• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Orc with a Nightsaber mount.

tkRuffiano

What's with that? Just ran into Orgrimmar and I see a Female Orc Warrior with a Nightsaber mount. Pure black cat. I'm pretty sure that's not possible to get on Horde side so what's with that? Donation reward or something?

Kind of ruins the feel of a Blizzlike Vanilla realm for me.

From my understanding, it was the intention that you should only be able to use donation mounts on the correct races, but something failed with implementing it.

From my understanding, it was the intention that you should only be able to use donation mounts on the correct races, but something failed with implementing it.

Yeah, I mean if it was on a Night Elf or literally any other Alliance race I'd understand. As that mount used to be obtainable through vendors on Alliance in the first few patches in Vanilla until they brought out the armored variants, but this is an eye sore.

Just, ugh. I may be being nitpicky, but I was having fun, nostalgia flowing through me and all and then I see that and... just logged out. It made it feel like all the other private servers giving out of place rewards to those who pay.

someone has to keep server up and working

There are better ways to fund the server than to completely ruin the faction differences. Making those super rare racial mounts faction specific is still a perfect way to do so without ruining the feel of Vanilla. Pretty soon we're gonna see a bunch of Tauren on Mechanostriders ugh.

Well that's just a little advantage for ppl who donate to the server. same as the non-combat pets.

Yeah it's not blizzlike, but there are many things that aren't blizzlike.

Maybe you should let us know what are the "better ways" to keep the server up and running you speak of?

I'm sure we could all benefit from hearing your ideas more than your criticisms.

I think some of you are jumping down the OP's throat.

I don't immediately get the impression that he's against donations or even donation rewards, I think he's specifically targeting the obtuse-ness of horde being able to ride mounts that they otherwise never would have been able to ride in a legitimate vanilla setting.

No, it doesn't affect anyones performance, and no, it doesn't hurt anyone in any digital way what-so-ever, but it can hurt the immersive feeling that people come to these servers to experience. Everything plays in to that, not just game balance or an un-tinkered progression style meant to mimi retail vanilla. This is an extreme example but let's say they replaced every single in-game NPC with a character model of an Orc, just for giggles. Nothing would change. It would affect nobody in terms of performance or game balance at all, but would it not feel a bit...uhm...weird?

I think that's what the OP is aiming at, and to be quite honest I agree, I think it's slightly if a little bit "erm" when you see it, it does remove a bit of the immersive, nostalgic punch that generally Kronos is otherwise superior at providing.

To make matters a bit more pickled, it wasn't originally intended to be like this. It was all due to a bork in the system that failed to prevent people from purchasing opposite faction-only mounts and being able to use them.

Honestly I think it's a little unintuitive to take the "Oh well" route with this situation. They should remove all mounts purchased by opposite faction players and refund their stars, allowing them to purchase appropriate donation mounts. There shouldn't be any complaints about "But the only reason I donated was to get this mount!" because it wasn't even intended to be that way in the first place, they knew that when they donated, and anybody who did after the first person exploited is just a collateral failing of the system.

I don't think anyone at all would have an issue with them taking such steps to make sure the realm provides a more nostalgic impression, and less of a break in that feeling because of races riding on impossible-back-then mounts. This is my suggestion anyway.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is still possible to get alliance mounts on horde side? I am not a fan of it... I feel like once more ppl start to get epic mounts, more and more will buy ally mounts. In my experience the more time ppl invest in a character the more willing they are to "upgrade" grade them with stuff like this.
I mean isn't it enough to save yourself time in getting a raptor as undead for example? Why ally mounts?

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not bothered at all about this, but if it was not intended (it's a bug), then it should be fixed, the mounts removed and the stars refunded...

Don't blame the system, blame the players using it.
It totally hurts your gameplay if an orc sits on a cat. I mean, how can you possibly play like this?

Well said! And I'm someone who donated and has mount from opposing faction - I wouldnt mind if it'd be removed.

I don't understand people like you: How can you agree with something while violating it?

You all have the responsibility to make this server the server you like. If everybody is against other fraction's mounts, just don't buy them and you have the playstyle you like.
You don't have to buy these mounts just BECAUSE it's possible and afterwards claiming that it shouldn't be possible.

Take your responsibility! or is prohibition the only maxim nowadays for people?

I don't understand people like you: How can you agree with something while violating it?

You all have the responsibility to make this server the server you like. If everybody is against other fraction's mounts, just don't buy them and you have the playstyle you like.
You don't have to buy these mounts just BECAUSE it's possible and afterwards claiming that it shouldn't be possible.

Well, perhaps this thread changed his perception? I mean I'm an orc myself and was planning on buying a sabercat mount because it's one of the coolest mounts imo - but after reading this thread I actually agree and am no longer planning on buying the mount.

I don't see what's wrong with changing your stance on a topic after receiving new information and input from others.

