• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Classes needed

Most Demanded Class & Spec?

Hello Kronos, I'm a returning veteran vanilla wow player, been playing WOW for years now, always loved vanilla best of all:

Which class & spec is most in demand? I want to get into raiding right away and helping a guild out.

Priest heals?
Warlocks?
Warrior tanks?
Druid heals?

Which is it?

Re: Most Demanded Class & Spec?

Warrior Tanks are your hardest class/spec to break into the raid scene with, as most guilds have their established tanks. If a guild is up and coming, and not in MC yet, then join early and claim your role.

Druid heals are always great but require a better skill cap to reach the same healing ceiling as other classes. (More recasting, pre-raid damage HoTs - are required to excel). They murder the heal meters with end-game gear. 2 - 4 restro druids are usually taken in 40 mans, and are typically sought after due to being the least played class, statistically.

Warlocks will be the most sought after ranged DPS, same as druid, get progressively better with gear, as they lack +hit from talents and enchants compared to their mage counter-part.

Priest heals should be considered if you roll Dwarf - Alli - you get fear ward. Guilds usually take 6 priest to raids, 7 if 1 is shadow. If you love being human might as well just be a pally healer.

You will have no trouble landing a raid spot with any class right now. Just play the one you play best, being good is a safer way to a raid spot than playing an in demand class.

UaNhN57.jpg

1. Resto Druid
2. Warlock
3. Resto Shaman

Tanks (Prot Warriors) are always in short supply.

Somebody said that the hardest way to join a Raid Guild is as a Prot or Prot/Fury Warrior. Nothing can further from the truth.

I was in a top raid guild at Nostalrius. We had all content on farm and a DKP system.

The best way to gear up in my Raid Guild (and I suppose elsewhere as well) was as a Prot Warrior. 6 weeks before Nostalrius shut down we recruited a Danish tank in green gear.

This greenie Danish tank was boosted in all of our raids and ended up with full T2 in abt 5 weeks. In addition, he got a full complement of 2Handers and 1Handers for DPS warriors that dropped in BWL. The DKP system simply did not apply to him. While you needed about 300 DKP as a DPS to get any piece of gear, he always had Minus DKP (-500ish DKP) and still was showered with gear even over DPS'ers.

This happened because we needed him to tank so he got prio on all gear and DKP system simply did not apply to him.

Sounds like everyone's dream. So, best way to gear up in a Raid Guild is as a Tank or a Healer. Same thing happened with a Holy Paladin we recruited. We were low on Holy paladins at the time, and he too was showered with gear and ended up with full epic T1/T2 in just 4 weeks.

As a DPS, you needed 4 months raiding 3 times per week for full T1.

I will add here (I played Hunter) it took me four (4) months raiding to get the Ancient Petrified Leaf from MC for the Epic Bow Quest "Lok/Rok Delar".

Last edited:

I currently play as a hunter, but only because i love that class. I dont think its really in the top dps ranks and i usually play support classes. So i will propably roll a Restro druid later on.

Top Bottom