• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How to pass the time?

Playing through the Tomb Raider games on PC. Tried playing Tomb Raider 2014 version and it was a very nice looking rail shooter - lasted about 2 hours before I couldn't take anymore mindless crap... Went back to the 1996 version where you actually have to explore and invest time in the game.

New Tomb Raider = New WoW
Old Tomb Raider = Vanilla

:smile:

The way I've started passing the time is to read through the bug reports and try to find evidence proving it's a bug and what the fix needs to be or that it's not a bug. I'm not sure how significant my contributions are but they make me feel good lol.

I tried contacting Thott, the guy who originally made Thottbot for Vanilla wow all those years ago to see if he might have a personal backup of the database from 2005 - 2006 he would be willing to donate to Kronos. Sadly no response :(
I've got a feeling that since Thottbot is owned by what looks like Curse, he can't do it legally :p

Other than that... Watching all the PvP videos on Vanilla WoW Movies https://www.youtube.com/user/vanillawowmovies
Then pouting that I can't actually play right meow :crying:

Last edited:
You can always pass the time by listening to my new raiding/dungeon/questing mix!

[video=youtube;Uq42YueD2mQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq42YueD2mQ[/video]
Crap. I never understood how people could not like the unbelievable soundtrack from WoW! ;)

Crap. I never understood how people could not like the unbelievable soundtrack from WoW! ;)

Yep, totally agree. Sometimes I catch myself humming The Shaping of the World in the shower :whistling: But my personal favorite is Dungeon Siege soundtrack, similar kind of music btw - epic and very melodic. These RPG songs are just awesome :yes: Elder Scrolls series has got some great stuff too.

Yep, totally agree. Sometimes I catch myself humming The Shaping of the World in the shower :whistling: But my personal favorite is Dungeon Siege soundtrack, similar kind of music btw - epic and very melodic. These RPG songs are just awesome :yes: Elder Scrolls series has got some great stuff too.
For me WoW is still leading, but Elder Scrolls 3 to Skyrim are extreme - specially Skyrim is so damn dark and "cold" but beautiful aswell.

I have like 100 games on my steam account, so I have plenty of stuff to dig into. But I kinda wanna try Farcry 4. Played Farcry 3 and it was awesome!

I have like 100 games on my steam account, so I have plenty of stuff to dig into. But I kinda wanna try Farcry 4. Played Farcry 3 and it was awesome!
I played FarCry 4 and honestly, I found it kinda boring. Or maybe its just me growing out of the fps genre.

If you didn't enjoy FC3 very much, then don't bother with FC4. It also has the awful ubisoft checklist system, which poorly tries to trick you into thinking there's actually stuff to do outside the main quest.

tried it (FC4) recently too, the visuals are beautiful but the gameplay and story are still very simplified and teen-oriented - if you need a solid fps have a look at arma3 or even the original op flashpoint game, both very good.

talkin bout wow though:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BRtgVBIK!KLSANE5xfkZMIhaHcPKfFScCQ9coLqSMNf6El3-KLTA

was linked to this lately, it's a classic '04 guide, released even before MC was (see page 181). only read a little but it's very old school and might be a big hit with the nostalgia junkies hanging around. got lists of seemingly everything and runs just over 400 pages in length. take a look at link above perhaps, was quite interesting to look over.

tried it (FC4) recently too, the visuals are beautiful but the gameplay and story are still very simplified and teen-oriented - if you need a solid fps have a look at arma3 or even the original op flashpoint game, both very good.

talkin bout wow though:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BRtgVBIK!KLSANE5xfkZMIhaHcPKfFScCQ9coLqSMNf6El3-KLTA

was linked to this lately, it's a classic '04 guide, released even before MC was (see page 181). only read a little but it's very old school and might be a big hit with the nostalgia junkies hanging around. got lists of seemingly everything and runs just over 400 pages in length. take a look at link above perhaps, was quite interesting to look over.

Hehe, I have a copy of that guide, it's a bit tattered from use nowadays. I still to this day enjoy reading in it, even if many of the advice sections are rather ehmm not optimal. Like fx it mentions that mages can use swords if they want to deal significant melee dmg and such:p But overall it's a good read that takes you back to simpler MMO times.

AAAAAH I just can't wait! A lot of Eams coming towards me so I hope for a releasedate after april 1st. STILL SO EXCITED!

Top Bottom