• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

MOLTEN DOWN KRONOS UP, Now is the best time to open a server

Who ever launches first is the new bomb! :biggrin: (Kronos / Nostalrius)
That may be true for players who do not know whats important or are not able to understand it.
I've spoke to 1 guy and he choses Nostalrius cause of 20ms better latency (infact he doesn't even know how latency looks on Kronos, but w/e). Yeah client freezes constantly, but at least I got that 20ms of my ping. Worth it.

Last edited:
There is no being first advantage if you know that the server you would rather play is releasing 2 weeks later.

And it doesn't matter anyway, Kronos is getting the biggest hype for a reason.

It is the only vanilla server I know (like corecraft for TBC) that is honest and transparant about what it offers and what it stands for instead of making bold statements. It only backfires.

I can't be the only person that is tired of servers claiming to be the top notch 100% server, 100k active player with an amaaaaazing community while they never even played elsewhere and have almost no proof for what they are saying.

I'm glad there are people like dodgykebaab out there to do objective reviews about private servers.

Last edited:
While I want to say Molten sort of had it coming, I feel for the people who put a lot of time and investment into their characters - some years worth - and lost everything.

Regardless, Molten sort of caters to a different playerbase than those pursuing the Vanilla dream, and I doubt that a vast majority would be interested in coming here since their expansion desires are different. That aside, I'd rather wait it out for Kronos to polish itself rather than taking advantage of anyone's slip up. Showing people that they have the more finished product will pay off vastly in the long run over opening it immediately and having bugs prominent everywhere.

Back through 2011 through 2013, Molten had a large number of confirmed DDoS attacks launched against rival private servers from a number of staff members as well as players. I mean they didn't cover their tracks worth a shit back then. On their own forum boards as well as player Guild forum boards there were numerous posts of bragging of how their servers were the best since when a weekend rolled around, your server was crap because it wasn't even up for their players.

Shame on them, because I remember that shit going down. They deserve all the misery they've earned.

It's not the users' fault that the server went down, they just trusted the wrong people. Most molten players did not donate but leveled and geared their characters in many hours, actually they lost more than the donators, because all "coins" are going to be restored, but gear erned the "right" way is not. No need to be so gleeful and malicious, it's not like molten community has done anything wrong to Kronos. And that's surely not the way to attract any of them...

Amen brother! And holy crap that is so true and sad :crying:

1. The server will open when it's ready so stop with the whole "now it's a good time" crap...

2. As a former Molten player, I feel bad for the players, mostly the ones that never had to donate, then again, bad administration had been an issue for the last year, I quit Molten back in 2011 but from time to time I checked their forums just out of curiosity, never saw that one coming, a huge percentage of the pop will either quit completely or look for another server, Kronos's playerbase is already established so if some of them come here, let them be welcome, either way, it doesn't make a huge impact for the vanilla community.

Last edited:
It's not the users' fault that the server went down, they just trusted the wrong people. Most molten players did not donate but leveled and geared their characters in many hours, actually they lost more than the donators, because all "coins" are going to be restored, but gear erned the "right" way is not. No need to be so gleeful and malicious, it's not like molten community has done anything wrong to Kronos. And that's surely not the way to attract any of them...

Well said. Why is there so much hate against Molten in general anyway? I fail to see the logic behind some posts in this thread, seriously.

It wasn't a good realm, esp when you could buy 100,000 gold for $10. Such a fucked up economy. Not sure why they even had a large playerbase to begin with.

I played on Molten for the last few months prior to this whole fustercluck. I enjoyed my time there, and I enjoyed the people I met there, so it wasn't really that bad of an experience for me personally. I never donated, and I'd just gotten my shadowpriest to raid level gear on a cataclysm server, so having him + a lvl 59 Warrior on a Wotlk server get wiped sucks balls, but what are you going to do?

I'm hoping Kronos gets going soon, because I've been looking for a Vanilla Pserver for some time now, and this is the first project that looks like it might be worth my time, even if I have to level at the normal rate all over again (I detest leveling).

Indeed, its what this vanilla server is built on. To provide that quality journey to 60 that most of us love.

Ok But so I read all this topic and I would like to know approximate date of lounching Kronos. I dont played here but I would like to know when it will be possible, because I dont saw that anywhere.
But sorry for this question when is inappropriate. Affter playing on official servers I want to go back where "Wow" started. And sorry for my English. I was surprised a Czech Vanilla forum was closed.
Waverik

I played on Molten for the last few months prior to this whole fustercluck. I enjoyed my time there, and I enjoyed the people I met there, so it wasn't really that bad of an experience for me personally. I never donated, and I'd just gotten my shadowpriest to raid level gear on a cataclysm server, so having him + a lvl 59 Warrior on a Wotlk server get wiped sucks balls, but what are you going to do?

I'm hoping Kronos gets going soon, because I've been looking for a Vanilla Pserver for some time now, and this is the first project that looks like it might be worth my time, even if I have to level at the normal rate all over again (I detest leveling).

Welcome mate

Solo leveling is to my experience boring, but starting out with a bunch of new friends and completing the journey to 60 together is not only great fun, but those people usually stay friends for along time after.

See you on kronos.

Top Bottom