• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[K2] The Current State of AV is a Big Problem

TheOG

Currently the high rank players farming for top standings (both factions) are playing 99% Alterac Valley. The current state of the K2 PvP scene makes it "not even worth it" for rankers to queue for WSG or AB, even during the bonus weekend. This is simply not how things should be.

Things are already getting to the point that AB and WSG are barely even popping.

If nothing changes, in ~2 months we will be looking at an entire generation of r14 players that did the WHOLE grind in AV start to finish.

zFSwFFo.jpg

^ This is a sad picture of what "PvP" ranking has become on K2 over the past few weeks. It benefits both sides Honor rates to avoid actual PvP combat and just farm PvE objectives within AV.

Most of the rankers on both factions were hoping that this problem would begin to go away as more of the general population hit AV Exalted, but things are only getting worse. As I write this post, it is nearly EU prime time, and there are Z E R O Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin games open!! This is simply not right on a healthy server the size of Kronos 2.

------------------------

Possible Solutions

1. Disable group queue for AV. This would obviously spark a bit of controversy because 100's of players have already achieved Exalted by queueing in raid groups. It should also be noted that while disabling group queue would discourage people from premading AV, players would still use the method of counting down in TeamSpeak and simultaneously solo queueing in order to get into the same game and rush Van/Drek.

2. Buff the AV Battleground itself. The most obvious way to make winning AV more difficult would be to implement a pre-nerf 1.4 version (land mines, etc.) of the BG. Other servers in the past have switched to a pre-nerf version of AV in order to counteract the game-breaking efficiency with which the 1.12.1 version of AV can be farmed. This would obviously require quite a bit of work from the Kronos staff, and would also be somewhat controversial because so many players have already farmed Exalted in the absurdly easy 1.12.1 version.

3. Nerf the Bonus Honor gained from objectives. This absolutely must be done, regardless of whatever other changes may or may not be implemented. Currently the Honor gain even from LOSING in Alterac Valley still beats playing WSG or AB. The current Bonus Honor amounts allow players to efficiently farm high standings by simply killing the elite Lieutenants that award 198 Honor each and then WAITING TO LOSE.

------------------------

I was in disbelief as my group opted to spam AV zergs throughout the entire AB bonus weekend. But it was simply a fact that if we didn't spam AV, we would get our standings taken by people that did. Quite an anti-climactic and boring way to spend my last week ranking. I hope that the Kronos staff implements a fix for this soon, or the PvP scene of K2 will begin to deteriorate.

Things have only been this way for about 2 weeks. It's not too late for a fix. But if another 2-3 weeks go by with AB and WSG hardly even popping, it will start to effect the health of the server.

Funny how this post comes out just as all the <REMEDY> rankers are finishing on wednesday why wasnt this posted a week or 2 ago. farming 1.1 million honor in av last week. If you are so against this and <REMEDY> are so against this then why are they still doing it. stop q'ing for AV then horde will also.

So you want to nerf what hundreds enjoy so select few can farm AB and WSG in premades? No just no

- - - -

Funny how this post comes out just as all the <REMEDY> rankers are finishing on wednesday why wasnt this posted a week or 2 ago. farming 1.1 million honor in av last week. If you are so against this and <REMEDY> are so against this then why are they still doing it. stop q'ing for AV then horde will also.

But if they do that then the pugs would be technically able to outfarm AB/WSG premade by solo queuing AV - which further proves the point of this thread.

So you want to nerf what hundreds enjoy so select few can farm AB and WSG in premades? No just no

- - - -

So hundreds are enjoying leeching free honor, even from loses? Let's make raids reset every day then, I'm sure hundreds would enjoy that as well.

Last edited:

- - - -
Only need to nerf the ability to be able to farm insane Honor in AV. The reputation grind will remain uneffected and people like you can continue to "enjoy" AV.
Saw this response coming from a mile away. The scene has only been like this for ~2 weeks and believe me we all fucking hate it.

