• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Current state of PvP is sad :(

pcbisnice

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the current state of PvP. Pvp Is my main reason to play this game, and it's what I love to do. However battlegrounds are currently a mess.

Firstly, its almost always premade vs pug. This gets old, losing over and over. This isn't a deal breaker for me, as I still have fun even when losing. The hard part for me is waiting 15-30 minutes for a BG to pop, only to get face rolled by a premade in 5 minutes.

I understand I can join premades (which is very difficult as rare as they are Horde side). However, the mix of bad situations makes for a horrible PvP experience.

Isn't there something that can be done about queue times? Faction changes? Rewards offered to the side with less players to encourage more to queue up? Anything? I know I can reroll an alliance character... but we all know that is not always an option when you play with friends.

Share your thoughts, do you feel the same? Thanks for listening.

That is your opinion, that is fine. But for those of us with busy lives (maybe you have one too, i don't know) it is a lot of time when you can't quest or grind between queues because you have to queue in a city and it teleports you back there after the match is over.

Having long queues is part of playing Horde.

Needing to be in a premade to consistently win is part of Vanilla.

However dodging is a big problem. Ranking would be more challenging for Premaders and PvP would be more enjoyable for PuGs if something was put in place to prevent dodging such as Deserter for dropping group BG queue.

it is not great but it sure beats the AV premade era. You can actually pvp at times.

Ultimately, ranker premades are a large part of why pugs stop queueing. Most people who PvP don't care enough to put together their own premade to face against a rival premade; they'd rather just queue up for a game or two whenever they feel like and actually have a chance at winning.

Put premades in their own queue so that premade vs premade games can still happen. But the PvP population will not improve as long as there are ranker premades driving all the pugs away.

Nost had the same issue at 60 and for many solution was to play twinks for competitive PvP. There were two major 29 twink guilds and it was common to have tryhard 2 hour+ games with full twink prems both sides. Core players from both of these guilds are now playing on Kronos2.

The best solution I found was to not Q anymore.
the only way to have proper PvP on kronos is to level an alt and do pvp in STV

PvP at 60 is non-existent if you join a BG

The best solution I found was to not Q anymore.
the only way to have proper PvP on kronos is to level an alt and do pvp in STV

PvP at 60 is non-existent if you join a BG
When nearly every leveling zone has under 10 players in it at peak time, some as little as 0-3 players of the opposing faction, you're not going to find very much world PvP

Edit: I guess to clarify, I was referring to Kronos 1 and not Kronos 2.

Last edited:
This. My pvp experience on this server has been pretty bad. It stems from a few chronic issues, mainly related to population. In addition, people have bad experiences once or twice and then they avoid battlegrounds like the plague. In response to the argument that people complaining about premades should join one themselves, the pool of people available to group with who are interested in the kind of thing is small.

Only way to fix this PvP is to disable joining in group and hide the bg numbers somehow. I'm playing my last game atm...

u cant play AV AB normaly, cuz some ppl want ,,RANK,, only wsg wsg wsg, wsg wsg wsg and wsg. Isnt here 15 or 40 ppl for old bgs, 10yes... but no more.:blink:

many players actually dont like pvp at all. when nost was closed many ppl from pve nost came over who just want to raid and gear their soldier to not actually do anything else

Thanks for your responses!

Disabling group queue and hiding the battleground numbers sounds like a great idea. Alternatively, Just put pugs vs pugs, and premades vs premades.. I mean seriously, why allow pug players to face premades over and over? So the premade people can stomp the other team into the ground in no time with massive honor gains? Meanwhile, on the losing end, especially in WSG, you get very little honor. It is a major turn off, and drives away many new pug players. Why should a geared and skilled premade group get to play against a bunch of unorganized, possibly casual peeps? They should have to earn their wins too. The only way for them to earn it(most of the time) is to force them to play against other premades. It's not just logical. It's COMMON SENSE.

Kronos devs favored those who were asking easier pvp ranks to premade groups and they nerfed the AV honor. This was a bad move for the majority of players because most bgs are against premades. Ofc the premaders liked it and still trying to tell us that is part of vanilla and such things (you see it all the time from the same premaders).

As a result bgs aren't an option for the most non premade players and I am sure this move was devastated to Kronos population and to the number of players that are playing bgs. Pugs vs premaders don't include pvp only farming....

I left from Kronos 2 after AV changes and never looked back. Without AV this server had no pvp. Only organized players that farming pugs. I don't like it and I left. No problem. And now I checked Kronos site from curiosity and I saw that devs started to talk about merging Kronos 1 and 2. Most likely this means that AV nerfing was indeed a bad move.

I don't plan to return here. Kronos team chose the premaders side so I let them enjoy their decision. But if Kronos keep supporting the premaders they will lose even more people. Especially now that elysium-project took the nostalrius code and the nostalrius database and they are starting a new server with the nostalrius characters. Kronos has good scripting and some good rules but the truth is that Kronos 2 was made mostly from the nostalrius refuges. So Kronos team have to act fast if they consider that players aren't pleased with the pvp status.

As I said, personal I don't mind what and if they do something about premaders. I stopped playing here and I don't plan to return. I was a Nostalrius refugee but I liked Kronos and I think they messed it with their bgs policy....

I have played very little the last 2 weeks. I have logged in a couple times to try and do some battlegrounds. All 3 times i was met with Alliance premades and we got stomped. Yeah... lots of fun. I am sadly moving on from Kronos. Great server, but retarded decision making.

