• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos and GDKP raid

You are wrong here. You start with an assumption that we won't understand , and use that as a reason to not tell anything, so we don't understand anything.... That is just stupid.

I'm happy I express my feelings/opinion. Snuffles said I just have to ignore you and continue farming gold. He is right whatever I say it won't add anything to the discussion as we're not presenting the facts, just experiences.

Have a lovely day :smile:

Instead of more understanding, you now alienate us further from you. It is easy for us to think: 'Hey what is happening there? They won't talk? What do they have to hide? They must do something illegal then! It just creates more fuel for prejudice.....

Nothing illegal goes on within our guild to our knowledge, if we know someone doing something they will be immediately removed from guild. If you find someone going against rules just contact us with evidence and they'll be kicked.

Again, it's not my place to present any facts, just my personal experiences that you don't have to believe. I just thought I should share in case anyone does want to listen and as some of you know me from years ago that I have been in their community for years I hoped you would be able to believe me, but without presenting facts I know it's not going to convince everyone. I've said all I need to say, and you can take it seriously and believe me or as garbage and dismiss it. But I know there's some people who are supporting what I've said.

Looking forward to reading more about other people's opinion on GDKP and maybe they can present real fact why it's terrible and that you can agree on.

I'm happy I express my feelings/opinion. Snuffles said I just have to ignore you and continue farming gold. He is right whatever I say it won't add anything to the discussion as we're not presenting the facts, just experiences.

Have a lovely day :smile:

'continue farming gold' haha, at least you have a sense of humor. :laugh:

obelix.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it's not my place to present any facts, just my personal experiences that you don't have to believe. I just thought I should share in case anyone does want to listen and as some of you know me from years ago that I have been in their community for years I hoped you would be able to believe me, but without presenting facts I know it's not going to convince everyone. I've said all I need to say, and you can take it seriously and believe me or as garbage and dismiss it. .

I am merely disappointed that we can't have a debate on this important subject.

I'm not totally against it. I know that its fair when you dont consider the changes it would cause in the server. I dont know what kind of impact it would have on the economy though.

At the same time I'm afraid of more people buying gold in order to get items in GDKP runs, or gold sellers finding a loophole in the system for their benefit. Also it may cause problems for new guilds trying to build up. If GDKP becomes a thing when AQ is out, we will probably never see a new progress guild in k1 anymore. It will always be the same leaders, same old guilds, new players farming gold 24/7 and buying gear in GDKPs so they can join the old existing guilds(since they wont be farming mc/zg anymore but they would rather have members with loot from those).

But of course, they wont be able to. Because Chinese Overlords are rich beyond belief and they will get what they want in those GDKP runs.

Overall I feel GDKP would make K1 into a server new players wouldnt want to play anymore. And that would kill a server.

Last edited:
.......new players farming gold 24/7 and buying gear in GDKPs so they can join the old existing guilds(since they wont be farming mc/zg anymore but they would rather have members with loot from those).

But of course, they wont be able to. Because Chinese Overlords are rich beyond belief and they will get what they want in those GDKP runs.

Another straw man argument. Gold Tycoons (Chinese or not, doesn't matter) don't compete with fresh lvl 60 players because they don't want the same items. For the new player , it is just a matter to collect a threshold of upgrades, any upgrades will do, to be able to move to BWL-AQ40. Plenty of mediocre epics (that will be the cheap kind of items in a gdkp run) will do this job.

The Tycoon Billionaire doesn't need those starter items.... only needs that money to outbid everybody else on a select few elite items... A newbie doesn't need those items to be able to get a decent gear set.

don't forget that we are talking a post AQ world, so AQ20 will also be open.

The new player typically will go for:

3 AQ20 class set pieces
2 ZG class set pieces
1-2 good blues from ZG-AQ20
0-1 item from Onyxia
2-3 craftables like Bloodvine*
1-3 items from 5 man dungeons with + hit or other exclusive stats (HoJ, Briarwood Reed etc)
1-2 things from MC

* for classes without decent craftables you can exchange this for 3 Tier 1 pieces from MC

None of this competes with Richie Rich goals in a GDKP...

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=WSG&player=Hirsi for an example of a character geared in a gdkp environment .

The only thing that wasn't very cheap in this list was the ToEP and added together this character made a profit while gearing up in gdkp runs...... a character with this start will have no problem raiding BWL and AQ40 for further upgrades.

Another straw man argument. Gold Tycoons (Chinese or not, doesn't matter) don't compete with fresh lvl 60 players because they don't want the same items. For the new player , it is just a matter to collect a threshold of upgrades, any upgrades will do, to be able to move to BWL-AQ40. Plenty of mediocre epics (that will be the cheap kind of items in a gdkp run) will do this job.

The Tycoon Billionaire doesn't need those starter items.... only needs that money to outbid everybody else on a select few elite items... A newbie doesn't need those items to be able to get a decent gear set.

don't forget that we are talking a post AQ world, so AQ20 will also be open.

The new player typically will go for:

3 AQ20 class set pieces
2 ZG class set pieces
1-2 good blues from ZG-AQ20
0-1 item from Onyxia
2-3 craftables like Bloodvine*
1-3 items from 5 man dungeons with + hit or other exclusive stats (HoJ, Briarwood Reed etc)
1-2 things from MC

* for classes without decent craftables you can exchange this for 3 Tier 1 pieces from MC

None of this competes with Richie Rich goals in a GDKP...

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=WSG&player=Hirsi for an example of a character geared in a gdkp environment .

The only thing that wasn't very cheap in this list was the ToEP and added together this charactermade a profit while gearing up in gdkp runs...... a character with this start will have no problem raiding BWL and AQ40 for further upgrades.

This is a good post and I tend to agree with what is said, but the character you link has +9 stamina on bracers instead of +7 intellect, thus I can't take your opinion serious.

W0QgS4N.png

How come your assumptions about gold tycoons become legit arguments but ours are straw man? Just wondering what kind of statistical information you have about GDKP and Gold Tycoons. These people are not limited to 1 character, and not all of them are in high-end guilds that clear all content twice a week.

And not everyone is fine with starter equipment, you cant compete with those.

Top Bottom