• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

content release timeframe

I sure hope its longer than 2 or 3 months between raids.. u cant really get much gear in 2 or even 3 months for 40+ ppl.. also server would be "done" too soon if there would be 3 months between raid releases.. id say 6months minimum to get ppl really geared and prepared and hype for next raid is much bigger also. so 6months minimum and it would be perfect!

6 months minimum? You can't be serious....

im dead serious. if u think about it. u wanna enjoy the server as long as possible before naxx opens and pvp starts to die.

to be fair we haven't seen the nostalrius admins go full faggot mode like feenix, but they sure are shady like them

Im sorry but wth does this even mean? I assume you wanted to insult feenix with the word faggot, which is suppose to mean something bad I guess. But what does this mode look like?

I gotta say, nerdscreams over Ragnaros on a buggy private server is hilarious. And did he just despawn at the end? No death animation?

There is a huge amount of mobs on Nostalrius that dont have death animations, almost all the beasts. I made comments there in a thread about it: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3590 (sorry if links are not allowed)
This is also something I asked on Kronos forums too because for me death animations are an important indicator on how well scripted things are to come - and sure enough the last raidboss doesnt have death animations, as well as tons of quests that doesnt trigger events and so on - but luckly on Kronos this is not an issue at all. Not even one mob thus far in beta havent made the proper death animation.

Also, no loot on Ragnaros? Is that raid in testing still or what?

- - - Updated - - -

I sure hope its longer than 2 or 3 months between raids.. u cant really get much gear in 2 or even 3 months for 40+ ppl.. also server would be "done" too soon if there would be 3 months between raid releases.. id say 6months minimum to get ppl really geared and prepared and hype for next raid is much bigger also. so 6months minimum and it would be perfect!

This isnt retail though, or any "new" content created. 6 months between releases later on is just too much. If people clear MC within one month, many other guilds clear it within 2-3 months, and then most have had time to gear within 4 months for sure. Having nothing to do for 2+ months will risk causing people to leave.

The first content release, which is BWL, can stall like 4-5 months because people will have plenty to do with leveling up from scrath and then to start gear in dungeons and so on. But once BWL has been cleared too, having to wait 6 months with that same content is a really bad idea. I'd say 4 months between releases at tops.

im dead serious. if u think about it. u wanna enjoy the server as long as possible before naxx opens and pvp starts to die.

There won't be much enjoyment if people start leaving cus there is nothing to do. I agree that Nost is doing it too quick but 6 months is far, far to much.

From AMA [organised a bit]:
30.Q:I'd like dev opinions on how quickly people will hit 60? Not the very first person. But how long in do yall think it will take for a good chunk(100 people) to hit 60?
A:100 should be arround the first 1 month. Leveling on a true 1x rate server takes time. 3 months after launch everyone who started from release on should be 60 or close to it, even casual players.

I believe that they should give casual players some time to enjoy the "actual" content... That's why BWL should be released after 5 month or something. Later is... I dunno :) Will be hard to balance between hardcore impatient players and casual game-enjoyers... Anyway,
The currently planned release schedule can be found here. Regarding the overall timeframe we can really only say that we will figure it out as we go along. That being said, you will not have to wait long for Black Wing Lair and Zul’Gurub.

Last edited:
It took something like 7-8 months for BWL to come out after WoW's original launch if I'm remembering right.

Releasing content too late makes it way too easy. If a guild is allowed to gather full MC bis before BWL, then BWL will be cleared in 2 weeks, no challenge at all. What i know, BWL is going to be released in 4-6 weeks from Ragnaros death, cca 4 weeks after Nefarian death should start War Effort event which will, with Blizzlike numbers and high enough population, require about 5 months to complete.

Edit: But devs have stated, that they will see, how players are doing and if, for example, Raggy dies in first month (which i doubt), then BWL may be delayed. It all depends on community numbers and statistics.

BTW: We have tested BWL and it's pretty hard. It can't be done with preraid BiS and with full T2 raid, we wiped at Broodlord, skiped Chrom (we had GM with us) and wiped at Nefarian :biggrin:

Last edited:
There was a 2-3 months gap between content patches on retail.

It took something like 7-8 months for BWL to come out after WoW's original launch if I'm remembering right.

