• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

content release timeframe

Asmodeus

Authorized
I understand this may have been answered multiple times but as this is a current issue on the other server, I will bring it up. Say a guild poopsocks it for a week or 2 and has a full raid force at 60 and ready to raid. Say they down all of MC in that first week of being 60 and finish off Ony a week or so later. What if it will take another month or two for another guild to even get to that point?

Will Kronos launch new content based off of that one guild's progression or will they release once most guilds (Horde and Alliance) have that content cleared? Will this perhaps be a judgement call and no specific policy has been set? Just curious how this will/would be handled.

There is absolutely no point to open new content just for one guild IMHO. Just like blizzlike. Don't need to hurry.

I understand this may have been answered multiple times but as this is a current issue on the other server, I will bring it up. Say a guild poopsocks it for a week or 2 and has a full raid force at 60 and ready to raid. Say they down all of MC in that first week of being 60 and finish off Ony a week or so later. What if it will take another month or two for another guild to even get to that point?

Will Kronos launch new content based off of that one guild's progression or will they release once most guilds (Horde and Alliance) have that content cleared? Will this perhaps be a judgement call and no specific policy has been set? Just curious how this will/would be handled.
except that you can't finish MC in a week. It will take weeks even months for lots of them to get all the gear required. 40 people there need to be geared up. Think realistically mate.

Ye it really surprised me when I saw that players on Nost already cleared MC. (Even Raggy and Ony!? Really!?) How is that possible without gearing for long time? It gotta be some wierd scripting or something, I dont know. I wont badmouth Nost whatsoever but damn that sure is crazy.

Anyway, about Kronos. If guilds clear MC and Ony within 3 months, good for them. But dont open new content until a decent enough portion of the server have done it. Why stress out content? Once its all released there is nothing new to add and what then? A new international-focused TBC server? - (Actually that would be amazing since Ares is so empty and almost exclusively CZ players, Give us "Kronos TBC edition" once we clear Naxx plox! :w00t:) But there is still no need to stress out content.

Last edited:
2 tranq shots means 2 weeks of MC. For an engame guild with 50 people or so rushing to 60 and dungeon grinding the last few levels for gear, you can get MC done within a month of launch.

Ye it really surprised me when I saw that players on Nost already cleared MC. (Even Raggy and Ony!? Really!?) How is that possible without gearing for long time? It gotta be some wierd scripting or something, I dont know. I wont badmouth Nost whatsoever but damn that sure is crazy.

Anyway, about Kronos. If guilds clear MC and Ony within 3 months, good for them. But dont open new content until a decent enough portion of the server have done it. Why stress out content? Once its all released there is nothing new to add and what then? A new international-focused TBC server? - (Actually that would be amazing since Ares is so empty and almost exclusively CZ players, Give us "Kronos TBC edition" once we clear Naxx plox! :w00t:) But there is still no need to stress out content.

In live servers my guild cleared all content from first two tiers (MC/BWL/Ony/ZG all world) in about a month on Zuluhed server US. A lot of people were shocked when it happened and there were posts even on general forums about it. It ultimately killed the server since Blizzard was releasing lots of new servers and no one wanted to play on one that had been "beaten" in a few weeks when they could just reroll to another new one.

To be fair you don't need any gear other than some healers and definitely 2-3 tanks to do all that content. People were SO bad back in classic wow that dps was never optimized, not even in T3 raids. I can't even imagine how easy classic content would be with 40 really competent players (unlikely to get this in the player pool of one private server).

I can't imagine killing magmadar without at last 2 tranq shots.

She is killable without any tranq shots with good raid in good pre-raid gear. I know this because I've been in a raid when we did this in 2005 or 2006.

Well... I guess it's an original interpetation of Ragnaros !

Indeed Nostalrius quality server WITHOUT :

• Good scripts. The following example is only related to classes but if you take your time to read it and watch this part aswell it's easy to notice the huge amount of horrible and annoying bugs.
  • Account security. At the moment, they refuse to restore avatars even if you've been hacked so don't count on them if you loose your avatar and the hundred hours of investment behind.
  • Active moderators. Do you seriously need an example for this statement ? It's one of the main reason why their forum is so toxic, nobody is managing it or atleast working in order to reduce those inflammatory talk.
  • Competiton. A guild already cleared MC in 3 weeks. I guess it's one of the side effect of a 10 years old MMO game known by heart. Anyway there was stricly no guild close to them so there is definitely nomore competition atleast until BWL which should be implemented in the next 2 months according to their timeline.
  • Hack defenses. There is no concrete proof about gold dupe but it's strongly possible that those cheats mentioned and sold by Whitekidney (famous player on Nos) truely exist. A flaw can possibly lead to another flaw, sometimes larger than expected. Many players lvl 60 already had their epic mount in 2 weeks and we can assume that such exploits have been shared.