Saw this response coming from a mile away. The scene has only been like this for ~2 weeks and believe me we all fucking hate it.[/QUOTE]

then why do u still keep doing it? As my wife always tells me (Be the change you want to see in the world)

Dont u think if u stopped the premade and 2hr long avs went on that would balance it out?

How about AV remains as it is and people continue to enjoy it while gaining honor in the process regardless minority's wishes? Not to mention AV is far more PvP than farming 3-4 afkers as 10 man premade.

How about AV remains as it is and people continue to enjoy it while gaining honor in the process regardless minority's wishes? Not to mention AV is far more PvP than farming 3-4 afkers as 10 man premade.

People have over 1 million honor with 400 HKs now. I fail to see how 'AV is far more PvP' with that especially compared to premade vs premade games which are the essence of vanilla PvP (imo), and they do not exist in the game at the moment.

If you are salty about getting farmed by a premade, start your own - teamwork and meeting new people/players should be more rewarding than mindlessly grinding PvE NPCs over and over without even encountering opposite faction while farming honor.

Last edited:
The only possible thing I can agree with you on is to maybe disable group queing for AV. Too late to go back to the old AV, and nerfing bonus honor is just a crappy idea for countless reasons.

I agree but you have to nerf AV honor Not only disabling Group que, If you disable grp que and keep the honor same then Pugs will outfarm premades So pointless.

And you are wrong that even during AB/WSG weekend that rankers were still only queing AV. They were actually farming the bonus honor, then farming HKs down south trashing the game for Horde, and then taking off to AB. I still stand by my original idea to disable multi-que while in que for AV. This would force them to commit to either AB or AV. Chances are if it's the BG weekend, they will choose to que the weekend battleground. Other than that there isn't much that can be done. If you played during vanilla, pvpers only did primarily AB/AV. WSG was hardly played at all by rankers.

So, you want to earn honor the most efficient way possible and thats why you form a premade right?
Now, when you are doing this, (And getting your standings accordingly) you are complaining that this is boring and are calling out for a alteration of the game?

Is it really that fun to dodge AB/WSG and farm pugs all day long instead?

I am getting 20k honor per hour, and 250k honor per day, by comming AV and w8ting for lose.
I didnt kill even single Alliance today and i already got 150k in 7 hours. Without killing A SINGLE ALLIANCE.
Is it Kronos PVP ? I dont care if it blizzlike, but if devs keep this "blizzlike" 99% good players will leave, because u dont even need to PVP to get your rank. U just need to play 20 hours per day.

Lets compare WSG and AV pugs versus pugs.
AV - 0 Kills, 4500 honor in 15 minutes.
WSG - 50+ kills, 1300 honor in 15-30 minutes.

WSG and AV pugs versus premade (u are pug)
AV - 0kills, 3000 honor in 6 minutes (Instant Queues)
WSG - 0 kills, 0 honor in 6 minutes (1-2 Hour Queue)

Are u kidding me ?

U dont even need to be skilled player or kill someone, bcause u can just enter AV, kill some ez bosses, get 3.5xWSG honor, and be happy.

Ofc i want the system to be changed. This is Not enjoyable for good players.

i agree 100% about the honor gain is just retarded, its gonna make anyone trying to rank forced to go AV, and you guys that "join a bg from time to time" should not really make a big statement, the devs really need to think about the people that actually spend most of their days doing pvp. what alot of people also dont understand is that even tho u gain alot of honor it doesnt mean u will rank faster, cuz the general honorgain will be higher on everyone. its just a illusion.

You have no idea what classic wow was about. "U just need to play 20 hours per day"....Uh...that's literally the point of the classic PvP system. If you want something more "fair" for the "good players", then go back to 2v2, you casual. Let all the "good players leave". There was a guy who farmed honor with his character completely naked in retail. You don't need to be good to rank. It's literally all about who can play the most, now get over it.

Top Bottom