• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Orc with a Nightsaber mount.

The thing that bugs me most is that saber and raptor are infact available to the other faction. Granted, they are not that easy to obtain, but how do other skins then the ZG mounts are any different?

Would you cry about an orc on a ZG tiger or a gnome on a ZG raptor? Oh, and god forbid if a paladin rides the UD mount from Strat.
I used to play Human Paladin during TBC. It took me countless hours inside SH to obtain that undead mount.

Finally I made it, I was proud of it and people looked at it with stupor. Such effort gave a special reward, you can't compare them the way you do.

I already saw an Orc on a saber... and it gave me another bad feeling about the server...

The question as always is... what next?

just grandfather the current mounts and change the setting after an announcement. pretty sure some people would rush to get their cross faction mount before it was too late, oh no twinstar is getting our money to further stabilize and improve the server! such bad, wowe, right?

same complaints will happen when they add tabards or something else. that's the price you pay, for playing for free. or donate, and let your voice be heard a little bit louder, hmm?

just grandfather the current mounts and change the setting after an announcement. pretty sure some people would rush to get their cross faction mount before it was too late, oh no twinstar is getting our money to further stabilize and improve the server! such bad, wowe, right?

same complaints will happen when they add tabards or something else. that's the price you pay, for playing for free. or donate, and let your voice be heard a little bit louder, hmm?

Then there are options that people can choose that don't require cross-faction available mounts...and for those people they will go those other options. Now the potential for that player to donate or even make a character here has been lost. It's double-loss for Kronos then. If you actually play on Kronos you'd know that we can take all we can get.

Try to be a bit more open-minded about the issue people.

This is a cosmetic "skin" for a 60-100% mount and a good way to support the server and yes i think less people would donate if they couldnt get that white raptor for an example on the ally side.

Anyways what is next?Alliance Shamans?Horde Paladins?Druids with swords?Wand wielding taurens?It would help with the funding and money is your prime motive,atleast thats what i am getting from your message.

So you guys failed and should make a efford by making it right(implement faction tags on mounts like on retail and give players the possiblity to exchange mounts for other mounts(the currency for mount x is mount y).

- - - Updated - - -

Try to be a bit more open-minded about the issue people.

I am very openminded about the issue,i played a nightelf on retail for the mounts.I never played orc on retail because of the mounts.That simple logic made factions.

It isn't about "its just a cosmetic blabla" because cosmetics is all we have.Otherwise we could be playing this as a text only mmorpg and everyone could run their own server for 10 cent a month.

I am very openminded about the issue,i played a nightelf on retail for the mounts.I never played orc on retail because of the mounts.That simple logic made factions.

It isn't about "its just a cosmetic blabla" because cosmetics is all we have.Otherwise we could be playing this as a text only mmorpg and everyone could run their own server for 10 cent a month.
You shouldn't direct your arguments at me, who is generally arguing in your favor.

No one asked me, but what the hell. If it's a pet, or a mount, or a tabard, or anything that doesn't grant unique stats or a crazy advantage, I could care less of what the pixels look like. Pay to Win is where you go outside of those limits by definition and I'm glad the server staff didn't take that route.

Twinstar should do what's best for the server in keeping it going, in my humble opinion. Personally, when I've seen a tauren riding around on a saber mount (and breaking the poor thing's back doing it), I felt like the player was a cool guy for donating.

I think some of you are jumping down the OP's throat.

I don't immediately get the impression that he's against donations or even donation rewards, I think he's specifically targeting the obtuse-ness of horde being able to ride mounts that they otherwise never would have been able to ride in a legitimate vanilla setting.

No, it doesn't affect anyones performance, and no, it doesn't hurt anyone in any digital way what-so-ever, but it can hurt the immersive feeling that people come to these servers to experience. Everything plays in to that, not just game balance or an un-tinkered progression style meant to mimi retail vanilla. This is an extreme example but let's say they replaced every single in-game NPC with a character model of an Orc, just for giggles. Nothing would change. It would affect nobody in terms of performance or game balance at all, but would it not feel a bit...uhm...weird?

I think that's what the OP is aiming at, and to be quite honest I agree, I think it's slightly if a little bit "erm" when you see it, it does remove a bit of the immersive, nostalgic punch that generally Kronos is otherwise superior at providing.

