how the GMs have said its okay for the horde to essentially safe spot in AV in Dun Baldar on the Vann pull by having the healers stand on the ledges so the Marshals all reset? each game this effectively gives the horde offense a 3-4 minute advantage over the alliance offense, resulting in far more wins for the horde that would not otherwise have happened had you guys needed to kill the Marshals as we are forced to kill the Warmasters.

Hows that for favouritism?

like how the GMs have said its okay for the horde to essentially safe spot in AV in Dun Baldar on the Vann pull by having the healers stand on the ledges so the Marshals all reset? each game this effectively gives the horde offense a 3-4 minute advantage over the alliance offense, resulting in far more wins for the horde that would not otherwise have happened had you guys needed to kill the Marshals as we are forced to kill the Warmasters.

Hows that for favouritism?
You're talking about the same AV where 4 alliance mages with Blizzard can literally defend the base on the bridge alone forever?

You're talking about the same AV where 4 alliance mages with Blizzard can literally defend the base on the bridge alone forever?
yeah, that same bridge that horde can completely bypass by jumping up the terrain behind Dun Baldar to backdoor. I mean, a better example would be the hill up to frost wolf keep where frost mages can stand jump from the east/west towers and just stand on top of the wooden gate and blizzard. There's no way around that.

Your move.

You can backdoor the Horde base as well if you have noggenfogger.

Can you guys try not to make this into another Horde vs Alliance thread? I'm sure most of us dislike safespotting on both sides, be it in wsg or with AV marshals.

I can guarantee there is about 5-10 people max who are exploiting this! Screenshot them and prove there doing it. Let the Ban hammer come down.
No need to fix it if people have the fear of getting banned. They just wont do it. Simple

That is obviously a game mechanic/environment bug which is being exploited to time delay. This should be a ban-able offence.

Ban them and publish it just like you did with the Alt - F4 buff reset. 2 guilds get banned the reset of us stop doing it in fear of the ban wave rippling in our direction.

in real life people don't break the law because of fear of going to prison. The GM's need to grow some nuts and start making a stance on this time of exploitation of there game. Ban offenders and show them they cant make the rules

Action speaks louder than words!

Safespotting is lame and unsporting no matter who does it, and I've personally encouraged people to just pull the marshals the normal way because it's such a gamey tactic. The difference here is that every Alliance race is also capable of getting on top of the ledge at Dun Baldar, and no Horde race is capable of getting in the spot in question in WSG. (And also that this thread isn't about AV, go make a thread about AV if it makes you that upset, I'll even voice my support there.)

Last edited:
Mozibake, I agree that the AV safespotting was off top-topic. However, I brought it up as a counter argument to the other guy's point that the GMs supposedly only give a pass to Alliance who abuse exploits. There are exploits abused by both sides that the GMs seem to not care about. It was certainly frustrating to alliance players as well who had to endure Prehot's frequent safespot abuse in WSG, so I can completely sympathize

Top Bottom