• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Modifying the Data Folder

Otherguylb

Authorized
Hello everyone. On Nostalrius, the anticheat program disconnects the player automatically if he/she modifies the data folder a bit.

Will it be possible here? I just want to change some visuals, that's all. Does the anticheat system blindly disconnect players for modifying data folder or it disconnects them if they actually actually gain unfair advantage via teleports, more damage and etc.?

I would recommend not attempting this on the server as Nostalrius is able to check the RAM usage of the individual folders of your client while it's in use, meaning that a model swap in an altered MPQ file, even one of the core MPQ's as opposed to just sliding a patch in, is being detected.

Kronos has stated as sourced above that it's not allowed (and for good reasons) and it would take only a minimal effort for them to do the same. There would be no warnings, they've already stated to not do it, so an account could be suspended over it. I'm not taking the chance.

Last edited:
Modifying files in your game client is against the Blizzard's terms of use. You could be banned for redrawing blizzard's glue interface or changing the model appearance in game. But nobody gets banned just for having different login screen or slightly improved look of your character model. Similar rules apply here at Twinstar.Rules are here to ensure fair play without cheaters, spammers or other game breaking entities.You are not allowed to hack graphics in any way but if you do, it is tolerable as long as it does not affect other player's gameplay and does not bring you certain advantages, you can't achieve without it.
That's why I gonna risk and play with the Dark Nights patch :)

Top Bottom