Kronos devs favored those who were asking easier pvp ranks to premade groups and they nerfed the AV honor. This was a bad move for the majority of players because most bgs are against premades. Ofc the premaders liked it and still trying to tell us that is part of vanilla and such things (you see it all the time from the same premaders).

As a result bgs aren't an option for the most non premade players and I am sure this move was devastated to Kronos population and to the number of players that are playing bgs. Pugs vs premaders don't include pvp only farming....

I left from Kronos 2 after AV changes and never looked back. Without AV this server had no pvp. Only organized players that farming pugs. I don't like it and I left. No problem. And now I checked Kronos site from curiosity and I saw that devs started to talk about merging Kronos 1 and 2. Most likely this means that AV nerfing was indeed a bad move.

I don't plan to return here. Kronos team chose the premaders side so I let them enjoy their decision. But if Kronos keep supporting the premaders they will lose even more people. Especially now that elysium-project took the nostalrius code and the nostalrius database and they are starting a new server with the nostalrius characters. Kronos has good scripting and some good rules but the truth is that Kronos 2 was made mostly from the nostalrius refuges. So Kronos team have to act fast if they consider that players aren't pleased with the pvp status.

As I said, personal I don't mind what and if they do something about premaders. I stopped playing here and I don't plan to return. I was a Nostalrius refugee but I liked Kronos and I think they messed it with their bgs policy....

It's REALLY FUCKING HARD to get banned for advertising other servers on the kronos forums.

I have played very little the last 2 weeks. I have logged in a couple times to try and do some battlegrounds. All 3 times i was met with Alliance premades and we got stomped. Yeah... lots of fun. I am sadly moving on from Kronos. Great server, but retarded decision making.

Lol mate, you do realize that this awaits you on any given Vanilla server there is, right? Unless you get a group of your own which is better then enemies'.. You know, same old story, strongest and most organized win consistently, others don't, etc, etc.. Always been like that and it just repeat itself. At least on Kronos there's an anti-dodging measure now, if premades get into each other they can't avoid the game by dropping queue, so pugs can have their own games while premades are in the same battleground. As far as I know, such feature didn't exist on any (at least somewhat serious) other Vanilla project up to date, which allows premades to dodge each other and just farm pugs forever.

Lol mate, you do realize that this awaits you on any given Vanilla server there is, right? Unless you get a group of your own which is better then enemies'.. You know, same old story, strongest and most organized win consistently, others don't, etc, etc.. Always been like that and it just repeat itself. At least on Kronos there's an anti-dodging measure now, if premades get into each other they can't avoid the game by dropping queue, so pugs can have their own games while premades are in the same battleground. As far as I know, such feature didn't exist on any (at least somewhat serious) other Vanilla project up to date, which allows premades to dodge each other and just farm pugs forever.

You are dead wrong.

Pre-DDOS Kronos 1 had 12k players at peak time playing. so if thats 6k per faction and lets say only 1/3 of those ppl are pvping. Thats 2k players to fight for pvp standing. Pvp rank 6 is top 10% of standing, which is 200 standing out of 2000. That was completely doable, sure there were premades but u had so many ppl playing the game it wasnt a big deal.

But now there is like 600 pvpers at MOST per faction which means top 10% is standing of 60. Absolutely impossible when u have chinese players grinding honor 24/7 and premades that you CANT get into because you dont have full T2. I grind honor all week and premades make my weekly honor in 1 or 2 days. Grinding for pvp ranks becomes a complete joke with no reward.

And yes to touch up the other servers like WoW awakening and Nostalrius. Kronos devs if you're reading this. You guys are fucking *****s, you should have listened to your players and because you didn't now your servers will die. You think people are going to play your client when the STRESS TEST of nost was over 7k players!?!? No fucking way, you guys didn't get your shit together after the DDOS and this is what happens.

You are dead wrong.

Pre-DDOS Kronos 1 had 12k players at peak time playing. so if thats 6k per faction and lets say only 1/3 of those ppl are pvping. Thats 2k players to fight for pvp standing. Pvp rank 6 is top 10% of standing, which is 200 standing out of 2000. That was completely doable, sure there were premades but u had so many ppl playing the game it wasnt a big deal.

But now there is like 600 pvpers at MOST per faction which means top 10% is standing of 60. Absolutely impossible when u have chinese players grinding honor 24/7 and premades that you CANT get into because you dont have full T2. I grind honor all week and premades make my weekly honor in 1 or 2 days. Grinding for pvp ranks becomes a complete joke with no reward.

And yes to touch up the other servers like WoW awakening and Nostalrius. Kronos devs if you're reading this. You guys are fucking *****s, you should have listened to your players and because you didn't now your servers will die. You think people are going to play your client when the STRESS TEST of nost was over 7k players!?!? No fucking way, you guys didn't get your shit together after the DDOS and this is what happens.

You re so clueless in every aspect you mentioned, and making up BS that i wont even bother answering to a clueless troll. Kronos didnt favour anyone, in any scenario, they favoured the dodgers, which they tried to prevent now (TOO LATE, but meh). If kronos had this policy since day 1 the pvp environment would never have been poisoned, and so many ppl from nost(including me and other hundred pvpers) would have happily enjoy our time here. But yea Horde dodged, Remedy dodged, gang of shit players which offer 0 competition. THAT and only THAT is the reason kronos dies, cus there is no competition for good guilds/players.

Idk, its AB weekend right now and I'm having fun. A lot of fun and competitive pug vs pug (or maybe partialmade vs partialmade, hard to tell with so small a pop) games going on in early EU evening.

Top Bottom