• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Don't talk about Blizzlike if it isn't!

Guys, guys, Don't feed the troll, he is hooking you like it's your first day on the internet... :w00t:

Guys, guys, Don't feed the troll, he is hooking you like it's your first day on the internet... :w00t:

Well sure, but I have gotten some answers I have been looking for! :)

Are there donation prices for different items available now? What types of mounts could you get for donations? Are they already in the 1.12.1 patch or are they added by kronos?

Just to point it out, Rivfaader is a Moderator on the whole Twinstar forums, but he is not part of the 'Kronos Team'.
I know, it's hard for you to see a difference, cause you probably only see the 'English' forum part of the whole Twinstar Forum.

Only Chero, or people with the forum title 'Kronos Team', like myself, are actually part of the Kronos Team.
Good to know, thank you.

And after all the hate against me: I'm still looking forward to play on this server. I got some answers in this thread which were really interesting and also the GMs made clear what we can expect in the future about modifying stuff not Vanilla-like. Of course there were some misunderstandings from my site. Gives me a better feeling now.

Good to know, thank you.

And after all the hate against me: I'm still looking forward to play on this server. I got some answers in this thread which were really interesting and also the GMs made clear what we can expect in the future about modifying stuff not Vanilla-like. Of course there were some misunderstandings from my site. Gives me a better feeling now.

You are such a poser :S
To stupid to use search and gather informations on your own but then making replys aka "nothing is my fault its my right to be stupid and annoy other people with it"

I think it's the time we just ignore peeps like this. Whole internet turned into dumphole because ****ts, ****ts who think they are right they are the "stars" they know what's the best for the others throwing crap on others because somebody stated something and they must follow it 100 percently. Like John Cleese said "You have to be relatively intelligent to realise how stupid you are, if you lack any intelligence then you don't have skills or knowledge to actually know how stupid you are" which really make sense. I don't want to hate on others but i have enough of this crap. If you can't post anything constructive you should really just sod off and go cry elsewhere. And about that South Park thing, it only show how stupid you are and don't get jokes, because it requires to have a brain.

Now go spit on me spit on Kronos because they are not Blizzlike...

Well sure, but I have gotten some answers I have been looking for! :)

Are there donation prices for different items available now? What types of mounts could you get for donations? Are they already in the 1.12.1 patch or are they added by kronos?

There are old mounts that are unobtainable now, as that is a rule for the donation items. No custom additions, only stuff already present in the game. And yes, prices are set already.

If want to check them out, you can create a game account (it's a separate account from this forum acc), this game account will be used to log into Kronos and it will also work for other Twintar realms (TBC, WotLK, Cata).
When you log into your account on the twinstar.cz main site, you can explore "The Shop" and "Donation Help" buttons on the right.

BG Queue Command: on some servers (which people still call 100% blizzlike) such commands have been in place and the community seemed to like it (which is probably why people ask about it here in the first place).
We have shortly exchanged our thoughts about it among the team and we don't like to enable this globally and without any restrictions (like level restrictions). But a final decision has yet to be made.
It's easy. Don't introduce that command. Why? Because it is not blizzlike and will ruin everything about BG queueing. What's the point of battleground NPCs if you can use the BG command and queue from anywhere? BG rooms where once really fun place to go into because there would be many players standing there jumping running around and talking. Perhaps even some premades were born that way. BG queueing from anywhere on blizzard servers ruined that thing for lots of us.
I remember when every part of the city actually had a god damn purpose. When i first saw thunderbluff i was like wooooaaaah look at this shit i get up there?? Woaah look at that view! (then i jumped off few times into the death itself i don't know why but it was fun ) Then i cruised around the city and realized how every part of it has a purpose. Don't ruin this! Simple bg command that allows you to queue from anywhere will just ruin this! No one will bother going to war rooms because they don't have to! easy as that.

It's easy. Don't introduce that command. Why? Because it is not blizzlike and will ruin everything about BG queueing. What's the point of battleground NPCs if you can use the BG command and queue from anywhere? BG rooms where once really fun place to go into because there would be many players standing there jumping running around and talking. Perhaps even some premades were born that way. BG queueing from anywhere on blizzard servers ruined that thing for lots of us.
I remember when every part of the city actually had a god damn purpose. When i first saw thunderbluff i was like wooooaaaah look at this shit i get up there?? Woaah look at that view! (then i jumped off few times into the death itself i don't know why but it was fun ) Then i cruised around the city and realized how every part of it has a purpose. Don't ruin this! Simple bg command that allows you to queue from anywhere will just ruin this! No one will bother going to war rooms because they don't have to! easy as that.

