• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information about Snowfox

Snowfox

Hello there my name is Snowfox one of the Gamemasters at kronos, about 10 minutes ago with permission from Gurky i released my none gm character name into the Ally side of World chat followed by a lot of questions about me some i was fine with some i was no so happy answering so here is a little thread with some of those question and a little more basic info on me :)

Character names:
Snowfox level 61 Gamemaster (The time to bug me with issues is when im on this one ^^)
Snowfoxing level 61 Gamemaster (Horde Gm character)
Snowfall level 31 rogue ( i dont do much on my none gm characters anymore.)
Snowcat leveling Warrior (sure ask me stuff i dont bite. ^^)
Snowtalon Inactive mage.

My Role: My Job on the server is simple i Answer tickets and since the release of my name i will most likely linking with the player base a lot more and becoming a way of hearing what the community wants and telling the others. other then that i am always checking for cheaters and botters and when i am not doing any of that i relaxing in my own little place :)

Real life info:
Ok so this isnt gonna be much but it will give you an insight into me a little better :)

My other games: Mainly kronos and a small game called Osu and CS:GO sometimes.

if there is anything else you wish to know make a reply and i will answer them all :)

Last edited:
Hello there my name is Snowfox one of the Gamemasters at kronos, about 10 minutes ago with permission from Gurky i released my none gm character name into the Ally side of World chat followed by a lot of questions about me some i was fine with some i was no so happy answering so here is a little thread with some of those question and a little more basic info on me :)

Character names:
Snowfox level 61 Gamemaster (The time to bug me with issues is when im on this one ^^)
Snowcat leveling Warrior (sure ask me stuff i dont bite. ^^)
Snowtalon Inactive mage.

My Role: My Job on the server is simple i Answer tickets and since the release of my name i will most likely linking with the player base a lot more and becoming a way of hearing what the community wants and telling the others. other then that i am always checking for cheaters and botters and when i am not doing any of that i relaxing in my own little place :)

Real life info:
Ok so this isnt gonna be much but it will give you an insight into me a little better :)

My other games: Mainly kronos and a small game called Osu.

if there is anything else you wish to know make a reply and i will answer them all :)

Yes. my first question is : Is there any age requirement to be a GM for Kronos, and if so, how low is it? >_>

Yes. my first question is : Is there any age requirement to be a GM for Kronos, and if so, how low is it? >_>

Well there was not an issue with me and im 17. Best person to ask about this would be Gurky. :)

He's a college student at 17...

College in the UK means 6th Form, so years 12 and 13 in school doing A Levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_form_college

Not the College that means University.

Yes I am a little skeptical about a 17 year GM, but to be fair...Snowfox has not quite come across as a 17 year old, despite a few blips of naivety in a few of his posts (one of them is releasing his actual age on a public domain - however I like his honesty, we all love Kronos for the transparency), Snowfox has come across as professional and everyone seemed to be happy with his performance whilst ignorant of his age. Snowfox has so far followed the rules, has been very polite and active. If a 17 year old is willing to take on the job to help players in-game and we have faster ticket response times AND he doesn't mess up big time. Then I am all for it.

I do have a feeling though that activity will be an issue as mock exams come up at the end of the next year and A Level exams a year from now. Nonethless in the near future it looks like we will be seeing more of Snowfox with school ending in a months time.

Welcome aboard Snowfox! Its good to finally meet the person behind the name. Its also good to have a fellow Brit on the team!

Last edited:
Just wondering, why is releasing your actual age being naive? People do it on the internet all the time

Just wondering, why is releasing your actual age being naive? People do it on the internet all the time

When in a position of power, releasing your age is always naive.

It changes the power structure slightly, Snowfox is a GM and should be seen as being above the players. Releasing his age as 17 means the much older players (which is the majority of the player base) will see themselves above Snowfox (which should not be the case, GM's are essentially judges, or messengers of judges) and will tend to be a bit more defensive or problematic to Snowfox's future decisions in situations.

That's why it was naive to release the age, because the above should have been forethought.

Ultimately its seen as people of age, wisdom and experience are in positions of power. Because they are more easy to trust when certain decisions have to be made.

