• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Improved Models - WiP !

Go for Vote! Please vote which models you want to update.Multiple Choise!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unbelievable work, how dose one go about installing this and keeping it updated?

Any plans to do Raid mobs and bosses? Weapons and Gear? Enchanted items?

I'm SO HARD from this thread!!

This will be one time patched thing. I ain't gonna make any further changes, im changing what ever is possible and been worked from the game engine, since game is old and different from the newer versions we cant have complicated models and particles (effects) to work. Many Dreanor models was rejected due to those effects. Already some that are included also dont have all particles working. Game is old and we are lucky that supports those kind of staff.

Raid mobs and bosses are affected too since they use the same creature model you find outside but its been scaled.

I dont want to change weapons or gear, tho i had a thought do some other imports but not going to happen any time soon. With the release i have already done and replace most of game spells from those of Dreanor, those that worth the effort, i.e. the new paladin seals in dreanor has new animations that classic doesn't have or present of mind from mage that was a plain spell with no effect i add a new affect on it as long as it stays on caster.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever you release this I will be there to test it out.
This just looks to awesome to miss out.

I was always fan of vanilla gameplay (played on multiple less popular private servers) but I never liked shabby looks of vanilla wow.

With few newly released addons and this project of yours, vanilla wow looks better than ever.
Thanks man, entire vanilla wow community will be in your debt.

Thanks for your kind words mate, and yeah i love classic too. Tho as i have said in earlier posts or in the beginning of this thread i own that to Koward for his exceptional work that he did creating this tool. As i've said before many mods and such things happen only from WotLK and beyond due to the fact that game is close to what it is now. Legion as i saw is bringing more eye candy (less interested in lore and etc) and i believe since its complication to its models will not be able to enjoy it in classic or TBC.

Last edited:
Raid mobs and bosses are affected too since they use the same creature model you find outside but its been scaled.

That's to bad, though totally understandable.

I dont want to change weapons or gear, tho i had a thought do some other imports but not going to happen any time soon. With the release i have already done and replace most of game spells from those of Dreanor, those that worth the effort, i.e. the new paladin seals in dreanor has new animations that classic doesn't have or present of mind from mage that was a plain spell with no effect i add a new affect on it as long as it stays on caster.

Didn't really mean change, more so enhanced raid sets/weps making them not look so bland.

Didn't really mean change, more so enhanced raid sets/weps making them not look so bland.

That requires from someone to know photoshop in advance stages to edit those specific textures and enhance them. Im not unfortunately an photoshop pro user, im a basic user.

I made the vote poll so people see the new epic mount models and tell me if they want ingame. I normaly would update all, but i want to see people reactions on that matter. Here is the photos of how new models look, for those who aren't aware of this.
Alliance
Human
ArmoredWarhorse_zpsqyqbtyj1.jpg

Dwarf
ArmoredWarRam_zpsr5nakoh9.jpg

Night Elf
ArmoredNightsaber_zpsobrvn51q.jpg

Gnome
ArmoredMechano_zpspxyw1ilu.jpg

Horde
Orc
armoredwolf_zpsxftbonga.jpg

Troll
ArmoredRaptor_zps8ukrbwtn.jpg

Tauren
armoredkodo_zpssthie7qc.png

Undead
502421-skeletal-war-horse_zpsc9xqxoeb.jpg

There gonna be also re color of those skins.I might need some help on that, so if anyone know photoshop better than me that im a basic user can pst me and talk about it.

Here is the already changed models :
Night Elf
WoWScrnShot_031916_201416_zpsuzln0dsx.jpg

Undead
WoWScrnShot_031416_092314_zpsgby3vpvh.jpg
Poll will stay up for 30 days so make you opinion count.
Cheers Zero!

Last edited:
I made the vote poll so people see the new epic mount models and tell me if they want ingame. I normaly would update all, but i want to see people reactions on that matter. Here is the photos of how new models look, for those who aren't aware of this.
Alliance
Human
ArmoredWarhorse_zpsqyqbtyj1.jpg

Dwarf
ArmoredWarRam_zpsr5nakoh9.jpg

Night Elf
ArmoredNightsaber_zpsobrvn51q.jpg

Gnome
ArmoredMechano_zpspxyw1ilu.jpg

Horde
Orc
armoredwolf_zpsxftbonga.jpg

Troll
ArmoredRaptor_zps8ukrbwtn.jpg

Tauren
armoredkodo_zpssthie7qc.png

Undead
502421-skeletal-war-horse_zpsc9xqxoeb.jpg

There gonna be also re color of those skins.I might need some help on that, so if anyone know photoshop better than me that im a basic user can pst me and talk about it.

Here is the already changed models :
Night Elf
WoWScrnShot_031916_201416_zpsuzln0dsx.jpg

Undead
WoWScrnShot_031416_092314_zpsgby3vpvh.jpg
Poll will stay up for 30 days so make you opinion count.
Cheers Zero!

These mounts would look so much better without those flags on them.

