• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Don't talk about Blizzlike if it isn't!

Testosterown

I was very trilled about this project, since it was delivered in all News and Sites by being "The True Vanilla Blizzlike experience"...

now i read about lower respec cost, donation items (even if only mounts) many discussions about joining Battlegrounds from anywhere, lower hearthstone CDs and even putting all AHs together. If anything happens this isnt a Blizzlike gaming-experience, so please dont jerk me around Kronos. :mad2:

Joined AH and lowered hearthstones was someone talking about the TBC server.

Respec is 10g which was a bottleneck in vanilla. And a shop with vanity gear, this hardware isn't free

I was very trilled about this project, since it was delivered in all News and Sites by being "The True Vanilla Blizzlike experience"...

now i read about lower respec cost, donation items (even if only mounts) many discussions about joining Battlegrounds from anywhere, lower hearthstone CDs and even putting all AHs together. If anything happens this isnt a Blizzlike gaming-experience, so please dont jerk me around Kronos. :mad2:

Could you please define the word "blizzlike" for me, ideally with an example of a realm that fits this description? Thanks

Sometimes I think that people with attitudes like you, Testosterown, do not belong here.

First of all I suggest you read those "many discussions" properly. Players are free to discuss anything they want, but that does not mean the server will implement it. Unless you find a reply from Chero in those "many discussions" saying "this will be featured on our realm", you can safely assume it won't be featured.

Kronos already had donate system and reduced respec cost long before you even knew that Kronos existed. And these features will remain on the relaunch too. Donate shop at the moment contains mounts, noncombat pets and one tabard.
If these two features are a real issue for you, you are free to choose from any of the other realms or games available.

well, you guys really don't make it easy for us, especially since you don't seem to read properly enough. :wacko:

let me make another try to clear things up a little bit:

What there WILL be on Kronos that's not 'blizzlike': a 10g respec Cap !
'What the hell Kronos, how come you do that SHIT ?! That's not BLIZZLIKE?!': We know this is a modification. And we made that decision with a purpose.
We have quite some experience in the p-server scene and 1 thing that has been a problem on SO MANY other servers is the PvP status. BGs don't open as frequently as most players wish they would. Let alone, how often does it happen that multiple BGs run at the same time ? Yep, pretty rarely or close to never. And that's a problem we want to tackle.
Most of the times, it turns out that most PvE players only reluctantly join some BGs, if they do at all. That is, because they can't afford paying the full respec fee several times a week. And the vanilla community of today doesn't like to go into something with a disadvantage, which in that case means, most PvE players stay away from Battlegrounds because they can't pay for a proper respec all the time.
Going into Bgs with pve speccs only leads to frustration, because you almost can't win against a proper specced group and it also leads to flame among team members: 'how you dare joining BG with pve specc, ******, get out of here'.
The pvp community probably wouldn't be big enough to keep the pvp busy, exciting and refreshing. That's why we want to make pvp more accessible to players who focus more on pve, because both, the pve players and the pvp players profit from this.
A server with a pop of 10k+ (BLIZZLIKE pop numbers) could manage without modifications, on private servers though, this is not realistic.
We are sure, you will LOVE this and it will only help the server.
We are not Blizzard Entertainment, this is the vanilla wow private server scene, we have to make at least a few modifications to make things work. (The result will be more blizzlike (pvp activity), than keeping the respec cap at 50g, trust us when we tell ya !

What will be on Kronos that IS BLIZZLIKE ?
- the XP and Gold-,Item drop rate.
Kronos will go with normal, (or the word you seem to like more: BLIZZLIKE) xp rates. Gold drop from mobs will be normal (BLITZLEIK) as well as green, rare and epic item drops !

- then, for us the even more important thing and especially one of the things that all other server fail to have:
well scripted and working dungeons and quests !!

You call a server 'blizzlike' that has x1 XP rates, but terribly scripted dungeons, without working special events, unfinishable quests and totally wrong damage calculations (spelldmg coefficients etc etc) ??
well interesting point of view !:cool2: We do not call that 'blizzlike'.