I hope that answers your wonders :).

This is just a game, and I don't think Snowfox will be making any decisions that will adversely affect a players experience, without the help of other GMs and devs. So in this case, releasing his age is not at all problematic, hes just here to make sure the rules are kept and to help players :).

Jeez people, get over the age already .... Hi Snowfox, glad to meet you!

Hello ^^

- - - Updated - - -

College in the UK means 6th Form, so years 12 and 13 in school doing A Levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_form_college

Not the College that means University.

Yes I am a little skeptical about a 17 year GM, but to be fair...Snowfox has not quite come across as a 17 year old, despite a few blips of naivety in a few of his posts (one of them is releasing his actual age on a public domain - however I like his honesty, we all love Kronos for the transparency), Snowfox has come across as professional and everyone seemed to be happy with his performance whilst ignorant of his age. Snowfox has so far followed the rules, has been very polite and active. If a 17 year old is willing to take on the job to help players in-game and we have faster ticket response times AND he doesn't mess up big time. Then I am all for it.

I do have a feeling though that activity will be an issue as mock exams come up at the end of the next year and A Level exams a year from now. Nonethless in the near future it looks like we will be seeing more of Snowfox with school ending in a months time.

Welcome aboard Snowfox! Its good to finally meet the person behind the name. Its also good to have a fellow Brit on the team!

I am in College but i have already done my mocks and passed with ease even when being active on the server so that's not an issue i promised to be active and help so i am being active and helping :) The reason behind the release of this information is due to world chat guessing my none gm character so i am quite public so i thought i should just add a few more facts so people know who they are talking to. If this does effect how people Think of me and maybe make the job harder then fair enough, for a 17 year old to be in-charge of anyone is a big risk just know that kronos didn't pick me up for nothing :) i knew what releasing this information could do and i am happy to accept responsibility :)

Age has never been a limitation for someones abilities to help as a GM (or anything else) in my opinion. You either have the right attitude for it, or you don´t ... simple as that.

Age just makes you experience more and corrects your point of view on some things, but it certainly can´t change the way you percieve the "fair/not-fair" problematic.

Honestly, if you're younger than 17 you are not right for the job in my opinion. 17 is pretty young already.

To be honest I don't really care about someones age, as long as they do their job correctly, that's the only thing that matters. I've seen younger people perform better then older people in the past (vice versa also), so I think you can only judge by looking at the facts and in my opinion they are good in terms of Snowfox.

Now back on topic: happy to see you revealing some more info about the person behind the <GM>. This is sometimes lacking on other similar projects and it's nice to see this isn't the case on Kronos. So a big thumbs up for that! :thumbup1:

Honestly, if you're younger than 17 you are not right for the job in my opinion. 17 is pretty young already.

It's weird how nobody caught that I was simply being beat-around-the-bush-ey about Snowfox's age.

Personally, whether anyone thinks it's a "limitation" on doing the job he's saddled with correctly, I find it pretty irresponsible (as a first mistake) to let a grand majority of players who are likely in their 20s and further on know that you are 17. We can essentially confirm without question that he never even played in classic/vanilla (or at least could possibly really remember the experience or could possibly have been very acute with it).

The way Struckd put it is pretty on-point. Now Snowfox is just a "17 y/o kid". Who can ban you. As a 26 y/o I certainly never find myself learning anything from a 17 y/o, you simply just don't have very much life experience at that age (assuming you're living a cushion life-style that allows you to play video games often).

Hence why I said it was naive to release your age. Just keeping that to yourself, there would be 0 issue whatsoever.

I personally don't have an issue with it. Snowfox is here to answer tickets and be a presence for the Kronos staff.

You can be any age to enforce the rules, since anyone can point out if a rule has been broken, if they at least know the rules. The only issue is dealing with situations in the grey area. There will be some instances where a situation is not as black and white as 'this is wrong, this is right' but a decision has to be made. Snowfox will probably not be the one making that decision so again, no issue.

Last edited:
It's weird how nobody caught that I was simply being beat-around-the-bush-ey about Snowfox's age.