I guess I can see the appeal there, although you're talking about eliminating a critically important feature on low pop servers (all private servers) to satisfy your extremely abstract - and scarcely held - perspective.

On a server with <1000 people modifications have to be made. If you want a mirror image blizzard server then go recruit 4000 other players and come back. But, if you want to have an enjoyable 1.12.1 private server you're going to have to accept some trivial modifications such as bg command queueing.

BG command queueing is the single best change I have experienced on private servers, and I will say it is the one feature that led me to choose Rebirth over all others. People will not queue as often if they are tied to the battlemasters. This is going to hinder pvp participation which is likely to be intermittent at best on an already small server. Similarly, the world will enjoy less activity because people will be tethered to cities.

You are essentially asking for one of the most critical features of a vibrant private server to be discarded to satisfy your personal sense of nostalgia (which can be fulfilled through a million other ways in game regardless).

Wow! This is the answer of a Kronos Team-Member after some critical feedback about the project from a community member. Blizz-Like would still being friendly to their community...good night Kronos.

If it truly was blizzlike, you probably wouldnt even get an answer..

Also, there are right and wrong way of doing things.. this includes "critical feedback" and attitude.

Does sharpening stones have 30 minutes durations like in item description? or 60 minutes?

I already know this is going to be wall of text so sorry about that.

I really don't like how every private server and it's community fight about this blizzlike/non-blizzlike crap. You might wrap it in gold but this still won't be blizz-like. Get over it. You can't relive Vanilla as it was. And don't blame the server because even if you attempted - your best bet would be to bash your head with a club in order to forget everything you know about the game.

Read some old forum posts - there were Warriors stacking Spirit in order to boost HP regen and nobody laughed at them because noone knew better. However most of you know way to much about this game to relive that "first time". People will be running optimized specs with appropriate equipment.

What Kronos is trying to achieve (I hope someone will back me up here) is not create Vanilla, but to resurrect it and to give you a chance to experience it. And that is the difference. I'm not saying they should go around changing everything but we know by now what the problems were/might be and if Blizzard never continiued with Expansions they would tackle them too. We know people will be poor as fuck waiting for devil to spawn to do "WTT soul for training money". Then why not help 'em buy lowering the respec price until economy gets some shape and people start to make money.

If anyone wants to brag about something not being 100% blizzlike then you're at the wrong spot. It never will be. But people are working their ass of to give you a chance to experience it as similar as it was. Want it to be Blizzlike? Well I guess Chero might aswell implement that legendary "We're going to Silithus for AQ event, whoops ship end up in Stonetalon Mountains".

tl;dr

You can't relive the Vanilla, so don't try. But you can enjoy the game as it was and make the experience as pleasurable as it gets.

Wow! This is the answer of a Kronos Team-Member after some critical feedback about the project from a community member. Blizz-Like would still being friendly to their community...good night Kronos.

I know this is a necro'd thread, but I just have to....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.....
sorry, I'm done n-hahahahahahahaha blizz hahahahahahahahaha... friendly to community... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok, all out of my syst.. hahahahahahahahahahaha, ending now before I keep going /wipes tears

I was very trilled about this project, since it was delivered in all News and Sites by being "The True Vanilla Blizzlike experience"...

now i read about lower respec cost, donation items (even if only mounts) many discussions about joining Battlegrounds from anywhere, lower hearthstone CDs and even putting all AHs together. If anything happens this isnt a Blizzlike gaming-experience, so please dont jerk me around Kronos. :mad2:

Half of those are bullshit anyway and second, "true" blizzlike is impossible to achieve. You should calm down and enjoy, given the bugtracker, I can tell you this server out of all will be the most blizzlike

What brings me back to vanilla servers is the community. Retail wow has absolutely no community, compared to what the private vanilla servers got. And I absolutely love the game.

I think the way Kronos has decided to do stuff is great (10g max respec cost etc). The nostalgia has a little to do with it, but not much in my experience. It's the community and gameplay.

The nostalgia has a little to do with it, but not much in my experience. It's the community and gameplay.

