• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos' Compendium of Dragonslaying

I'm wondering how you are supposed to level with x7 exp rates when the gold/drop rate is still x1.

There is no chance you will be able to buy the skills required as you level up because the gold/drop rate has no chance of catching up to the exp rate.

Overall a pretty poor decision on this IMO. They could have done something else to try bolster the population, changing the rates to x7 is not the best solution.

I'm wondering how you are supposed to level with x7 exp rates when the gold/drop rate is still x1.

There is no chance you will be able to buy the skills required as you level up because the gold/drop rate has no chance of catching up to the exp rate.

Overall a pretty poor decision on this IMO. They could have done something else to try bolster the population, changing the rates to x7 is not the best solution.

It is easy, you just need to take ONE day farming and develop you proffessions and you have money to everything you need. You will still have to farm so it is a win-win situation if anything.

it perhaps isn't the best but atm a better solution is not to be found.

I was wondering about this too.

I'M LEVEL 60!!!!... but I'm wearing lvl 20-50 quest greens, have no mount or G and all professions are barely leveled! >.>

Looks like I'll be farming like the other guy said.

Awkward, but I guess we'll see.

It's practically the equivalent of nearly a year of leveling time, and (if all goes at planned) happening when the population explodes. Anyone playing during this month and a half is gonna get a quicker-than-retail shortcut to 60
Played retail right now, x7 xp here is still slower than 1 to 60 on retail :w00t:

I'M LEVEL 60!!!!... but I'm wearing lvl 20-50 quest greens, have no mount or G and all professions are barely leveled! >.>

Nobody said there will be no work to do with the increased XP rate. Nobody is forcing anybody to use the 7x boost. For experienced players it should not be an issue, for beginners it is a terrible idea to do so in the first place.

To even out the exponential EP curve I'll be going:

1-10: 2x
10-20: 3x
20-30: 4x
30-40: 5x
50-60: 6x

This way I wont have to kill myself cause of the insane grind and probably still be able to afford spells. I can wait with buying a slowpoke mount until I ding 60.

The target audience (rerollers with some vanilla experience) should be able to manage the spell costs, especially if we started the war effort or getting close towards that event, as several easy materials like linen cloth, light leather will increase in value

They could have done something else to try bolster the population, changing the rates to x7 is not the best solution.

If it's not the best solution I am sure you have something better in mind. I don't know either whether there are other viable solutions to this, but given the very positive response on Reddit for example, I think that this is a way to make things better.

Last edited:
You guys do realize you get 7x exp in dungeons too? So why not do that all the way to 60 - get both exp and up-to-date gear. Also you get money for spells.

You guys do realize you get 7x exp in dungeons too? So why not do that all the way to 60 - get both exp and up-to-date gear. Also you get money for spells.
You just spoiled my secret strategy to powerlevel my horde alt :( :D

Those were my thoughts as well. I play a Warrior and with the influx of new players forming dungeon groups should be a breeze. /crosses fingers

Strongly disapprove of the 7x exp rates. You're going to end up with Level 60s who have Level 40 or lower gear and don't have all their spells, since item droprate and gold droprate aren't changing at all. People are going to soar past their gear level and income with this boost, and it's going to negatively impact the Lvl 60 5manning demographic.

That's okay though, I and a few other guildsmen have already resolved to refuse to party with anyone not a part of our guild, or already an established and known member of Kronos during this exp period, starting about a week after it starts and running to a few weeks after it ends. Why should we risk a shitty party with someone who doesn't have his gear or spells because he express-lined to 60? I hope the Staff took into consideration that there's going to be a movement of us on the server stigmatizing and alienating those new players coming in who will be completely unprepared for the challenges they're supposed to be facing.

As always, we will be recruiting new players as they come in on the grounds that they leave their exp at 1x. Come join Kronos!

On the plus side, I guess we can farm Level 60 Hordies for HKs more easily now since they'll be wearing garbage gear.

Tell 'em, Joe! Tell 'em!

I suppose you are right. Getting potentially 100s of more players on the realm really isn't worth it if we would have to include 1-2 of those in our dungeon groups full of T2-geared people.

You are welcome to carry players with your T2-geared players in your 5mans. I scoff at the idea anyone in your guild would ever do that considering how petty and temperamental you've shown yourselves to be in the past, but I guess we've seen stranger things! :smile:

That's your perogative though, not ours. We're not going to risk ruining a party with someone who can't pull their weight in the group because they CHOSE (this is a voluntary experience boost, mind you) to accept the bonus exp, and then jumped into 5man groups before going and upping his/her gear and spells first.