Personally, whether anyone thinks it's a "limitation" on doing the job he's saddled with correctly, I find it pretty irresponsible (as a first mistake) to let a grand majority of players who are likely in their 20s and further on know that you are 17. We can essentially confirm without question that he never even played in classic/vanilla (or at least could possibly really remember the experience or could possibly have been very acute with it).

The way Struckd put it is pretty on-point. Now Snowfox is just a "17 y/o kid". Who can ban you. As a 26 y/o I certainly never find myself learning anything from a 17 y/o, you simply just don't have very much life experience at that age (assuming you're living a cushion life-style that allows you to play video games often).

I did play vanilla and i do remember it well i do far have had no issues with doing the job i have been given and while you personally have not been in a situation were you have learnt a thing or two from someone younger there is always a first :). I do not intend to let me age effect anything and i hope to seen the same way as Gurky Or anyone else from the team. :)

Played WoW at the ages of 6/7 Oo...dam I don't think its responsible enough to allow someone so young to become part of an online community...I still get nightmares with what was said in Runescape chat at the age of 12...Not to mention I hardly have any memories at the age of 6 xD, apart from home videos

Last edited:
Played WoW at the ages of 6/7 Oo...dam I don't think its responsible enough to allow someone so young to become part of an online community...I still get nightmares with what was said in Runescape chat at the age of 12...Not to mention I hardly have any memories at the age of 6 xD, apart from home videos

How do you know he played during retail Vanilla, maybe he just played in another private server…

Anyway if we get back to the subject, I had the opportunity of chatting with him, along with many others on Friday night in World Chat. And the responses he gave were all so clever and satisfying. Bashing people or thinking that they will not be qualified in certain situations because of the age is just so lame. Just because you or most people around you weren’t capable of much when you were at that age, doesn’t mean that anyone you see will be lacking the required abilities.

I wish you the best Snowfox (Snowwolf for me), I am sure that you will succeed. Keep the good work up.

Cheers.

I did play vanilla and i do remember it well i do far have had no issues with doing the job i have been given and while you personally have not been in a situation were you have learnt a thing or two from someone younger there is always a first :). I do not intend to let me age effect anything and i hope to seen the same way as Gurky Or anyone else from the team. :)

I took it has he played retail vanilla.

And for the record I was not bashing...just pointing out my surprise...if you even bothered to read any of my other posts, you would know I have 0 issue with Snowfox being a GM. If he is willing to take up responsibility and help out the team and players, I am all for it...he seems like a polite and clear minded fellow...not to mention British.

Moreover...a person might be a genius at the age of 7 and can comprehend things I never will...that does not mean you should subject him/her to the horrors of an online community at such a young age.

Last edited:
hi,

is nice to have GM Snowfox ingame!

Some of posts here are weird (i dont know if its kind of jealousy or what)
I dont care if he is 17 or not.
I was surprised how many people are so frustrated with it.
I have feel that this thread is now primarily about how long is your d**k.
(And sure my is the shortest...).
/kappa

feel free to mute me if im OT

Last edited:
I took it has he played retail vanilla.

And for the record I was not bashing...just pointing out my surprise...if you even bothered to read any of my other posts, you would know I have 0 issue with Snowfox being a GM. If he is willing to take up responsibility and help out the team and players, I am all for it...he seems like a polite and clear minded fellow...not to mention British.

Moreover...a person might be a genius at the age of 7 and can comprehend things I never will...that does not mean you should subject him/her to the horrors of an online community at such a young age.

It was retail i have played since i was 7 with my family and i have a lot of recordings that i have watched many times for the memory's pair that with the other vanilla servers i have played i have quite a knowledge of the game at the time. Add to it with the fact i am dyslexic and you will see why i don't have nightmares of chat at the age of 7 :)

You seem like a good kid who means to do well. I appreciate that.
From personal experience, do yourself a favor and stay anonymous with your ingame character and do not post personal information.

Trust me, its or your own good.

The perception of Snowfox is generally very good. He is also always kind in his dealings, which shows a lot more maturity than many of the 20-something year old autists on this server.

He also is passionate about the general good of the server and even takes it upon himself to put forward community ideas to the devs and Chero.

Until you have actual evidence of him not doing his job properly, stop your bitching.

Last edited:
Top Bottom