Yeah, it's annoying when sometimes I talk to people on retail WoW about Vanilla, and inevitably I hear "it's just nostalgia". Except no, it's not at all. Vanilla is genuinely a better game to me and does indeed encourage a sense of community, way more than retail WoW.

Yeah, it's annoying when sometimes I talk to people on retail WoW about Vanilla, and inevitably I hear "it's just nostalgia". Except no, it's not at all. Vanilla is genuinely a better game to me and does indeed encourage a sense of community, way more than retail WoW.

Totally agree.

Not necessarily. I believe some (maybe many) of those who regularly brag on blizzard forums about vanilla might not remember (or they are simply in denial) all the flaws it had. I agree that vanilla was best at being the most social out of all the versions of the game. Now this aspect is pure ****. Garrison is utter **** - game just plays for you, I dont have to explain. You know all that already :smile:

I remember when TBC came out, I was one of the first people to brag on the forums about the expansion being bad compared to vanilla. You know, resilience ruined pvp, old PvP system was gone - no more fun. Raid were smaller and whatnot. I didn't find out until years later that all those things actually made the game better (imo). Looking back at myself when I was playing vanilla, the best part of the game was levelling up to 60 - that's where I had most fun. After that all hell broke loose.

Truth is I absolutely hated vanilla pvp aside from duels in front of Ironforge/Stormwind. I absolutely hated the PvP system because all you needed to succeed was a premade raid of pvpers with the same mindset and insane amounts time. It was actually funny seeing the top rank 14 players fail in arenas in TBC while the people from whom you'd have least expected it, were gladiators. Also, I believe resilience was the best stat ever introduced in the history of the game.

I didn't particularly like 40 man raids either. Too much room for slacking. And people did. Also, 40+ people on TS/Vent - not my cup of tea. At least the raids were great in design, for the most part.
I guess what I am trying to say is that many people tend to praise vanilla as the golden version of WoW and might not even know why or they simple don't remember. I used to be like that too.

You might find yourself wondering why I felt the need to write this. Well, some people here will play mainly due to nostalgia - me and some of my friends who quit after TBC. I intend to have a blast leveling with them and others, use every opportunity to be social, do all the quests I can in the process. But when I hit 60? I might level another character, or just semi-quit. Because after max level, vanilla for me (at least) was never that great. There were better expansions with regards to engame content imo.

PS: the whole post represents my opinion and I am fully aware that possibly 90%+ of the Kronos community feels the opposite way. So don't bash me please.

Last edited:

I must agree with you. Even though Vanilla is my favorite version of WoW, it's not perfect and each expansion improved the game in some way. But, sadly, it took something from it in return.
I have once sayed already - I don't think that any expansion is bad, but it's a bit different game. And Vanilla vs WoD are nearly completely different games, each suited for different players.

Aye, I agree with Xarias as well. Tbh what I love about vanilla is the low lvl experience. For me on Feenix lvling my first 60 was a true odyssey, and I'm looking forward to doing it again on Kronos (it'll be even cooler as the whole server will be new), this time without tons of bugged quests, broken aggro mechanics and half of dungeon events not working.

But for me who loves PvP and hates raiding, being 60 in vanilla is a pain. I can't get good gear unless I give up my life and grind to r13 or r14 and thus get completely crushed by T1 or T2 geared people. It's always the same BGs over and over, Horde crushes Alliance (at least on Feenix) and racials have the worst balance one could imagine.

Nevertheless, I guess it shouldn't be as bad on Kronos as everyone will have relatively recent 60s. I guess I could put some effort and try to enjoy raiding in order to get some gear. And in any case, if I get bored of the 60 experience I'll just start another character :)

Haha my friends, this thread is 3 months old, my opinion has changed 180+ degree since there. But thanks for the flames anyway. :laugh:

Haha my friends, this thread is 3 months old, my opinion has changed 180+ degree since there. But thanks for the flames anyway.

Haha yeah I had noticed the friendly fire that was going on... It's nice to see your opinion evolved :D

May I ask what specifically changed your opinion :)? Just out of curiosity. Its good to people accept other opinions, and like Lexenadar said, evolve. Instead of just close themselves off and reject anything that doesn't agree with them.

Honestly the community changed my opinion. They had good points about all the topics I was flaming on and they were right. And also: There will never be a 100% true blizzlike experience and maybe it is good like this.

Top Bottom