• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Goth 2 - Tribute to Nostalrius

perpxgodx

by a fucking light year, one of the best players to ever touch vanilla

[video=youtube;s0iXnNHb59I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0iXnNHb59I[/video]

from youtube:

Hello everyone,
The video i made didn't go well as i thought.Sadly our server
Nostalrius got shutdown by Blizzard and i was forced to finish it before my actual plans.In my opinion the content is not great as i wanted it to be but in the end thats the only last memory i could create before losing contact with everyone i played with.
Hope you enjoy and RIP Nostalrius.
What to expect:
-World PvP
-Engineering
-Editing
-1vsx
-2vsx
-Group fghts
-Inside jokes
-Movie reference
-Duel series
-Few tricks
-No succubus
---------------------
Note:
-I didn't include all the duel series i had with the guys,since the video was gonna get more than 40min.
-Theres a lot of scenes that i consider "fillers" and average but after the shutdown thats all i had left to finish the movie.
-Still some flaws in the gameplay.
-Strange resolution.
-2 short white/black screens, result of problems with rendering.
-The number of people i wanted to thank was really big,so im sincerely sorry if you didn't see your name and you were my friend.
---------------------

Thanks to everyone that has been my friend during my stay in Nostalrius , wish you all the best.

Why did he Howl of Terror instead of Fear at 2:40?
exactly on that moment - when he drinked invul pot, I'd guess he decided to HoT to cc rogue even if he gonna vanish
also he possibly predicted one more opponent and since terror and fear effects are different, cc em both. can be wrong tho bout last

I know it's a big part of endgame vanilla PvP, but I just hate the amount of potion abuse. Faps, laps, invulnerables, invis, I just think yea k /golfclap, not that he doesn't play good but it's just 2 much tryharding for me.

Edit: Jungle Remedy in the SP duel ^,-
Also the fear immunity with Curse of Reklessness reflect didn't work against the SP?

Last edited:
I have to agree with Maredasan for the most part. Watching this video, it makes the doubt I can even do anything on my own lock without engineering, tidal charm, invuln/living action pot abuse when this very good player has to rely so heavily on it. He did say the video was rushed though.

If you have CoR on you, fear effects will still hit you, but they won't be active. In the case with the shadow priest, psychic scream was up as a debuff but didn't make him run away in fear, he still had full control over his character.

Ah k, didn't quite see that while skipping through those scenes.

P.S. Seems the newb finally got muted, good stuff.

Watching this video, it makes the doubt I can even do anything on my own lock without engineering, tidal charm, invuln/living action pot abuse when this very good player has to rely so heavily on it.

steady on there, tiger

there's a very fine line that the majority of players don't notice unfortunately when it comes to these things

- in the first clip, he was opened on by a r14 rogue and mage, if he doesn't lap the cheap, he's 100% dead
- if he doesn't follow up with an instant cc on the rogue and gain distance immediately so he can begin to freecast, he's also dead. bare in mind tidal takes up one trinket slot & he could've naded but there's a chance he gets blinded during the nade cast, or the rogue vanishes, meaning he's also dead upon reopen
- his engineering usage is very soft, there isn't an abundance of helms because they're not needed, but reflector usage is absolutely fine given the fact that some fights would be lost without well thought out usage of them
- 3rd clip he tidals a rank 14 warrior who chunks him to 50% in 2 globals. the warrior trinkets into a coil and now he's on 50% hp, very little mana and a full t2 rogue is going to open on him. i don't know what world you're living in where not using invuln there isn't a good idea. anything else and he'd have died
- vs. the r13 hunter, if he doesn't net->nade->howl he's dead. he's already used stv trinket (hue). hunter even rhelms him after
- vs. bwl geared lock/mage, he pops srefl (again bare in mind this could be used for another trinket) and the lock doesn't cast into it, so he's forced to spell lock to avoid eating immo. he adapts when things don't go his way, regardless
- @ 7:05 3 melees, well geared beating on him. what's he gonna do, try and fakecast all 3 of them while he dies? invuln pot howl is the correct, and his only play. it doesn't net him the win, he still has to continue to outplay them afterwards

it's world pvp, anything goes. he doesn't know what's in his enemies inventories or what they could pull out of the bag, and the correct play versus well geared and especially r12+ players is to assume they're running engi or multiple means of control. these players aren't undergeared, pulling off 1vx means you've gotta utilise all vanilla has to offer within reason; he doesn't cross the line, he uses exactly what he needs to use to survive and not a single good player will tell you otherwise

there's such a thing as using items when they're not needed and then there's utilising everything perfectly

steady on there, tiger

there's a very fine line that the majority of players don't notice unfortunately when it comes to these things

:rolleyes2:

