• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Classes needed

Karci1161

hey i am new here and i have dilema of choosing between the class so i am wondering which clas or type(dmg/tank/heal) is needed most here, you would help me a lot i have huge dilemma :D

Pick whatever you fancy. Small lack of healers at 60's but nothing very major. Choose the class most fun for you, but if you're having a dilemma I would recommend a druid. This is due to the druid being very versatile and so you can try out multiple roles if one doesn't take your fancy.

P.S. There are MANY threads like this so next time please revisit those to look for good answers.

horde side: problem to find healer to 5mans, pick priest please or shaman if you like hybrids (my favourite)
ally: idk, i noticed lack of tanks/dps yesterday evening

seems on horde side more tanks/dps. Ally looks more pve oriented with enough amount of heals. Just look at AH - ally AH is full of rare dungeon sets (5 and more pieces of same kind of armor)

Last edited:
Least Played class/race ?

I was just curious, what races and classes do you think are least played? And what races and classes do you think are most played? I was looking for a cenus on the forum but couldn't seem to find one.

Re: Least Played class/race ?

Alliance

Least played race: Gnome
Least played class: Warlock
Most played race: Human
Most played class: Warrior

Horde

Least played race: Troll
Least played class: Hunter
Most played race: Undead
Most played class: Rogue

According to all the Census data I've seen prior to the /who nerf, it was Warrior that was most popular and Druid/Warlock tied for the least..

FRdTb0C.jpg

Last edited:

How are warriors on horde?
I want to play warrior again but worry if overpresented.

Which DPS class is most wanted for end game dungeons/raiding ?

As the question is in title, I have trouble picking my 1st main on this server, I come here from retail and I was an altoholic, and as I understand vanilla is much different from global and having multiple max level alts would take a while to make. So I decided to limit myself to 1 character only. I want to pick a DPS class, which will have little to no trouble looking for group/people to run instances/raid and also won't be the most popular one, so who'd you guys recommend ?

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Re: Which DPS class is most wanted for end game dungeons/raiding ?

I'd say the class does not matter as long as you can top the DPS meters. So, pick any DPS class - Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, in theory also Druid. Paladins and Shamans don't really catch up for that.

On the other hand, you can't know beforehand what class will be missing in the newly formed guilds. In terms of dungeons, having little to no trouble looking for group would need that you play a tank, because those seem to be lacking the most. But tanks are usually not required for already-raiding guilds, so a DPS that can switch into tanking would be desired. So pick Warrior or Druid.

I was in a top raiding guild at Nostalrius.

Top DPS classes are: Mages, Warlocks, Rogues, Fury Warriors

Hunters are considered "support only". We only raided with 3 Hunters max, and there was still considerable whining that we should take even less as the above classes in T2 did much more DPS than Hunters. Hunters are not quite a pure DPS class in Vanilla.

We also had:

1 Shadow Priest

1 Retardin with Nightfall (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19169#wh-comments)

1 Balance Druid (commonly known as OOMkin)

1 Feral Druid.

Last edited:

Imo, your best bet is Warlock, Mage coming in second for raiding.

both are equally desired for 5 man dungeon aoe, mage maybe pulls ahead with sheep, but pyroclasm stun chance for warlock is bugged so it sorta evens out

edit- speaking about Alliance here

Last edited:

Mage lock or rogue. And I would guess lock is the least played out of the 3

I was in a top raiding guild at Nostalrius.

Top DPS classes are: Mages, Warlocks, Rogues, Fury Warriors

Hunters are considered "support only". We only raided with 3 Hunters max, and there was still considerable whining that we should take even less as the above classes in T2 did much more DPS than Hunters. Hunters are not quite a pure DPS class in Vanilla.

We also had:

1 Shadow Priest

1 Retardin with Nightfall (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19169#wh-comments)

1 Balance Druid (commonly known as OOMkin)

1 Feral Druid.

Don't let Brochette see this.

After some research, I'm thinking lock or warrior, slightly leaning towards warrior. From what I've understood warriors are the most gear depended class in Vanilla, but I generally enjoy their playstyle more, also they can be decent if not the best in PvP, which I'm also considering. But the issue is, I have no idea where to actually get the gear from, I mean quest rewards are okay, but there are so many more let's say weapons I can get from quest in a different zone, or a dungeon, or from a rare. Is there maybe a guide where to get BiS for leveling for certain classes ? Or are you guys thinking that wouldn't be neccessary for my first Vanilla playthrough ?

Question!

Hello sexy ppl from kronos !

I've a little question for all of you ( Alliance and Horde )

So i'm not sure what i want to play ( i love tanking i love healing and doing dmg :v ) so i just do it like always i ask what kind of class or spec is needed the most for doungens raids etc.

I know that i should play the class which i enjoy the most etc and i know that i'll need some weeks before i hit 60 but jeah would be great to hear something from you guys :)

You don't need to search for weapons. Remember: Arcanite Reaper hoo! :biggrin:

Ice Barbed Spear from AV quest is probably the easiest weapon to start with. After that, there are some craftables, The Unstoppable Force for AV grind and raid drops. The last one is probably the best thing you can get for quite some time.

For fury, strong main hand and fast offhand are the usual picks. Ironfoe and Flurry Axe?

PS: As for levelling, warriors get a weapon from their class quest (available at 30) which lasts until late 50s. Prior to that you can probably find a blue drop, and after that, there are the options I mentioned above.

Last edited:

Thanks mate :D
Also I assume that leveling fury 2h will be much easier, as I only need to worry about one weapon, correct ?

Definitely. Also the weapon from class quest is a 2hander too.

Hi, for running dungeons off warris are not welcomed as much, escpecially if you are lowgeared. Most people will want u to tank, but that's just my experience. As for raids, off warris are very nice for dpsing and offtanking, but with warris being the most played class (or not anymore?) u can imagine that a lot of guilds are saturated with off warris already. 2h either arms or fury for lvling imo.

Top Bottom