What did i forget that you asked about:
Hearthstone CD: Hearthstones will have the full 1h cooldown on KRONOS ! Twinstar's TBC server halfed the cd on their server but NOT on Kronos !!
Also, we fixed an exploit that people love to use: teleporting out of a dungeon via grp leave to save your HS cooldown will not work here. It will put your HS on 1h cooldown after using this way of teleport. Also, the unstuck function will not teleport you to your HS location or Starting Area or whatever, like on other servers.

Auction Houses: WILL NOT BE LINKED ON KRONOS in the beginning ! We reserve the right though to change it, if the server really needs it. (When there's poorly filled AHs on both sides over a long time)

BG Queue Command: on some servers (which people still call 100% blizzlike) such commands have been in place and the community seemed to like it (which is probably why people ask about it here in the first place).
We have shortly exchanged our thoughts about it among the team and we don't like to enable this globally and without any restrictions (like level restrictions). But a final decision has yet to be made.

Donation Items: We only give out items that are not obtainable through ingame play !
These are collectables like Pets (from Blizzcon events, collector's edition etc), the pre 1.4 Mounts (only the mounts, not the required riding skill) and a Tabard. If that is unacceptable for you, then so be it . Interesting way of choosing a server though ... :whistling:

so much to your questions. If you had gone through the info on kronos-wow.com and the FAQ on these forums here, you would have gotten these answers yourself, just saying. Other than that, read carefully what people write here on the fourms.

Last edited:
BG Queue Command: on some servers (which people still call 100% blizzlike) such commands have been in place and the community seemed to like it (which is probably why people ask about it here in the first place).
We have shortly exchanged our thoughts about it among the team and we don't like to enable this globally and without any restrictions (like level restrictions). But a final decision has yet to be made.

Thanks for the very informational post! :wub:.

The bit I'm quoting now though, is a double edged sword imo. I was watching a streamer who plays on a private server. He used this command to join the queue from anywhere. He's kinda into the whole "Blizzlike" thing so I asked why he still used it, and he said; "because it's there". Why have all the Battlemasters in their "Blizzlike" positions in the SW throneroom AND then have a command like this. I doubt ppl will go there to queue up if they don't have to. Humans are lazy by nature. I remember camping the room back in the day, talking with ppl, doing BGs and maybe wind up in some PVP action in the throneroom because the Horde were raiding SW :smile:.

Just thought I'd express my concern about it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the long and extensive explanation Kronoez. Shows that you DO care about the community a little bit, which is good and it definitly gave me some good answers, even though it also made clear that you guys still aren't sure about some things about your server.

"Sometimes I think that people with attitudes like you, Testosterown, do not belong here."

-what kind of people? People who criticize things rather than accepting everything they don't like? The opposite of the modern day gamer who likes every bullshit coming out? Okay my post was not very friendly and even kind of stupid with a little bit of anger but still, one guy from the "Kronos-Team" gave me a good answer which will please a lot of people reading this thread (including me).
If this server should be a community of lemmings, and if that might be your target then you are probably right, I don't belong here. But I can't imagine that this is in Kronos smind.

Well mister negative, if you dont like it, there are many ways to put it. You dont have to go around bashing GMs for calling server Blizzlike just because YOU dont like something. Instead, why didnt you try to start a discussion and throw around some ideas? Kronos is developed to be as much blizzlike as possible and at the same time, to be just a bit more user friendly.

I dont really know why kids think that "if its blizzlike, its automatically better".

Kronos is developed to be as much blizzlike as possible and at the same time, to be just a bit more user friendly.

The 10g respec cap is a good thing and welcomed, but this is not Blizzlike. This is just a slippery slope. If you guys can change the respec cost and still call it blizzlike, why can't you change X if it will make the game more userfriendly?

I dont really know why kids think that "if its blizzlike, its automatically better".

Any customization to the 1.12 server is decried on these forums as not Blizzlike. The moment any criticism is brought up about TwinStar reducing respec changes to a maximum of 10g, then the defenders of blizzlike become its harshest opponents.

Blizzlike is a relative term. It is the best thing ever, when i need to use it to support my argument. But it becomes trivial, when someone uses it against my argument.