Don't blame the system, blame the players using it.
It totally hurts your gameplay if an orc sits on a cat. I mean, how can you possibly play like this?
This isn't really a valid argument because by that very same logic we don't really need government, or a justice system.

If there's a way to do something without getting in trouble for it, or if it isn't even against the rules at all, there is an infinitely high chance that people will do it. Not everyone shares the same vying for nostalgia that others have. Some don't care about the mounts no matter what race is riding what. As the rule makers (Tstar), the proper approach is to manually define what is and isn't ok. If they defined early on that this was going to be a thing, then nobody could complain, since that would be the rules they set. That's not how it happened though. They stated it wouldn't be the case.

Twinstar did this, but failed to actually enforce their intentions and limitations on the mount purchases because of a failing in their own system. Hence, the logical resolution would be for them to clean up the mess and set it how it was intended to be. The blame is actually fully on Twinstar, in this regard.

Last edited:

It was stated earlier by someone representing Kronos on this matter, that you could NOT donate for xfaction mount. However when I wanted to chip in for this server I wanted to try it out if it is actually possible or not. It does not kill my game if it's possible or not, it's just my personal preference that it shouldn't be, nothing more.

Regarding this matter I'm waiting for something to be announced if it's going to stay this way or if it will be changed. Why I am expecting? Because it does not work like informed.

When I asked about the matter the response was that changing the donation system would take quite alot time and therefore hasn't been done. Simple as that.

Chero and the team had their handsfull the first weeks with more important stuff. Imo its looks weird of course, but its not really bad. And like I said earlier. You have to blame your fellow players for buying those mounts, not Twinstar.

i think ppl don't even vote (that is free) if they don't get a good reward.
if this can help the server to keep running i don't have any problem, is only cosmetical and don't affect the gameplay in any way.

This thread :D

Makes me wonder sometimes were this world is going.
Got my white raptor in my bag waiting for me.

This is a cosmetic "skin" for a 60-100% mount and a good way to support the server and yes i think less people would donate if they couldnt get that white raptor for an example on the ally side.

Im both chipping in as an GM and a would say a big donor on this server (100euro this month since i started here) and if the white raptor was not useable for ally the 100euro would only be 60euro for sure.

The server needs people that want to donate, most of the players will never ever chip in a dime like on every other project but these players will fill the forums and the community (server) so they also support it in a big way but still, without donors the server will not exist.

Just my 5cent, i have been playing wow since closed beta and i could not care less if an orc rides on a gnome mount.

On a perfect server every player could chip in 1dollar every 4-6month and it would be great without donations for skins or other stuff but its not the reality and never will be.

So yes, some donors "pays" for 30-100 players "gametime" if i can call it that and they want something nice in return (ofc).

Last edited:
The thing that bugs me most is that saber and raptor are infact available to the other faction. Granted, they are not that easy to obtain, but how do other skins then the ZG mounts are any different?

Would you cry about an orc on a ZG tiger or a gnome on a ZG raptor? Oh, and god forbid if a paladin rides the UD mount from Strat.

The thing that bugs me most is that saber and raptor are infact available to the other faction. Granted, they are not that easy to obtain, but how do other skins then the ZG mounts are any different?

Would you cry about an orc on a ZG tiger or a gnome on a ZG raptor? Oh, and god forbid if a paladin rides the UD mount from Strat.

You just killed the thread, RIP

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand their side of the argument. It might be the same model but it's not the same skin, and each of the mounts you named are ridiculously rare to boot. Donation mounts are something anyone can have, and in this very case, it has shown that too much cross-faction freedom has "killed" the vibe. I guarantee you if one person felt the need to post about it, there are likely many others who consider it a big deal to them as well. I personally think it's worth officially addressing.

Cision, this isn't about people's motivation or obligation to donate, this is about regulations being enforced. The regulation was likely thought up in order to keep to the "legitimacy" of having a nostalgic feel, immersion. I don't see why this isn't a concept they'd be sure to revisit when making a decision on these mis-distributed mounts.

To be fair, I'm not really against donation mounts or even cross-faction usage, but I am at least not ignorant enough to be aware that I'm not the only person playing this game and I can see the obvious red flags seeing things like that may pop for some people. Given that they've stated what their original goal was, I think it's worth getting their long term view on what will (if anything) be done, which could even just be "we changed our minds, have at it".

The problem here is, that donation shop does not support faction restrictions now and it will take time to add this feature. Chero did not wanted to allow this, but he didn't know, that it's not possible to enforce it with current donation shop.

And now, when ppl already bought their mounts, what to do with it? Remake donate shop and restrict it retroactively? Then you are going to piss off many ppl that donated for these. Or you can keep it like it's now and you piss off people that feel it's not right in vanilla.
Just now, there is no way to make happy both sides. Doing either of these two options is going to backfire badly.:huh:

Top Bottom