To make matters a bit more pickled, it wasn't originally intended to be like this. It was all due to a bork in the system that failed to prevent people from purchasing opposite faction-only mounts and being able to use them.

Honestly I think it's a little unintuitive to take the "Oh well" route with this situation. They should remove all mounts purchased by opposite faction players and refund their stars, allowing them to purchase appropriate donation mounts. There shouldn't be any complaints about "But the only reason I donated was to get this mount!" because it wasn't even intended to be that way in the first place, they knew that when they donated, and anybody who did after the first person exploited is just a collateral failing of the system.

I don't think anyone at all would have an issue with them taking such steps to make sure the realm provides a more nostalgic impression, and less of a break in that feeling because of races riding on impossible-back-then mounts. This is my suggestion anyway.

Whoah, did not expect this to blow as much as it did, but you are completely correct in my thought process. I'm fine with donating for rewards, such as FACTION APPROPRIATE mounts and Blizzcon Pets etc. Tabards aren't as much of an eye sore as a mount and as long as they are faction appropriate or both factions were able to use them in Vanilla Retail I have no problem with it.

Whoever said I was against donation grossly misunderstood me. Also, it seems this wasn't even intended to begin with! I hope they fix it and grant those people a faction appropriate mount to make up for it. I was loving this server so far, not too populated like Nostralius and a lot less bugs seemingly, but that single instance of the Orc on a Nightsaber that wasn't a Zulian Tiger just killed the vibe for me.

It made it feel like a private server, like you pay for privileges and it pulled me from my nostalgia groove quick. Now, if I saw the Alliance with that Nightsaber, which was only possible to get the first few patches of Vanilla Retail on Alliance, it wouldn't have pulled me out because I saw those every so often on Retail and would probably had motivated me into donating for one. As it was still a damn good symbol of you being a donater, but not killing the true Vanilla feel. I'm sure even if those mounts were faction specifc people would throw money at them. I sure would.

TLDR; Opposing faction mounts kill the true Vanilla vibe/nostalgia feel for me and makes it feel like a private server. That's all I was stating.

From their FAQ page.

"Will donation mounts be available to the faction they are normally not intended for?

No."

They could at least change it. xD

As always, money and the cancer of the nowadays gaming community which ruined the original world of warcraft... casual players... are smashing the hardcore wow quality here again.

Horde must use Horde and neutral mounts only, alliance must use alliance and neutral mounts only. If you disagree, then you're only a mere bottom-feeder casual player and you should be playing on the original servers that are made especially for no-fingered casual players like you to take a selfie and post in whatever twitter is called there.

HEY CASUALS, LEAVE THE HARDCORE WORLD OF WARCRAFT FOR THE HARDCORE PLAYERS AND GO PLAY BARBIE WORLD!!!

We already have the 10 gold respec (which I'm against, but I could bear because this action was warned before the release), now they suddenly come with this permission to purchase mounts from another faction via donate glitch that they won't fix this cuz the filthy casual players already bought them? This brutally ruins the immersion and these players should get banned for exploiting! What's next? GM itens, opposite fact. pvp set, garrisons and flying mounts for donors? It's just cosmectical, but we should add the dwarf priest racial to any horde race cuz people would pay for it and help the server keep on.

Please, take all these illegal mounts back and refund the players with the donation currency to avoid making this great server turning into another casual private junk that make me stop playing world of warcraft for years. We are on Kronos for the hardcore vanilla wow feeling that was promissed for us, nobody wanted the "let's take a selfie" casual and stinky wow vibe that makes everything easy and messy for us, we want the hardcore wow vibe, otherwise we would be playing at the orogonal servers and taking selfies.

WoW Hardcore >>>>>> abyss >>>>>>>> WoW casual

Last edited:
Horde must use Horde and neutral mounts only, alliance must use alliance and neutral mounts only

Yeah, you want blizzlike, no bugs, no casuals and all free, cause money that ruins your brain cells, maybe. Cry me a fucking river. Someone has to PAY for this server, and people obviously don't really rush to do it. It's not like there'a a fucking plethora of wrong faction mounts in the game due to all the "casuals" that donated for them.

You saw a fucking orc on a cat, if you even saw one, and went all berserk about how you can't play anymore, cause it's ruined. CLOSE YOUR EYES until the orc goes away, that'll fix it for ya.