Go full 'blizzlike' or abandon the term completely.

[video=youtube;6fZZqDJXOVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZZqDJXOVg[/video]
Wow! This is the answer of a Kronos Team-Member after some critical feedback about the project from a community member. Blizz-Like would still being friendly to their community...good night Kronos.

Wow! This is the answer of a Kronos Team-Member after some critical feedback about the project from a community member. Blizz-Like would still being friendly to their community...good night Kronos.

Lighten up man. It's just jokes.
:haha:​

You focused on what one person says and disregard the detailed answers to your concerns?...you are right to call out this post, but don't blatantly disregard the fact that your concerns were addressed

Ya I agree while I disagree with the OP mostly this seems a little out of place coming from a staff member.

Maybe it is time to redefine "blizzlike" terminology?
In my mind i picture it like this:
- at least 20 distinct servers
- at least 25k population on every server
- 9 Euro montlly fee and a legit copy of WoW
- some default settings like XP rate, gold income and item drops
- good scripts.
But i will not defend this "blizzlike" status that Kronos aims for. It might have a marketing purpose but still it is a very good product. I played almost on all vanilla servers and i am 100% sure Kronos 2 was the best.

This thread is so cute. I can't tell what the point of it is either. If your new to private server community, and don't know better then I understand. If not then I have no idea what you're getting at. Here's the deal. In the vanilla private server community this server will be blizzlike. Because the word blizzlike does not mean "100% blizzard copy". Now if you are a little mad that the term "blizzlike" doesn't mean 100% blizzard copy.... You're gonna have a bad time in the private server community. So welcome to the community! Try to ask questions before you throw a fit.

This reply of yours confirms my writing and shows your lack of knowledge. Read something about Kronos.

Thank you for the long and extensive explanation Kronoez. Shows that you DO care about the community a little bit, which is good and it definitly gave me some good answers, even though it also made clear that you guys still aren't sure about some things about your server.

"Sometimes I think that people with attitudes like you, Testosterown, do not belong here."

-what kind of people? People who criticize things rather than accepting everything they don't like? The opposite of the modern day gamer who likes every bullshit coming out? Okay my post was not very friendly and even kind of stupid with a little bit of anger but still, one guy from the "Kronos-Team" gave me a good answer which will please a lot of people reading this thread (including me).
If this server should be a community of lemmings, and if that might be your target then you are probably right, I don't belong here. But I can't imagine that this is in Kronos smind.

The kind of people who post a bunch of crap that no one ever said would be added. Imagine what the forums would look like if every new forum member made a thread like this. It just shows you didnt bother to read the forums before making a thread.

Blizz LIKE =/= Blizz COPY. It's impossible to copy exactly what the 1.12.1 patch looked like in it's entirety. Still, half of the things in the OP (hearthstone CDs, linked AHs) are not true about Kronos.

I understand peoples issues with wanting the 100% gosu nostalgia-producing machine that is vanilla classic, but in reality the closest we can come is to blizzlike, and not blizzcopy.

I've played on feenix, scriptcraft, scriptcraft II, molten, valkyrie, and other random vanilla servers. What I've seen from the test server is beyond comparable to any of the aforementioned in terms of attention to detail and being "blizzlike". The only thing confirmed non-blizzcopy is reduction of respec costs. The cosmetic store allows the server to sustain itself, and the mounts are nothing that would have been impossible to see during vanilla anyway.

Just to point it out, Rivfaader is a Moderator on the whole Twinstar forums, but he is not part of the 'Kronos Team'.
I know, it's hard for you to see a difference, cause you probably only see the 'English' forum part of the whole Twinstar Forum.

Only Chero, or people with the forum title 'Kronos Team', like myself, are actually part of the Kronos Team.

... If anything happens this isnt a Blizzlike gaming-experience ...
:sad:

You, and many other people are unaware of one important thing -- no server isn't a ultimate Blizzlike gaming experience unless you have at least 5k+ online players on one realm.

So, you must, paradoxically, always do some minor "anti-blizzlike" changes on the server if you want this "Blizzlike gaming experience" in the closest form as on retail, there on private server.

Top Bottom