We're not going to risk ruining a party with someone who can't pull their weight in the group because they CHOSE (this is a voluntary experience boost, mind you) to accept the bonus exp, and then jumped into 5man groups before going and upping his/her gear and spells first.

And how do you check that? I mean do you ask the player to post his or her gear and using some key skills before you are considering to let them join? No offense but this refusal of players who used the XP bonus to level is retarded. You always are at risk that you party with somebody that does not play very well and is causing wipes or is undergeared. Even now, thats just part of doing stuff with randoms.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope the Staff took into consideration that there's going to be a movement of us on the server stigmatizing and alienating those new players coming in who will be completely unprepared for the challenges they're supposed to be facing.

And I hope that the players who are participating in that movement realize that they actually do more harm than good to the server and the community. That XP boost will come, it's better to deal with it in a more positive way and welcome the new players this server really needs.

I think you misread my post. We DON'T check. It's a non-discriminatory, all-encompassing policy. We're simply not going to party with randoms during that period. Our guild has enough active 60s in all time zones to do nothing but guild 5mans for a month. There were times that we would consider taking pick-ups in the past, and my point is we will not be doing that for the duration of this month, because the likelihood of encountering those players is now going to be fivefold (at least) from the current risk.

You also seem to be assuming, again from not carefully reading my post, that this is intended to target new players... period. I don't care if new players want to come to the server. Good, we need more people on Kronos. I don't care if they want to use the 7x exp boost that, admittedly, I dislike for a reason I'm about to go into. Good, they'll get their 60 in a timely manner they want so badly and left behind on their other server. What I DO care about is those people who will hit 60, not spend even a second thinking about going and polishing their gear up a bit, or farming some coin for their spells, which they can then use to go solo Scarlet Monastery or some quests that give decent gear for Level 50+ dungeons, and will instead IMMEDIATELY go to world chat and type "LFG BRD / Scholo / Strat / LBRS". I don't want those players in my parties, and I doubt you do either.

If someone is willing to take the time to get to 60, and then go make sure they're dungeon-ready, they're okay in my book, but again I'm not taking that chance during this month. About a week after, most everyone who took advantage of the boost should have had time to go tend to their gear and be dungeon-ready, at which point we will be ready to accept them into our dungeon groups.

Last edited:
I hope that your guild is just an exception here. If more guilds are agreeing to a policy like this one it can actually split the community, which for me is the number one reason I am playing here. And I am sure many others feel the same in that regard.
To exclude people that are joining at that time is such an ugly and elitist behaviour. You guys should first see how this all develops. To always expect the worse possible impact before this event even starts isn't helping in any way.

To exclude people that are joining at that time refuse to contribute their party is such an ugly and elitist behaviour.
It is not an elitist behavior to expect people to at least try to be a valuable asset in a dungeon. We're not Vanguarding and demanding that these players level an Alchemist alt and bring full consumables and Warlocks summoners to the group. I have maintained my point that this targets existing 60s as well as new 60s that will crop up. You can't demonize us for choosing to do guild-only runs for this month, and you sure as hell can't force us to party with people who may be solely responsible for constant wipes. I'm not averse to an experience boost, but a SEVEN TIMES boost, with no gold rate change, item drop change, profession level rate change, means that people who CHOOSE THIS option (that is the key here, it's a choice) and don't do something to account for the gap between their level and their character's capabilities are going to be almost dead weight in groups. And you know that there will be a LOT of these people.

I am, of course, not encouraging other guilds to adopt this stance and in fact encourage others to take the bullet with those players. It will not, and I mean this as politely as possible, be our problem though. We will recruit new people who want to go the 1x or even 2x path, as we are pleased with our history of having a guild atmosphere that's enough to keep players tired of the grind interested and playing with us.

Last edited:
There's no way I'd, as a fresh way undergeared 60, attempt to jump right into lvl 60 content and certainly plan on getting all spells purchased and decent gear before attempting Strat, Scholo etc. It's madness in my mind to do otherwise.

I don't particularly agree with the isolationist policy he's talking about but I do agree that there will be players looking to zerg to 60 then attempt to get carried through level 60 dungeons. That is inevitable and to each their own, but I won't be one of them!