I was kinda neutral on this shit, but now I'm going to check if I like some horde mount to buy it. Then I will AFK in SW for hours :yes:

As long as you can't buy gold, any item that drops from a raid/dungeon (gear, ZG tiger/raptor, and baron mount) i personally couldn't care less if someone is riding a panther instead of a wolf. Sure, some will point out the character auction but people discussed enough about this subject. I rather see horde on panthers and allies on raptors than having Kronos close in a month. The staff worked their ass off to give us this awesome server. They deserve the money they're receiving from those vanity items donation rewards. there's only one thing i'd be against though and that is faction transfer. Unless of course it's a transfer to the less populated side.

I'm just sharing my opinion, don't freak out. :biggrin:

Just fyi, I think that lots of these crazy long posts could have been much shorter and they would have the same informational value.

The reason behind crossfaction mounts was asked in another topic and Chero explained both the pricing and the availability: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/94147-Vanity-Mounts-Pets?p=739142&viewfull=1#post739142

Fefejooj you should really wake up. A "casual" will most likely not even know that alliance mounts cannot be purchased by horde players and vice versa, it's much more likely the mount will be bought by a hardcore player. Again just fyi, a "hardcore player" means a player that he spends a lot of his time in the game and knows how to play well, not a player that strictly follows the patch notes.

Stop the :guvnodest: :guvnodest: :guvnodest:

As always, money and the cancer of the nowadays gaming community which ruined the original world of warcraft... casual players... are smashing the hardcore wow quality here again.

Horde must use Horde and neutral mounts only, alliance must use alliance and neutral mounts only. If you disagree, then you're only a mere bottom-feeder casual player and you should be playing on the original servers that are made especially for no-fingered casual players like you to take a selfie and post in whatever twitter is called there.

HEY CASUALS, LEAVE THE HARDCORE WORLD OF WARCRAFT FOR THE HARDCORE PLAYERS AND GO PLAY BARBIE WORLD!!!

We already have the 10 gold respec (which I'm against, but I could bear because this action was warned before the release), now they suddenly come with this permission to purchase mounts from another faction via donate glitch that they won't fix this cuz the filthy casual players already bought them? This brutally ruins the immersion and these players should get banned for exploiting! What's next? GM itens, opposite fact. pvp set, garrisons and flying mounts for donors? It's just cosmectical, but we should add the dwarf priest racial to any horde race cuz people would pay for it and help the server keep on.

Please, take all these illegal mounts back and refund the players with the donation currency to avoid making this great server turning into another casual private junk that make me stop playing world of warcraft for years. We are on Kronos for the hardcore vanilla wow feeling that was promissed for us, nobody wanted the "let's take a selfie" casual and stinky wow vibe that makes everything easy and messy for us, we want the hardcore wow vibe, otherwise we would be playing at the orogonal servers and taking selfies.

WoW Hardcore >>>>>> abyss >>>>>>>> WoW casual
It is rumored faction change will be available for donations too, probably race change too (at least some people on forum agree with this).

"Kronos, What next?"

Seriously, server is loosing even more player base like this, if you aren't worried about it, go ahead this way, but remember actually players HAVE another choice.

Complete agree with the original poster, I came here for the immersion. Retail wow is so chaotic and so far from a consistent feeling. One of the main reasons I lost a lot of enjoyment.

Whole post is a bit weird, but I'm for
Please, take all these illegal mounts back and refund the players with the donation currency
or at least for a removal of a possibility to buy more crossfaction mount in the near future, because, as I already said,
The reason behind crossfaction mounts was asked in another topic and Chero explained both the pricing and the availability: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/94147-Vanity-Mounts-Pets?p=739142&viewfull=1#post739142
is not very good explanation IMHO. It sounds like "we won't fix a bug because it's too difficult to fix".

Last edited:
i laugh a bit, because a lot of these people that are complaining for a mount that ruined their vanilla experience, don't even attack/kill a member of the opposite faction in the same area because they want to level/farm in peace. #hypocrisy

Hey Mr. HARDCORE.. You know, if you are not happy u can just leave to the other server where there is no donate shop at all & where all stick to 2006 blizzlike even the trees LoS.. :laugh::laugh: All top PVPers from all private servers came there so pvp competition is already huge gogo. leave casuals like us with ally mount in Orgri alone, thank you

Hey Mr. HARDCORE.. You know, if you are not happy u can just leave to the other server where there is no donate shop at all & where all stick to 2006 blizzlike even the trees LoS.. :laugh::laugh: All top PVPers from all private servers came there so pvp competition is already huge gogo. leave casuals like us with ally mount in Orgri alone, thank you
Yes, sadly this is what happened.

