• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Graphics

Why being a tauren shaman and to yourself look like a gnome shaman be disallowed, but not to yourself looking like an orc shaman for example? Unless all forms of changing the way you look to yourself are banned, in which case you really cant to a lot editing. For example you woulnt be allowed to turn yourself from a human male to a female night elf, correct?

Guys... Why are you arguing about hacking and cheating and heavily modifying terrain and stuff... I asked for simple WoD up to date texture resolution and WoD character reskin if it was possible... not hacking graphics to be better in pvp and stuff... That's seriously pathetic.
Highjacked thread is highjacked
What do you mean exactly... :v

Being a tauren shaman, and on your screen looking like a gnome shaman is also against the rules.

Quoting myself:

Client editing is also bannable offense on ALL Twinstar servers, including Kronos (as stated by the rules), so be advised that anyone caught playing with any client-sided edits can be subject to account suspension.
- using means modifying a function of the client or its communication with the server

Flynn told you this exact case as an example:

However you cannot use it to create impossible race-class combinations like gnome shaman etc

If you need explanation for any of the quotes, tell us.

He also wrote:
Those custom modes (like model editing or glue interface editing) are tolerable as long as they do not affect other players gameplay or do not provide you with certain advantage in the game world the other players cannot have.

Which contradicts the server rules (everything forbidden) you posted. Who am I to believe? So please explain just how far am I allowed to hack the graphics. Because I intend to use the opportunity to do the work before the server is released.

Last edited:
Well in the worst case scenario it will be forbidden (and possibly tracked) to use model or graphic changes.
Guess it will be announced if that is the case so I wouldn't put too much work into it beforehand.

Why being a tauren shaman and to yourself look like a gnome shaman be disallowed, but not to yourself looking like an orc shaman for example? Unless all forms of changing the way you look to yourself are banned, in which case you really cant to a lot editing. For example you woulnt be allowed to turn yourself from a human male to a female night elf, correct?

Yes, all forms of model editing are banned, as stated by the server rules...

Guys... Why are you arguing about hacking and cheating and heavily modifying terrain and stuff... I asked for simple WoD up to date texture resolution and WoD character reskin if it was possible... not hacking graphics to be better in pvp and stuff... That's seriously pathetic.
Highjacked thread is highjacked.

What do you mean exactly... :v

He meant exactly what you wrote in the first part of your post.
This thread was about Graphics, about model edits for quality of life, and Fact changed it into a discussion about model hacks for abusing and advantages.
Since our moderators do not care, we have to keep the discussion going that way :biggrin:

He also wrote:
Those custom modes (like model editing or glue interface editing) are tolerable as long as they do not affect other players gameplay or do not provide you with certain advantage in the game world the other players cannot have.

Which contradicts the server rules (everything forbidden) you posted. Who am I to believe? So please explain just how far am I allowed to hack the graphics. Because I intend to use the opportunity to do the work before the server is released.
That's his own opinion. The rules do not change based on his opinion, the rules remain simple and strict: Any model edit is forbidden. You are not allowed to hack graphics in any way.

Last edited:
Which contradicts the server rules (everything forbidden) you posted. So please explain just how far am I allowed to hack the graphics. Because I intend to use the opportunity to do the work before the server is released.

Modifying files in your game client is against the Blizzard's terms of use. You could be banned for redrawing blizzard's glue interface or changing the model appearance in game. But nobody gets banned just for having different login screen or slightly improved look of your character model. Similar rules apply here at Twinstar.

Rules are here to ensure fair play without cheaters, spammers or other game breaking entities.
You are not allowed to hack graphics in any way but if you do, it is tolerable as long as it does not affect other player's gameplay and does not bring you certain advantages, you can't achieve without it.

But nobody gets banned just for having different login screen or slightly improved look of your character model. Similar rules apply here at Twinstar.
But this is exactly what people got banned for in retail. Blizzard didn't tolerate the difference between some minor crap no-one cares about and changes to gain advantage.