I appreciate that you at least understand where I'm coming from, and if I'm being completely frank, it took a lot of thought about the potential backlash the nature of such a decision would have. We're known for being laidback, casual, and promoting having fun with friends in this game. This decision leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm certainly not touting it proudly like it makes me some sort of hero. I have decided, however, to put the concerns and enjoyment of the game of my guildsmen above the image conveyed to the server.

That being said, the policy will be lifted no later than a week after the exp boost's end. At that point everyone at 60 should be appropriately geared and trained.

Last edited:
It is not an elitist behavior to expect people to at least try to be a valuable asset in a dungeon.

Of course you should expect that from others in your party. The issue is, that you exclude all of them beforehand, not giving those people a chance to contribute. I mean your decision is already made and the event has not even begun.

You can't demonize us for choosing to do guild-only runs for this month, and you sure as hell can't force us to party with people who may be solely responsible for constant wipes. I'm not averse to an experience boost, but a SEVEN TIMES boost, with no gold rate change, item drop change, profession level rate change, means that people who CHOOSE THIS option (that is the key here, it's a choice) and don't do something to account for the gap between their level and their character's capabilities are going to be almost dead weight in groups.

There will be those people sure, but not all of them. And in the long run the community will profit from those people joining us, including you guys. People come and go and some day people you are refusing to group with now might even join your guild, be the players you are doing PvP with, offer help to form a group to get something done. Helping them or carry them through are two different things.

Yes we all understand now that you're too bad and/or unwilling to carry a few slackers. Meanwhile I'll tank regular 5 mans with my twohander just fine.

In my opinion, it's unreasonable to think that a single guild would have such a major impact on the whole server so as to cause a split in the community.

Considering the demographic, the people which will join us will almost certainly already have endgame experience and are willing as well as able to carry their own weight, if needed with some guidance.

Even if the new players completely suck, I see this as an opportunity to get the rust off my old mechanics.

Joe: While I can appreciate you and your guilds choice to not help out any new fresh players to the server, it's one of those things that you probably should have just kept this info to yourselves. Making it known just makes your guild comes across in a negative way. The decision is yours to make, but in a small community such as this reputation is everything.

I will be online and happy to help new players out when possible. In the end the more players on the server, the better it is for everyone.

Revenga: I don't mind helping new players. I help lowbies all the time and don't expect anything in return. It's one thing to stop what your regular play is (running dungeons and trying to gear yourself up) and help out some newbies, lowbies, randoms, whatever. It's another thing completely to have uncapable people involved in your regular play. We deal with enough of those pick-ups RIGHT NOW, without this event having even started. It's why our guild has a blacklist. People who are capable and able to learn but lacking in gear or experience are a great boon to our guild and the community, but the potatoes go on the list. The ratio of potatoes to good players is only going to increase with this event, and we've just chosen to close the gates, so to speak, for that duration.

Fair point on reputation, I don't expect this to be a wildly popular decision, but I feel it's input worth sharing if the Staff wants to make informed decisions in the future. All conceivable consequences of actions should be visible and taken into account so as to better make future decisions that affect the community.

Horo: I love you, but don't be that guy. The ability to carry someone through a vanilla dungeon says nothing about your skill. It speaks only of your willingness to spoonfeed someone. We don't pride ourselves on that, even if you want to. None of our guildies that we do gear runs for, and just about lavish with upgrades and loot, have ever been dead weight, and that's what this decision targets: Dead weight players. It's a sweeping policy though that affects all randoms, and again, I don't expect to get praise for it.

Redjoe, I think you see a problem where no problem will be. Dead weight players? I think the majority of the newcomers will not have a a problem getting their important spells and some basic level gear.... There is some good lvl 40ish gear for any class, like Dreamweave for casters . then there are several green sets around lvl 50 and boe t0.5 gear that is basically free for most classes (you buy it, wear it for a few lvls and then make a Large Brilliant Shard that sells for around the same amount)

Then they will do some dungeons, sure its x7 but that doesn't mean they skip all dungeons. They can do ZF, Maraudon, ST just fine. from lvl 50 onwards they can do BRD runs. (1st half)

x7 means you can skip tons of quests, or complete zones. But people will play smart and pick out those quests and dungeon runs that give the best gear options. If you have somewhat relevant gear in 50% of your slots you are already contributing to a party. Most vanilla players are not total noobs but players with a history in world of warcraft

Gold will be more of a bottleneck, they will have to invest some time in either grinding popular trade goods or getting some gathering profession like herbalism to the money herbs. If they play it smart it won;t be a problem.

hint: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?quests=7.-365

Top Bottom