Yes indeed. And when I said "this isnt retail" I was more hinting towards blizzard post-wotlk where they sometimes go 10-12 month without new content. The patch releases was perhaps 2-3 months in between but there were 12 major patches in vanilla, not everyone contained a new raid tier as you know, and we are already in 1.12 on launch, so its all about the raid tiers. I have no doubts that Kronos will handle it well

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: We have tested BWL and it's pretty hard. It can't be done with preraid BiS and with full T2 raid, we wiped at Broodlord, skiped Chrom (we had GM with us) and wiped at Nefarian :biggrin:

God I love the sound of that! :cool2:

If they let grizzly on this server they will hack and dupe and exploit just like they did on nostalrius, and kronos will get ruined too. Good luck to alliance pvp when exploited epics show up in wsg. If the gm's have any common sense they will just ban them and force them to stay on nost.

If they let grizzly on this server they will hack and dupe and exploit just like they did on nostalrius, and kronos will get ruined too. Good luck to alliance pvp when exploited epics show up in wsg. If the gm's have any common sense they will just ban them and force them to stay on nost.

Good thing they wont join kronos :) they have made Nos their home and lets hope it stays that way!

[video=youtube;31g0YE61PLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/video]

Rofl.

On a more serious note, are they really gonna be raiding on two different servers at the same time? That seems...excessive.

Rofl.

On a more serious note, are they really gonna be raiding on two different servers at the same time? That seems...excessive.

You're underestimating fat murican virgins.. never underestimate fat murican virgins!

It may seem a small off topic matter, but is describing things as "full faggot mode" really necessary? These type of comments are just showing you to be either thoughtless, disrespectful or plain rude. Whatever else is in the comment, whether the gospel word of God or the most brilliantly put together argument is instantly cast into shadow by your derisive language, in my eyes at least.

Agreed, faggot was a terrible choice in words.

Agreed 100%. Should be pre-emptive on this.

There is a huge amount of mobs on Nostalrius that dont have death animations, almost all the beasts. I made comments there in a thread about it

To be fair most of the mobs are not scripted properly on nost. For example the hunter type mobs that shoot or throw weapons have a dead zone, if you stand close enough they just stand around clueless doing nothing. Some of the spell caster mobs will randomly get confused and just stand around. The human rogue npcs in the Arathi highlands can backstab from the front. If the mob has a spell interrupt ability they use it when ever it's off cooldown regardless if you are casting, most mobs just spam abilities when they are off of cooldown.

And to touch on the first clearing of MC, this was done with 1.4 items. What was the point of 1.4 items again? Grizzly did mention that some of the MC fights were pre-nerf and relatively challenging, but not so much to endlessly wipe and give up. Most likely GMs were watching the entire raid to verify they were not exploiting and to see their scripts in action for the first time since most of the content was not tested.

Last edited:
I find it funny people talk about bugs and raids and what not on Kronos and Nost, when the Mangosproject core that's out now works pretty much perfect but has code limits so it can't hold the 2K+ people that servers want haha.

I find it funny people talk about bugs and raids and what not on Kronos and Nost, when the Mangosproject core that's out now works pretty much perfect but has code limits so it can't hold the 2K+ people that servers want haha.

What is the point of this post? You made similar ones in other threads. The server can obviously hold more than 2K players and keep the server stable. Or are you one of those tinfoil hats that think Nostalrius are faking numbers? They got a huge number of players, so what? I saw it myself when I played until level 30 before I decided to leave and focus on Kronos.

Last edited:
To be fair most of the mobs are not scripted properly on nost. For example the hunter type mobs that shoot or throw weapons have a dead zone, if you stand close enough they just stand around clueless doing nothing. Some of the spell caster mobs will randomly get confused and just stand around. The human rogue npcs in the Arathi highlands can backstab from the front. If the mob has a spell interrupt ability they use it when ever it's off cooldown regardless if you are casting, most mobs just spam abilities when they are off of cooldown.

And to touch on the first clearing of MC, this was done with 1.4 items. What was the point of 1.4 items again? Grizzly did mention that some of the MC fights were pre-nerf and relatively challenging, but not so much to endlessly wipe and give up. Most likely GMs were watching the entire raid to verify they were not exploiting and to see their scripts in action for the first time since most of the content was not tested.

Would like to see nost gms explain how they did mag in blues and greens with 1 tranq. or how healers in blues and greens didn't go oom during garr sulf and domo. Rag with no fr when they didn't use lbrs buff? Remember they have none of the good crafted loot or drops from 1.12

Yet another thread that's gone from a guy asking about something that has nothing to do with nostalrius to being about bashing Nostalrius. Surprise surprise.

Top Bottom