So basically it reminds me Feenix without cash shop and more players, the rest is the same.

Last edited:
Well... I guess it's an original interpetation of Ragnaros !

Indeed Nostalrius quality server WITHOUT :

• Good scripts. The following example is only related to classes but if you take your time to read it and watch this part aswell it's easy to notice the huge amount of horrible and annoying bugs.
  • Account security. At the moment, they refuse to restore avatars even if you've been hacked so don't count on them if you loose your avatar and the hundred hours of investment behind.
  • Active moderators. Do you seriously need an example for this statement ? It's one of the main reason why their forum is so toxic, nobody is managing it or atleast working in order to reduce those inflammatory talk.
  • Competiton. A guild already cleared MC in 3 weeks. I guess it's one of the side effect of a 10 years old MMO game known by heart. Anyway there was stricly no guild close to them so there is definitely nomore competition atleast until BWL which should be implemented in the next 2 months according to their timeline.
  • Hack defenses. There is no concrete proof about gold dupe but it's strongly possible that those cheats mentioned and sold by Whitekidney (famous player on Nos) truely exist. A flaw can possibly lead to another flaw, sometimes larger than expected. Many players lvl 60 already had their epic mount in 2 weeks and we can assume that such exploits have been shared.

So basically it reminds me Feenix without cash shop and more players, the rest is the same.

to be fair we haven't seen the nostalrius admins go full faggot mode like feenix, but they sure are shady like them

We all know Molten Core is not a real Challenge.The only Challenge is how quick you can pick enough Lvl 60 Chars to be able to handle the Raid.
Tactics are well known since 2005 and most of the Players are more experienced then they ever could be back in the old Classic Times.Depending on the Healers Magmadar is possible to Kill even without Tranq-shoot.

I gotta say, nerdscreams over Ragnaros on a buggy private server is hilarious. And did he just despawn at the end? No death animation?

I gotta say, nerdscreams over Ragnaros on a buggy private server is hilarious. And did he just despawn at the end? No death animation?
Yes, actually last bosses aren't looting anything because they despawn too fast.

Is this for real? Like did Nost not bother to test the bosses?
From what I heard, this content wasn't available during the beta test, I'm also suprised since it's a 5 years old project and we are only talking about the first raiding content...

150322022653320415.png

Last edited:
to be fair we haven't seen the nostalrius admins go full faggot mode like feenix, but they sure are shady like them

It may seem a small off topic matter, but is describing things as "full faggot mode" really necessary? These type of comments are just showing you to be either thoughtless, disrespectful or plain rude. Whatever else is in the comment, whether the gospel word of God or the most brilliantly put together argument is instantly cast into shadow by your derisive language, in my eyes at least.

It has been confirmed in the AMA and other forums posts that they will not released further content until:

A - Sufficient amount of the playerbase has achieved current end-game content.
B - Further content has been tested thoroughly.

Basically I think we can expect BWL 2 or 3 months after the first Raggy kill...maybe even longer since it will take quite a few guilds to gear up enough people to take on BWL. Also it will be nice to have enough guilds participate in a "race". If 2 or 3 guilds have the geared players and are all on a similar level...it will be great to see which guild will clear BWL first...instead of that guild who cleared raggy first and has already shot past everyone else.

TL;DR - It has been confirmed in a few forums posts that they will release content until they deem a sufficient amount of players have cleared current end-game content. (Ony and Raggy)

Basically I think we can expect BWL 2 or 3 months after the first Raggy kill...

I sure hope its longer than 2 or 3 months between raids.. u cant really get much gear in 2 or even 3 months for 40+ ppl.. also server would be "done" too soon if there would be 3 months between raid releases.. id say 6months minimum to get ppl really geared and prepared and hype for next raid is much bigger also. so 6months minimum and it would be perfect!

Top Bottom