- in the first clip, he was opened on by a r14 rogue and mage, if he doesn't lap the cheap, he's 100% dead
- if he doesn't follow up with an instant cc on the rogue and gain distance immediately so he can begin to freecast, he's also dead. bare in mind tidal takes up one trinket slot & he could've naded but there's a chance he gets blinded during the nade cast, or the rogue vanishes, meaning he's also dead upon reopen
- his engineering usage is very soft, there isn't an abundance of helms because they're not needed, but reflector usage is absolutely fine given the fact that some fights would be lost without well thought out usage of them
- 3rd clip he tidals a rank 14 warrior who chunks him to 50% in 2 globals. the warrior trinkets into a coil and now he's on 50% hp, very little mana and a full t2 rogue is going to open on him. i don't know what world you're living in where not using invuln there isn't a good idea. anything else and he'd have died
- vs. the r13 hunter, if he doesn't net->nade->howl he's dead. he's already used stv trinket (hue). hunter even rhelms him after
- vs. bwl geared lock/mage, he pops srefl (again bare in mind this could be used for another trinket) and the lock doesn't cast into it, so he's forced to spell lock to avoid eating immo. he adapts when things don't go his way, regardless
- @ 7:05 3 melees, well geared beating on him. what's he gonna do, try and fakecast all 3 of them while he dies? invuln pot howl is the correct, and his only play. it doesn't net him the win, he still has to continue to outplay them afterwards

So without engineering/tidal/pots and other minor things I won't be able to stand a chance against any skilled player not to speak multiple ones :/

Thanks for confirming my thoughts and thank you for the very detailed response, I appreciate it a lot!

Nobody says he isn't playing good, nor that he isn't good at abusing all this stuff, nor that he is abusing more than what he would need to. In many cases it's the only way out, the only way for him to win, which is understandable, u shouldn't be able to win 1v3 if the enemies are fully geared and not completely brain dead. But imagine a world where everyone is as tryhard, and abuses so much? Imagine the enemies using shadowprot potion and what not, I just don't like it. I like your tournament rules cause they are fair, this is not (imo). U could just as well call this movie "good player mastering potion use with example fights."

you are wrong, he didnt use helm cause its bug on nost (regression) 50% of time auto attack break the effect when you hit with helm

source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXm2bdG2ZDk

In the first clip the R14 rogue "respect" was no confident all cause PVE spec

Last edited:
So without engineering/tidal/pots and other minor things I won't be able to stand a chance against any skilled player not to speak multiple ones :/

Thanks for confirming my thoughts and thank you for the very detailed response, I appreciate it a lot!

horo i think everyone here knows what you're capable of, you don't need me to tell you that

you don't have to be a good player to press charge+hamstring+ms on a r14 geared warrior and chunk someone to 50-60% hp but in another xpac you're not gonna get that chance in an equal geared situation. it's the little things that separate the greats from the good players, like trigz single tick evocating on energy tick to win himself a duel

utilising pots/engi etc adds more functionality to scenarios that otherwise wouldn't last very long due to the way vanilla's designed and being able to notice that the player's still able to maintain solid target control, awareness, movement and clearly has thought ahead for every situation, regardless of successful outcome or not (and you can see he adapts when things don't go his way, something you don't see in nearly every other vanilla movie) is important

interpret my words as you will, i hope you can be a little more open minded and less concrete, maybe you'll learn something :)

Nobody says he isn't playing good, nor that he isn't good at abusing all this stuff, nor that he is abusing more than what he would need to. In many cases it's the only way out, the only way for him to win, which is understandable, u shouldn't be able to win 1v3 if the enemies are fully geared and not completely brain dead. But imagine a world where everyone is as tryhard, and abuses so much? Imagine the enemies using shadowprot potion and what not, I just don't like it. I like your tournament rules cause they are fair, this is not (imo). U could just as well call this movie "good player mastering potion use with example fights."

my response was more to the people who think he's using potions when he doesn't need to

and yeah i feel you, at the end of the day it's meant for entertainment and while he does pot a lot during the wpvp he's still able to display mastery of his class in addition to the odd pot, which give him the utility he needs to show off more

Last edited:
interpret my words as you will, i hope you can be a little more open minded and less concrete, maybe you'll learn something :)

That's rich coming from the same person who writes this earlier in his post:

horo i think everyone here knows what you're capable of, you don't need me to tell you that

you don't have to be a good player to press charge+hamstring+ms on a r14 geared warrior and chunk someone to 50-60% hp but in another xpac

Again with the trash talk, I'll disregard your opinion based just on that. Come back when you have something meaningful to say. I would enjoy it more talking with you if you weren't such an insufferable jerk.

This vid was sick! Watched like 4-5 times. Some cool tricks he had up his sleeve ^^. Haters are going to hate though. Keep up the good work goth. Some insanely good plays here.

always thought amount of zoom ins and slow mo was inversely proportional to skill

nice vid, tnx for share

lol'ed at ppl saying the usage of all gadgets vanilla has to offer isn't skill. Exactly this usage and its clever and situational usage is the skill indicator in vanilla. Otherwise pvp fights would rely completely on class skills and gear, and the outcome of a fight would be pretty obvious each time.

im pretty sure dusch have some montage on his channel without any cons use, just this time he was aiming to show MAXIMAL warlock solo potential (I not mean raidbuffs n shit, but I think u got what I mean), pvp cons n devices n shit in use

lol'ed at ppl saying the usage of all gadgets vanilla has to offer isn't skill. Exactly this usage and its clever and situational usage is the skill indicator in vanilla. Otherwise pvp fights would rely completely on class skills and gear, and the outcome of a fight would be pretty obvious each time.

couldn't have said it better, some people here are just really sore :backkill:

Top Bottom