• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Disabling world buffs

Should world buffs be changed?

• Yes, disable world buffs in raids

Votes: 72 38.7%
  • Yes, keep the current system but make buffs tick even when you log out

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • No, I dislike the current system but it's blizzlike

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • No, I like the current system

Votes: 78 41.9%

• Total voters

If they didn't have a million things count as a buff it wouldn't have been a problem. Everything from stances, windfury and god knows what else have "hidden buffs" heavily limits what you can have. God help the people that might decide to use jom gabbar and badge of the swarmguard at the same time, they are in for a treat. That said, i already have a working solution for the ambience.

Last edited:
All i see here is people dictating how other people should play the game

May as well make a guide called "how to play vanilla wow"

Almost 10 pages of repetitive arguing and bashing... time to lock the thread? :huh:

Don't hate me, I'm just saying it for the sake of your mental health.

Peace!

Disabling world buffs for Naxx causes the raid last a bit longer, but I have no doubt in mind that it is not cleared in the first reset.

Disable buffs, don't disable buffs, it doesn't matter to me as I will still keep raiding.

Everything you need to do is to ask yourself "What is best in life?".

giphy.gif

What about those who don't want to play with world buffs don't pick them up and those who want to have them pick them?

Win - Win situation!

From a game design standpoint the problem with world buffs is that they're worth more on progress for the top guilds than for everyone else, since those guilds can reasonably expect to keep the buffs, while the "bad" guilds will wipe. So you pretty much have to balance the raid around (most) people not having world buffs, or it becomes nigh impossible to kill them for the guilds that won't consistently have world buffs. But balancing things in that way will make it possible to trivialise a lot of the encounters with the power of world buffs.

Top Bottom