No they didn't.

You didn't play there for sure.. There is tons of premade, competition for standing is hard. Best players from Warsong, Alakir, ED, Nostalgeek, Rebirth, AT are all there. That's why i left :laugh:

I like my Tauren riding a spotted nightsaber. It might not have been intended for people to be able to purchase cross-faction mounts, but now alot of us have them, and if they suddenly remove them thats not gonna fly. It is what it is now. Its just cosmetic so deal with it!

Also the poster above me is scary.

I didn't read the whole thread, so if I'm out of place/topic already, I apologize.

But my point of view - this, in fact, totally bothers me and it is really disappointing to see on Kronos server, which I believed to be the ultimate vanilla experience. It really feels out of place and it really somewhat (not only "somewhat" for me) kill the vanilla feeling. If there is something screaming "YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE SERVER", it's something you literally couldn't see on retail. It feels really like I'm on a custom server and the immersion is gone.

And the argument that it's "just a skin" isn't gonna cut it for me, because that would apply for even if we had like TBC flying mounts (but just walking on ground), custom character models, etc. It just doesn't belong to Vanilla and it's wrong. I don't want to see those things when passing through main cities.

I came here because I wanted to feel like on retail Vanilla again. I did not come here to see custom 1.12.1-based server (I know it's stretching this a little too far, but this is my personal feeling).

I didn't read the whole thread, so if I'm out of place/topic already, I apologize.

But my point of view - this, in fact, totally bothers me and it is really disappointing to see on Kronos server, which I believed to be the ultimate vanilla experience. It really feels out of place and it really somewhat (not only "somewhat" for me) kill the vanilla feeling. If there is something screaming "YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE SERVER", it's something you literally couldn't see on retail. It feels really like I'm on a custom server and the immersion is gone.

And the argument that it's "just a skin" isn't gonna cut it for me, because that would apply for even if we had like TBC flying mounts (but just walking on ground), custom character models, etc. It just doesn't belong to Vanilla and it's wrong. I don't want to see those things when passing through main cities.

I came here because I wanted to feel like on retail Vanilla again. I did not come here to see custom 1.12.1-based server (I know it's stretching this a little too far, but this is my personal feeling).

I agree 100% with your statement. This is exactly what happened and how I felt when I initially posted this. "LOOK YOU'RE IN A PRIVATE SERVER!!! ORC ON A NIGHTSABER!!!" Literally went through my head and just ground my enjoyment to a halt. Reality slapped me in the face and I have not been on Kronos since.

A lot of people say "its just cosmetic" but if you saw an Orc running around in an Alliance major city and see it tagged with the Alliance flag you'd shit a brick, but hey, that's "just cosmetic" too.

There needs to be a line, or this shit will tumble out of control like it does on most private servers. People exploiting a bug and then basically saying, "Hey, they let me have it and if they don't let me keep it shit will go down," are the problem here. These are the same entitled jerks who ruined retail WoW and for this server to keep its integirty it needs to stop, they need to fix this bug, offer the people a faction appropriate mount, and push this crap in the past and never look back.

I pray that the devs here DO NOT let people get away with exploiting this UNINTENTIONAL BUG. Once this is resolved I would most likely come back in full force on this otherwise amazing server. So close to that nostalgia trip I've been yearning for.

i would also like to see this sorted.
it may only be a visual, but it lowers the nostalgic feeling for many quite a lot imo.

the devs should reconsider if thats really necessary and worth it to "keep" it.

I was always surprised how easily peoples get disarmed by "its just a cosmetic change" thingy. Probably because cosmetic is connected with girls, and if you dare to care about it you just a pussie :)

But seriously if we are such a hardcore's and nothing else is important for us except the gameplay... Than why the hell we are not playing muds? Who the hell need a graphic in computer game?

No guys graphic is important, and new mounts are not "just cosmetic" changes. They are whole new models that gives your gameplay sense of fulfilling, and immersion.

Top Bottom