I love you Zerocool!! O.O this is exactly what I've been searching! Keep up with the great work please!! ;-P
Oh, and I think somebody already mentioned, but when you release it, it would be great if it didn't come on the .exe format, then more people can enjoy it, for instance I'm on my mac.. just a suggestion anyway.. Thank you for all this man!

I'm hyped for this more than i was hyped about damn Black Desert or ArcheAge...

This brings water to my mouth... i'm drooling... :)

I wonder when will we be able to try those awesomeness models you've made.

keep up the good work zero really loving it and excited.

I love you Zerocool!! O.O this is exactly what I've been searching! Keep up with the great work please!! ;-P
Oh, and I think somebody already mentioned, but when you release it, it would be great if it didn't come on the .exe format, then more people can enjoy it, for instance I'm on my mac.. just a suggestion anyway.. Thank you for all this man!

Hey mate, thank you and actually thanks to all people that like my project and motivate me more. I have said that when i'll release the mod will be under a game patch file, single maybe 2 files, so all mac/windows users can use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder when will we be able to try those awesomeness models you've made.

keep up the good work zero really loving it and excited.

Its gonna be soon. Im not giving a date but i can say after finishing those mounts i will release it.

Hey mate, thank you and actually thanks to all people that like my project and motivate me more. I have said that when i'll release the mod will be under a game patch file, single maybe 2 files, so all mac/windows users can use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Its gonna be soon. Im not giving a date but i can say after finishing those mounts i will release it.

So, are you considering adding the ability to choose what skins player want to install, and what skins not? :w00t: ?

So, are you considering adding the ability to choose what skins player want to install, and what skins not? :w00t: ?

No mate, cant be happen, as i said its going to be 1 single or might 2 game files. If any has an idea how i can add such things im open to suggestions, just pst me and we might work it.

No mate, cant be happen, as i said its going to be 1 single or might 2 game files. If any has an idea how i can add such things im open to suggestions, just pst me and we might work it.

Oww, if I knew i would help you!
I hope somebody that know and read this thread help you with that :)

Just now looking through all the updated models here and I'm blown away. Between this and the other Darker Nights mod I am excite! Thanks so much for doing this.

with ModUi, SweetFX, config.wtf adjusting, Ai Art and this thing Zero is doing...

Man... my WoW will look better than some new mmos lol...
Can't wait for release of this.

Zero... donation link pls :)

You could, for example, supply several patch files. One for mobs, one for trees, one for mounts.
Players can just enumerate them as they wish. One patch that is loader "later" will overwrite everything a former patch ALSO patches. The rest is just added to it.

For example, when you release your patch, I will remove Koward's patch and keep my Dwarf to BloodElf one. In addition, I can use the Darker Nights patch too, as it only affects lighting and regardless of whether trees are vanilla or WoD.

You could, for example, supply several patch files. One for mobs, one for trees, one for mounts.
Players can just enumerate them as they wish. One patch that is loader "later" will overwrite everything a former patch ALSO patches. The rest is just added to it.

For example, when you release your patch, I will remove Koward's patch and keep my Dwarf to BloodElf one. In addition, I can use the Darker Nights patch too, as it only affects lighting and regardless of whether trees are vanilla or WoD.

Good idea, didn't thought of it to be honest. Tho from technical side i have to search creature file all over again. I was keeping a detailed log with the changes but i accidentally deleted. Now the new log has recent changes and not all models, like i might have lost around 15-20 model records. Anyway thats a good idea, thanks Schaka.

NEW UPDATE INFO :
As i worked Humans mount, i found a new bug that kinda FUBAR textures and a spot in the model. Im trying to skip it or better fix, tho im starting to believe thats a problem from the export tool or conversion tool. Really not sure, im gonna make a new attempt during the weekend.

Beta testing model :
WoWScrnShot_032216_233820.thumb.jpg.66edd0ceef520431c4666b3f91f2893a.jpg

Now since new legion update i saw that there is a new horse mount added in the new build, when im going to have a full list im going to test asap.
Here is also a video preview from wowhead so you can see what im talking about :
[video=youtube;NL8o4x9fzZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL8o4x9fzZs[/video]

Now what i dont like much from this model is the running animation, its like model has a dildo stuck in the ass and want to remove it. Also to mention that those particles, the glowing effects, might not working due to the fact that game is old and cant handle such things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding that horse is 24/7 rodeo... horrible animation.

Great looking model though.

Unfortunately no, since i haven't found any proper new model to replace. Now if something comes out from legion ill definitely pick it for replacement.

Unfortunately no, since i haven't found any proper new model to replace. Now if something comes out from legion ill definitely pick it for replacement.

Totally understandable. Thank you for all the hard work you're putting in on this. I hope we can get our hands on these models soon! :)

It' can't because it would literally need to be a hundred different variations of the same 1-2 files since we're talking about database manipulation. And if you included a way to "do-it-yourself', I expect this thread to be flooded with "NOW IT'S BROKEN, YOU SUCK"

Top Bottom