But other than that, I guess it's settled then. Tolerate being the keyword. Don't know if you don't want to advertise it, but I think the rules should be updated on that. Instead of just being a remote forum post. It might give birth to graphic modpacks if modders are more motivated to create stuff in a living environment. Or is trading graphic mods non-tolerable? Making huge amount of insignificant cosmetic changes? (No need to answer those) This just opens a can of worms lol. :wacko: As if we have decriminalized something. :biggrin: TBH I'd prefer any modding outside traditional addons as not allowed and non-tolerable.

I had in mind to edit the textures of few herbs so they stick out more in green grass terrain. I'm not asking for opinions because what I understand it's really about whims and interpretation. I can see it both as an advantage and non-advantage with enough rationalization either way. I'm on the fence if I'm going to do anything. If I do, I hope the GM who reviews my case has the same thought patterns as I do. :tongue:

This thread was about Graphics, about model edits for quality of life, and Fact changed it into a discussion about model hacks for abusing and advantages.

First: They never were separate things.
Second: Now they are. This thread gained new legitimacy. You don't have to thank me. I was a mere instrument in Twinstars policy clarification.

From what I remember model edit/swaps aren't exactly detectable? So good luck with that

You can't use it until you get a level 60 on Kronos (not kidding, it works that way).

You can't use it until you get a level 60 on Kronos (not kidding, it works that way).

Been lurking long enough to know who's who and what's what so I'd believe you initially anyway haha.
Thought it might have had something to do with other forum members giving you points, thanks!

Edit:Could we possibly make a forum FAQ? I know there's a rules/violations thread but they haven't been updated in some times, or at least add this little snippet somewhere haha.

Last edited:
PS: Luckily Keldan saved the day. Why is the pic so small?

I tried to use the built-in image uploader, but it re-sizes the pic a lot to save space. I edited my post with a link to an external host so you can view the pic full size ;)

Almost nobody is working on 1.12 version modding. There is me, and three maybe four other guys in the whole WoW modding scene. It's a really tough environment, 3.3.5 is way easier.
And above everything there is a tool we would really need to be able to improve the whole Vanilla game : a fully working complete 3.3.5>2.4.3 M2 converter (we already have tools for 2.4>1.12. It doesn't exist yet. The people with the skills required for its creation don't care about 1.12.

That's why you won't see fancy updated graphics in WoW Vanilla soon.

Last edited:
It is still possible to enhance your graphics by the following way :

Macro to Enhance :

/console groundEffectDensity 256
/console groundEffectDist 170
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100
/console farclip 777
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console smallcull 0
/console maxLOD 3
/console SkyCloudLOD 3
/console characterAmbient 1

Macro to revert :

/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1

It is also possible to DL this ENB file originally made for GTA San Andreas but it has been modified in order to work with World of Warcraft. This mod is adding several effects like bloom and you can edit them as much as you want.

Suppose I'll consolidate this information into an FAQ or just one massive post, yay copy pasta.

Unfortunately I'll be playing on my little laptop for the most part so I can't really get into the graphics upgrading without becoming sorely disappointed by an FPS drop lol

Well that depends on your laptop's memory and GPU. WoW is an old game. I play on a laptop with an LCD plugged in, and WoW works quite well.

My GPU is shiet so I hold no high expectations, been a while since I tried to push it or anything. I just really prefer smooth gameplay over graphics, but thinking back I used to sacrifice for somewhere in between when I was younger because I loved Warcraft and wanted to see how things would look in detail. Maybe THE LIGHT will give it strength hahahah!

I think this macro is not increasing the max video settings by a lot but slightly. Pretty sure it is atleast showing more flora.

I'm not quite that far yet, but this one doesn't work?
http://modcraft.superparanoid.de/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7900

Working but not complete.
It can only handle simple m2, with only 1 .skin files and no advanced animations. It works for a crate or a barrel, but it won't work for creatures or characters models.
Yet, this is still a fantastic tool I use a lot since its release. You have to be careful using it, models have different collisions and if you replace badly a model it could be detected as a cheat and you would get banned pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to have newer textures and models.
I can see why that kind of stuff could be banned.
It's under the same roof as making the stealth skin neon pink or something so even the fun, harmless stuff gets blanket restricted.

Top Bottom